CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   New Xfire Owner and New to boards (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/56073-new-xfire-owner-new-boards.html)

Evoryan 05-12-2012 03:19 PM

New Xfire Owner and New to boards

Hello Everyone,

Name is Ryan and i just purchased a used 06 N/a Limited.

My DD 86Tbird Turbo took a **** finally and i wanted something fun to drive to work that possibly turned some heads in a slightly different way ha.

Well any ways Traded in my bike and some cash and picked up my new baby a few days ago.
And much like everything else ive owned i cant wait to take it apart in hopes to make it go faster =)

Other cars i have owned

2003 Harley 883 Hugger Sold
1986 Ford T-Bird 2.3T Sold
2003 Mits Evo 8 GSR (12.50 @ 110 ) mild bolt ons ) Sold
2006 Mits Evo 9 RS (12.00 @ 117 ) Too much to name ) Current Money pit

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/6035/img0061ag.jpg

Glad to be here !:cool:

user 72983 05-12-2012 03:54 PM

Re: New Xfire Owner and New to boards

welcome to the forum! congrats!

Southernscrew 05-12-2012 05:46 PM

Hi ,
Welcome to the forums. Now that you have a real car. Ha :D

rayth 05-12-2012 06:35 PM

i wouldnt mind owning an Evo as a winter car myself lol welcome to the forums

deltacrossfirebob 05-12-2012 07:14 PM

welcome aboard
this is a great site.
lots of info from a good bunch(?) of guys/gals.
have fun with your new toy.
i love mine.

ala_xfire 05-12-2012 08:03 PM

Welcome aboard - really nice picture.

Where are you located ?

Evoryan 05-13-2012 11:40 AM

Thanks, I am located on the west side of Cincinnati Ohio.

So besides the $300 rear tires whats the first thing i should do to this thing. She sure does have alot of cats and seems quiet *shifty eyes*

ala_xfire 05-13-2012 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Evoryan (Post 672198)
Thanks, I am located on the west side of Cincinnati Ohio.

So besides the $300 rear tires whats the first thing i should do to this thing. She sure does have alot of cats and seems quiet *shifty eyes*

lots of threads on here about "what do I do first"

Needswings has the cat-back Magnaflow on sale at $499 now - it is quite a bit louder than stock.

Major improvements :
1. Single CAI ( Cold Air Induction ), also at Needswings.
2. SprintBooster - makes you think you have more power.
3. EuroTune - makes you know you have more power.

lots and lots of other mods available on this forum.

oledoc2u 05-13-2012 02:19 PM

you need to hook up with James as he is on the southwest side of the Queen City..... He has done just about everything to his....great info source. I am sure he will join in on the welcome....

pizzaguy 05-13-2012 03:02 PM

Doc is right, hook up with James.

THEN, read my sigline! It is good to have a new PermaGrin Club Member on board! :cool:

(If some asshat in a Mercedes cap offers you any "Jungle Juice", just smile and nod - and keep walking.)

Pizzaguy
"EVORYAN" - oh, I get it! Was XFRYAN taken?

Evoryan 05-13-2012 06:11 PM

Yeah any help would be great... as far as a goal goes i would like to get it up to SRT stock power with just bolt ons No major power adders. Still trying to keep the whole get me to work everyday aspect.

Mildly interested in making as much stuff as i can... i have a hard time spending hundreds of dollars on "pipe" HA

Also whats up with this Eurotune stuff are they the only "tuner" for this type of ECU or is there just not any DIY type apps... Keep in mind i am use to Evoscan and Ecuflash for the Evo stuff.

bluecoupe 05-13-2012 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Evoryan (Post 672262)
... as far as a goal goes i would like to get it up to SRT stock power with just bolt ons No major power adders.

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Evoryan 05-13-2012 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe (Post 672263)
Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

So your saying i need luck with adding 100hp to a car ... ? I did about 5 mins of research and it looks like for fairly cheap you can have a 260ish HP n/a xfire. im sure there is more power to be found... especially when "tuners" are barley into the 11's with your SRT cars. Someone is missing something Sir.

bluecoupe 05-13-2012 06:55 PM

keep reading...............be sure to post your results :p

onehundred80 05-13-2012 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Evoryan (Post 672265)
So your saying i need luck with adding 100hp to a car ... ? I did about 5 mins of research and it looks like for fairly cheap you can have a 260ish HP n/a xfire. im sure there is more power to be found... especially when "tuners" are barley into the 11's with your SRT cars. Someone is missing something Sir.

Something is indeed missing and that would be your research on this matter.

With tuners barley into the 11's you will have to wheat for better times. My humor may be a bit rye but I try not to be too corny.;)

bluecoupe 05-13-2012 07:18 PM

LMFAO........Best post of the day Dave!

Mrmiata 05-13-2012 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Evoryan (Post 672262)
Yeah any help would be great... as far as a goal goes i would like to get it up to SRT stock power with just bolt ons No major power adders. Still trying to keep the whole get me to work everyday aspect.

Mildly interested in making as much stuff as i can... i have a hard time spending hundreds of dollars on "pipe" HA

Also whats up with this Eurotune stuff are they the only "tuner" for this type of ECU or is there just not any DIY type apps... Keep in mind i am use to Evoscan and Ecuflash for the Evo stuff.

You have much to learn Grasshopper.. Turbo mod is the Great White Hope of the NA world..

But if your up to the challange.. slap one on of your own likeing (there are sites for diy kits) and let us know how that tuning works out for you.. Would love to hear your adventures of teaching the NA to see boost..:p

user 72983 05-13-2012 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata (Post 672287)
You have much to learn Grasshopper.. Turbo mod is the Great White Hope of the NA world..

But if your up to the challange.. slap one on of your own likeing (there are sites for diyi kits) and let us know how that tuning works out for you.. Would love to hear your adventures of teaching the NA to see boost..:p

I have learned, drive it for what it is. XF NA

It still is way FUN to drive!

Mrmiata 05-13-2012 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Rockbasses (Post 672288)
I have learned, drive it for what it is. XF NA

It still is way FUN to drive!

Exactly.. break neck speed was not the deciding factor for my purchase.. but I'm not going to turn down nearly 100 hp increase when the turbo kits become available either.. LOL.

Evoryan 05-13-2012 09:41 PM

Well im going to look into it i just dont understand the lack of aftermarket for this car.