Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Question regarding service intervals

Old 07-02-2012, 05:40 PM
Received 79 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Question regarding service intervals

Hey!

So I bought my Crossfire exactly one year ago with 48,000 miles on it. It's a 2004 model with now 61,000 miles on it. The little service manual does not show any entries but I hope the previous owner did the required service intervals on the car.
Either way, I think it's definitely time to have this checked out by a professional and have fluids changed, maybe spark plugs replaced etc.
Do you guys agree and if so where should I take the car? Chrysler dealership, mercedes dealership, repair shop which knows how to work on European cars? How much will this cost me?

Thanks for any input,
Nick

Old 07-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question regarding service intervals

Originally Posted by nickwe21
Hey!

So I bought my Crossfire exactly one year ago with 48,000 miles on it. It's a 2004 model with now 61,000 miles on it. The little service manual does not show any entries but I hope the previous owner did the required service intervals on the car.
Either way, I think it's definitely time to have this checked out by a professional and have fluids changed, maybe spark plugs replaced etc.
Do you guys agree and if so where should I take the car? Chrysler dealership, mercedes dealership, repair shop which knows how to work on European cars? How much will this cost me?

Thanks for any input,
Nick
You probably already know that the oil change interval is about 7,000 miles as seen on your dash display. For other fluids (transmission, differential, brake fluid, coolant) the recommended interval is about 90K. The service manuals say you never have to replace the steering fluid. The plugs and wires a good for 100K according to the book, but I changed mine at about 80K because the gas mileage started to fall off a bit, as was performance. I used the recommended Bosch plugs (iridium if I remember correctly) and they came with specific instructions to not gap them. At any rate they were always at .040 which is the correct gap if memory serves... So you should be in pretty good shape with around 60K on your car. Of course, my experience may not apply because I bought mine new and have followed the service requirements pretty much to the letter. So use your judgement. The only other things to recommend is to change the serpentine belt if it's the original, and buy a spare crankshaft position sensor... The cps seems to go bad every 60K or so. You can find lots of that experience here on that subject. On the whole if you follow the service intervals and use the recommended (Mopar or MB) fluids including Mobile 1 0w 40 oil at changes, the car is pretty darn bullet proof, mechanically a least. Then there are tires and water leaks in the "trunk" but those are for different threads.

Just drive and enjoy this special little car. Mine has 95,000+ miles on it and I still enjoy getting in and driving it just to drive it.