Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

spare parts and tools for crossfire I'm picking up tomorrow

Old 02-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile spare parts and tools for crossfire I'm picking up tomorrow

I am going to pick up a crossfire tomorrow, a '06 roadster. I want to buy spare camshaft and crankshaft position sensors to keep as spares and was wondering where I should get them... I saw that ebay has the camshaft position sensor for $39. Not sure where is the best place to get the crankshaft position sensor.

I also want to buy a code reader and could use some advice on what type to get and where to get it.

I've been reading the forum for about a month and have learned a lot about these cars. I will carry the tools needed to change these two parts with me as well as the two wrenches needed in case the top gets stuck.

I plan to check and repair, if necessary, the RCM as soon as I get the car home. That looks like an easy fix.

I saw a good post once on the forum once covering how to replace the ignition switch, or at least the part that malfunctions but I can't find it now. Perhaps someone could point me to that post?

The car is the Aero Blue and looks like new. I am very excited and will post some pictures when I get it home. I have managed, with great difficulty to clear out a space in my garage for it so it can live indoors.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Default Re: spare parts and tools for crossfire I'm picking up tomorrow

Do I need the Mann fleece oil filter or should I get one from Chrysler?
Does the K&N air filter work well for these cars?
The car is not an SRT6, I figured I would get a speeding ticket for sure in that car.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stargzr
I also want to buy a code reader and could use some advice on what type to get and where to get it...
Kill a few birds with one stone, get an UltraGuage Monitor:

UltraGauge Automotive Information Center and OBDII Scan Tool

It will read Codes in real time, and provides a Reset function.

Plus it's quite informative, and looks kool stuck to your dash (with Velcro)...

Old 02-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The speeding tickets are based on speed not the model of car. I think I made it like 6 weeks before I got my 1st Crossfire ticket. I decided early in life that since I loved to drive fast to never ***** about speeding tickets and I've gotten more than my fair share. I figure there is no sense to get upset about them because I, like most folks get away with speeding much more than I get caught. I think the cops think I must be nuts because I'm so cheerful when I get stopped. It does drive my insurance man up the wall tho. All that said I'll probably get another one tomorrow. I can hardly wait! Welcome aboard and don't be afraid to air her out once in awhile.

Old 02-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Some say the K&Ns don't filter particles as well as oem, but I run them in both my XFs and my A6 2.7T. I clean and re-oil them annually. Make sure you thoroughly drain the excess oil. I have not heard a problem with XF, but the Audi MAF can get oiled and stop working correctly. Do not expect any better performance, mileage, or engine noise. I think the biggest value is that I now have air filters that should last the life of my car. I installed it in my A6 at ~100k and now have 205k.

Old 02-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stargzr
I saw a good post once on the forum once covering how to replace the ignition switch, or at least the part that malfunctions but I can't find it now. Perhaps someone could point me to that post?
Bookmark this link for a wealth of info and common fixes.

It also contains the "Sticky Ignition Issue" in a PDF format:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...s-repairs.html

Remember that old adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix it...!!!

Old 02-28-2012, 01:32 PM

If you are thinking of spare sensors you should think of getting real Bosch parts. A search will lead you to the real Bosch part numbers. The pair go for about $100. Ebay will be glad to sell you cheap chinese knockoffs that may or may work.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle_Al
If you are thinking of spare sensors you should think of getting real Bosch parts. A search will lead you to the real Bosch part numbers. The pair go for about $100. Ebay will be glad to sell you cheap chinese knockoffs that may or may work.
Thanks, Uncle Al. That's what I was looking for. I picked up my new (used) crossfire today and I love it. It was 71 deg. and mostly sunny this afternoon and I surprised my granddaughter by picking her up from school with it. We rode home with the top down and radio blasting to her favorite country station. I haven't owned a fun car for over 20 years. That one was a '91 5.0 liter Mustang convertible with a 5 speed that my wife and I bought on impulse off the showroom floor. We had fun with that car for sure but I can tell that the quality is much higher on the Crossfire. This one is a keeper.