Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

SRT6 Spoiler on Limited - Alarm at 85 mph

Old 03-19-2012, 05:46 PM
fer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking SRT6 Spoiler on Limited - Alarm at 85 mph

Hi everyone, this is my fisrt post in the forum, and I have to say it's great. I've learnt a lot about this gorgeous car thanks to this community.

I come with an issue that I know it's been mentioned before, but after consulting several threads, didn't really found a final solution.

I recently got a white 2005 Limited and already love it. I don't know who or why did it but I actually like the looks of the SRT6 Fixed Spoiler on the car, it was already this way when I got it.

Last week took to the highway for the first time in a short trip (60 mi) and I noticed the alarm that goes on when you hit the 85mph mark when the motorized spoiler is not deployed. Altough I can live with that beep (stereo volume up ), have to say it annoys me.

I've seen the same very case in other threads but seems like everyone else just accepted their fate. Got the constant flashing light on the spoiler switch and everything else like the others. I started this new thread because the old ones are a couple of years old and didn't want to revive them.

I'd really appreciate if someone could give me a hint about this.

Thanks in advance, and please pardon mi poor grammar, still learning english.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: SRT6 Spoiler on Limited - Alarm at 85 mph

The body control module probably is not seeing the switch closed for the wing completely deployed. The previous owner most likely took the two switches out with the motor and wing when they did the conversion. You will need to confirm that. Then you need to look up the wiring diagram and figure out which wires need to be jumpered to make the BCM think the wing is fully deployed all the time.

You can get the service manual with schematics and all other docs here.....

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ollection.html

See page 8W-55-2 of the 2004 Service Manual.... it looks like taking BCM pin C4-28 to ground will simulate the UP limit switch.

Last edited by MikeR; 03-19-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Didn't James1549 fix this?

Old 03-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think someone did.....

Old 03-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

I tried to make it work with all kind of resistors and no luck until I used the motor out the active wing. Take a look.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...lectrical.html

Old 03-19-2012, 09:13 PM
fer

Thank you so much to all of you, I knew I could find the answer in this forum.

James I was reading your thread right now, guess I can access the motor from the inner side of the hatch. But the thing that is not completely clear to me is why do I have to rewire it, isn't it supposed to be already connected as it was initially?

I ask this because when I start the car I hear a buzzing sound coming from the hatch area, I assume that sound is the motor trying to lift the mobile spoiler.

So, it would be enough to just move the motor from where it is placed (so the shaft can move freely) and leave all the connections just the way they are?

Thanks again, great community.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

First I will assume you have a coupe, but a roadster should be similar. You need to open the hatch and remove the inner hatch trim. One screw and a bunch of pulling clips loose and you will be able to look and see exactly what you have.

Is it actually the motor you hear running? Is there even a motor still there? Did they mount the fixed wing on the active wing but disable the gears so it won't raise? You really need to see what is there.

Then report back....

James

PS Posting some pics of the inside of the hatch would be best if you have the resources.

Last edited by James1549; 03-19-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:43 PM
fer

Yes it's a coupe. I'm not really sure it's de motor what I hear; as you say, it may not even be there anymore. All I know is I hear a buzz coming from the rear area (not really loud, there has to be silent around to be able to hear it).

Thank you James, I'll check that out tomorrow when there's good light so I can take some pics.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:43 PM
fer

Yes it's a coupe. I'm not really sure it's de motor what I hear; as you say, it may not even be there anymore. All I know is I hear a buzz coming from the rear area (not really loud, there has to be silent around to be able to hear it).

Thank you James, I'll check that out tomorrow when there's good light so I can take some pics.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:11 PM
fer

Sorry for the late answer, I've been kinda busy in the last weeks.

When I tried to remove the lid I had the first problem since I didn't have a torx screwdriver, went to get one and removed the single screw you mention. But after that it went difficult to remove the lid, I pulled it and tried to unlock it but it seems to be stuck or something. Actually I'm a little afraid of pulling harder and break it. I'll try later when I have the chance but that thing gave me a hard time.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by fer
Sorry for the late answer, I've been kinda busy in the last weeks.

When I tried to remove the lid I had the first problem since I didn't have a torx screwdriver, went to get one and removed the single screw you mention. But after that it went difficult to remove the lid, I pulled it and tried to unlock it but it seems to be stuck or something. Actually I'm a little afraid of pulling harder and break it. I'll try later when I have the chance but that thing gave me a hard time.
Pry between the trim and the hatch frame with a plastic tool, you need to snap out the retainers.