CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   What should I do as a preventive repair? 2004 with 40k (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/56485-what-should-i-do-preventive-repair-2004-40k.html)

maxime75us 06-09-2012 02:18 AM

What should I do as a preventive repair? 2004 with 40k

Hi All,

I like to do preventive repairs...
I have a 2004 and 40k on it

Should I replace the belt?
struts?
Engine mounts
Brake, pads?
Fuel filter i am sure as i am sure it has not been done..
what else... Battery... surely, which one?

Tires are new...
Thanks a lot for your time...

maxime75us 06-09-2012 02:20 AM

Re: What should I do as a preventive repair? 2004 with 40k

any idea where to get the koni for a really good price??

Thanks

boobles37 06-09-2012 06:36 AM

Why replace things that don't need replacing? Replacing all them parts will cost a fortune & unecassary unless they need replacing.

ala_xfire 06-09-2012 07:28 AM

Should I replace the belt? - for $29, not a bad idea, then you will have a spare.
struts? - not unless the handling is really sloppy.
Engine mounts - only if they are broken - also look up thread about repairing them
Brake, pads? - only if almost worn out.
Fuel filter i am sure as i am sure it has not been done.. - I did mine, but then I am anal .....
what else... Battery... surely, which one? - I like the Deka 648MF from East Penn

1. steering stabalizer
2. cooling flush with Zerex G05 + distilled water 50/50
3 brake fluid flush
4 auto transmission fluid & filter
5 oil with Mobil1 0-40 and Mann fleece filter
6 check the Relay Control Module for "Mystery no start"
7 K&N air filters
8 cabin air filter

If I missed something, ya'll are welcome to add / correct.

GrantB 06-09-2012 08:07 AM

I agree with BOOBLES....
If it ant busted, dont fix it....
These machanes have a proven Mercedes pedigree.... and will roll for 200,000 miles......
Sounds like a $1,600 list of preventions.... so maybe put 1,000 in a kitty and spend 600 on some luxuries ie HID lamp sets, performance RED STUFF brake pads, upgrade the dash or gear knob if that takes your fancy....
Having a contingency fund is a good thing......
The struts could run for 30,000 more miles.... the belt and fuel filter is a good idea any way, as is the top quality recomended oils and lubricants....
Change your engine air filters for K & N parts, change the pollen filter and get her a nice treat of some good polishing wax.....

As for preventative..... maybe get some steering joints and track rod ends if you must, and it will guarantee your tracking and keeps the tyres intact....
Some good Bosche wipers is a must too....

Other than that, just drive her, love her and like a good woman.... she will take good care of you too....

Enjoy.

QUOTE=boobles35;677550]Why replace things that don't need replacing? Replacing all them parts will cost a fortune & unecassary unless they need replacing.[/QUOTE]