CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   5 years ago... (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/55756-5-years-ago.html)

Valk 04-20-2012 11:27 PM

5 years ago...

Well...
Now it has been 5 years this week since I bought my Crossfire
With 78000 miles on the clock now and many road trips across the country to meet the good people of this forum I must say that it's been a great 5 years !! :D

I value the friendships I have made here and never knew buying a fun little unique car would have made this all possible.
I continue to attend the various meets around the country and yes sometimes by air travel to see all my Crossfire friends.
With a better employer, a job I enjoy and only a few weeks vacation there is not enough time to drive to them all anymore. :(

Just glad to be here and look forward to the upcoming year of events.
To all of you here......keep the perma grin on ;)

Gary

Oh ya...look back at my One year ago today thread from 2008

Thirteendog 04-20-2012 11:40 PM

Re: 5 years ago.....this week

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY (Post 668075)
Well...
With 78000 miles on the clock now and many road trips across the country to meet the good people of this forum I must say that it's been a great 5 years !! :D

I value the friendships I have made here and never knew buying a fun little unique car would have made this all possible.
I continue to attend the various meets around the country and yes sometimes by air travel to see all my Crossfire friends.
With a better employer, a job I enjoy and only a few weeks vacation there is not enough time to drive to them all anymore. :(

Gary

Oh ya...look back at myOne year ago today thread from 2008

Did you just say Ya? You crazy yank.

Happy 5 year this week anniversary

SRQfun 04-20-2012 11:45 PM

I have only owned mine for one month and love the fact that every time I see another Crossfire there is an exchange of smiles, waves, or thumbs up as we pass on the road. Looking forward to the Tail of the Dragon this fall.
Loving the "Perma Grin!!"

Thirteendog 04-20-2012 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by SRQfun (Post 668078)
I have only owned mine for one month and love the fact that every time I see another Crossfire there is an exchange of smiles, waves, or thumbs up as we pass on the road. Looking forward to the Tail of the Dragon this fall.

That's actually how many Crossfire end up in fender benders. They're so excited that they've seen another one that they wave so frantically that they hit a fire hydrant.

Be thankfull your not in a Mercedese SLK32. They tend to broadslide into sidewalk curbs :/

+fireamx 04-20-2012 11:51 PM

Glad you're still here Gary, the place wouldn't be the same without Ya.;)

SRQfun 04-21-2012 12:17 AM

Living in Sarasota, most of the SLK's never go over 30 mph and they don't slid into the curbs they just drive over them to get to the sidewalk.....because they think that is the clearest lane:rolleyes:

JHM2K 04-21-2012 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog (Post 668079)
Be thankfull your not in a Mercedese SLK32. They tend to broadslide into sidewalk curbs :/

Worse yet, they're invisible at car shows.

bmorgan 04-21-2012 02:34 AM

Thanks for all of your contributions over the years Gary. Hopefully the next 5 will be just as enjoyable.

blackcrossfire07 04-21-2012 08:52 AM

re: 5 years ago...

Congrats Gary. I am coming up on my 7 year anniversary. I plan on making my 30 year anniversary as well.

maxcichon 04-21-2012 10:08 AM

Well, we love you too, buddy!:p

JHM2K 04-21-2012 10:12 AM

Gary is the man, you won't find a nicer dude out there. Kim and I consider him to be a true friend.

One of her first memories of Gary was when we were at the 2010 Fall Dragon, and we were stopping for pizza -- I was trying to coast into the parking lot in 2nd gear without stopping, and then a car comes around the corner. I braked -- but didn't downshift -- and proceeded to turn into the lot after the car passed. As a result, I bucked and sputtered my way into the parking lot, nearly stalling and burping black smoke out the rear. Gary had this WTF look on his face that was simply priceless. :D

Uncle_Al 04-21-2012 12:47 PM

What? Only 5. Seems like you been here forever. Thanks for getting me hooked on the dragon.

Mimi05SRT6 04-21-2012 01:49 PM

Congrats Gary! It's been 4 years ago this month for me. :D

32krazy! 04-21-2012 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog (Post 668079)

high power car low power driver! and i dont drive into parking curbs, REPEATEDLY!!

Originally Posted by JHM2K (Post 668085)
Worse yet, they're invisible at car shows.

nobody tossing money into my engine for a peek! :p

GraphiteGhost 04-21-2012 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by VALKRYDERGUY (Post 668075)
Well...

Gary

Oh ya...look back at my One year ago today thread from 2008

:D Heya Valkryderguy, Happy 5th anniversary! Many more to come and hope she looks as good after 30 as she looks now! :D

Osofast2 04-21-2012 05:26 PM

had mine going on 7 yrs in Sept of this yr, and can tell all it been one sweat ride and looking for 7 more , meeting people like Valk as been the best part of it all , you the man :p;)

FP 04-21-2012 08:32 PM

Congrats Valky. It seems like it was just yesterday you met up with me to head to Woodward...:D

Larry Hitze 04-21-2012 09:32 PM

Congrats Gary, 4 & 1\4 years for me.

pizzaguy 04-21-2012 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by SRQfun (Post 668078)

And you have the classic SSB Coupe, same as Gary. I don't care for SSB as a color, but I think of the SSB Coupes as "The Standard Bearer" of the Crossfire family.

I will have been a Crossfire Owner 3 years this July, and can HONESTLY say that I was never a "Car Guy" until the Red Roadster came along. And I owe it ALL to a chance meeting with Deb Walker who said, "Come on over, we can run around with my Crossfire friends". Sounded like a souped up Crossbow.

I told her that sounded fine, but I wasn't into archery. :rolleyes:

Two weeks liater, I was driving the Red Roadster home from Hayes Chrysler. Soon, the Graphite Dragon Slayer came home with me from Arizona.

Had I known I would be working for Kenwood by last fall, I'd still have two Crossfire Roadsters.

Gary you are a good friend and I want to say thanks to YOU for all you have done and still do for the Crossfire Community.

KimPossible 04-23-2012 07:23 PM

Gary - I am glad that you have received 5 years worth of perma-grin but you would have found that just driving around in the car. We all spend a lot of time at XF gatherings (most recently the Dragon) trying to figure out why most XF owners are so cool. I think the amazing friendships are the greatest thing that comes out of buying these cars. I am really glad to count you as a good friend. That will never change......