CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Really weird... (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/52185-really-weird.html)

Pat13 09-12-2011 02:23 PM

Really weird...

Ok well i got up in the mlrning and drove to school, everything was fine and about 7 hours later and the thermometer saying its 103 degrees F and i turned it on to gk home and the check engine light came on. I turned it on and off and it was still there. I drove round for a half hour turned the car off two more times stoping at wawa and wamart and still on. Im driving up hill at a stop sign and yes i staled out ( very rare occassion) nd the check engine went off. Well sry for the long explanation but any ideas?

Thirteendog 09-12-2011 02:53 PM

Re: Really weird...

Originally Posted by Pat13
Ok well i got up in the mlrning and drove to school, everything was fine and about 7 hours later and the thermometer saying its 103 degrees F and i turned it on to gk home and the check engine light came on. I turned it on and off and it was still there.

Longest run on sentence ever.

Sadly there really isn't enough information to properly diagnose a car. I don't think the heat has anything to do with it. I would bet it's a sensor somewhere that's ready to go bad.

killerkanadian 09-12-2011 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Longest run on sentence ever.

Sadly there really isn't enough information to properly diagnose a car. I don't think the heat has anything to do with it. I would bet it's a sensor somewhere that's ready to go bad.

It's a Jersey thing.

I agree though, one of many sensors could be going bad.

Kane 09-12-2011 03:22 PM

Stop at a local AutoZone and they'll likely run a diagnostic for free.

Unless you want to give the stealership a hundred bucks.

maxcichon 09-12-2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Kane
Stop at a local AutoZone and they'll likely run a diagnostic for free.

Unless you want to give the stealership a hundred bucks.

Bingo. DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Code)s are stored when that little light , Check Engine Light (CEL) comes on. That stored code helps tell where to start looking to the troubleshooter.

Autozone, Advance Auto etc.

Or buy a scanner for yourself. Darned handy to own. And cheap depending on the model. For one just to check and clear DTC's about $30.

andysdorm 09-12-2011 04:55 PM

It could be a leaking hose. Same thing happened to my Riviera.

The light came on only after driving for awhile, then when stopped at a light it just stalled. No rumbling or shaking just stopped working, like a Prius at a stop.

Online research led me to a hose leak lead. YouTube diagnosis and repair vids mentioned the car will stall and it will be a rare occasion.

I hope this helped.

Pat13 09-12-2011 05:19 PM

Thanks, sry i am currenty typing from my phone so its not the best gramer. And i do have a diagnostic scanner but where exactly is the plug for this car. I mentioned the heat because it was definantly not 103 outside. And by the way i grew up in philly so the " its a jersey thing" doesnt apply but thanks for the back up i think

maxcichon 09-12-2011 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pat13
Thanks, sry i am currenty typing from my phone so its not the best gramer. And i do have a diagnostic scanner but where exactly is the plug for this car. I mentioned the heat because it was definantly not 103 outside. And by the way i grew up in philly so the " its a jersey thing" doesnt apply but thanks for the back up i think

The OBDII port is right in front of the hood release handle by the drivers' left knee. There is a little door over it.

Pat13 09-12-2011 10:39 PM

Pat13 09-12-2011 10:41 PM

Sry for the double post, and thanks i was looking for it the other day