Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Electrical issue-car keeping dying

Old 09-15-2011, 04:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electrical issue-car keeping dying

So about a week ago I was at a stop light and went to take off and couldn't because my car had died. I sat in the middle of the road and about 2 minutes later the car started back up. I was concerned, but really didn't make anything of it because it didn't happen again. Now, 2 days ago I noticed my car had a loss of electrical power and the battery light came on. I went to autozone to have them test my battery and alternator. First, the guy tested the alternator and said it was bad, but then another guy said you can't test the alternator if the battery is bad, so he tested my battery and said it needed replaced. We replaced it and checked the alternator, he said it was fine.

Later that night I was driving and all my indicator lights came on, my radio shut off, and spoiler went up on its on. Then I noticed my headlights weren't very bright. The next day I was driving to take it back to have the alternator and the new battery tested(thinking it may have a bad terminal). Well while on my way there all the indicator lights, air stopped blowing, spoiler, radio, ..etc came back on. Then I noticed the car started to chug and suddenly die. I waited a few minutes and got it to start back up. Autozone was too far away, so I decided to turn back home to avoid being stranded. Well, I made it back home and now the car is stuck in the garage. I am currently charging the battery in hopes it will last long enough to get me to autozone.

My first thought was that it is the alternator, but honestly have no idea. Any thoughts on what might be the issue?

Sorry for the long description. I just wanted to tell the entire story to avoid leaving any info out.

The following users liked this post:
G3kt4eva042115 (05-07-2022)