CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Muffler delete scheduled for tomorrow! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/56541-muffler-delete-scheduled-tomorrow.html)

FrankCastle8877 06-12-2012 06:56 PM

Muffler delete scheduled for tomorrow!

After waiting about a week for the tips to come in that my local shop ordered for me, tomorrow I get to hear the car without the muffler.. I'm also debating on getting rid of the rear cats too but I'm pretty undecided.

waldig 06-12-2012 07:12 PM

Re: Muffler delete scheduled for tomorrow!

I enjoyed doing both, Woody;)

Squirrel Crusher 06-12-2012 07:16 PM

If you hurry,You have just enough time tonight to run by WalMart to purchase cheap ear plugs..Squirrel Crusher

Mrmiata 06-12-2012 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher (Post 678182)
If you hurry,You have just enough time tonight to run by WalMart to purchase cheap ear plugs..Squirrel Crusher

Lets get real..

I live in the boonies

and there is a 24 hour Walmart 20 minutes away! :p

FrankCastle8877 06-12-2012 07:52 PM

It's not an srt6.. but hoping for a little more throat to it when you get on it.. I just recently got back from adghanistan so now I'm just enjoying some time spent with the car and playing with it.. do the cats do much for keeping it a little on the quiet side? or would it be the same regaurdless?

amx1397 06-12-2012 08:00 PM

Before my V-8 install, first I removed the rear cats, louder but not much, then I removed the resonator, louder, then I put the resonator back on and remove the muffler, all with the rear cats still remove. Then of course we install the V-8, the resonator and the muffler went back on the car but there are, when I stop for a red light at quiet, when the light turned green and I leave, everyone turns her head and looks to see what the hell was that. Good luck Jim

FrankCastle8877 06-12-2012 08:15 PM

mine is a limited.. what was yours before the v8? (very nice swap by the way!) .. when the car is on the lift I have no resonators.. so I assume that is for the srt6.. unless someone has modified my exhaust before purchase..

amx1397 06-12-2012 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by FrankCastle8877 (Post 678204)
mine is a limited.. what was yours before the v8? (very nice swap by the way!) .. when the car is on the lift I have no resonators.. so I assume that is for the srt6.. unless someone has modified my exhaust before purchase..

srt 6 had it 4 years,,,then the V8, one year ago next month, this last year was the best ride of all the 5 years. I do have cutouts so when i want loud i just push a button jim

SpeakEasy 06-12-2012 08:31 PM

Muffler delete was the best thing I've done so far haha sounds soo much better. It's loud but could stand to be louder still ;)

FrankCastle8877 06-12-2012 08:31 PM

sounds good.. I guess I will go through with it tomorrow.. allthough somehow it seems like a first date (nirvious) .. I hope she isn't completely obnoxious after.. I can take vids if anyone is interested.. or pics.. just let me know.. I know it's not an srt6 but it's still my pride and joy.. lol..

FrankCastle8877 06-13-2012 12:19 PM

So I just got back from the shop and the muffler is gone, new tips installed, and WOW... it sounds completely gorgeous. This is the first modification done to the car and with the results, I’m certain there will be plenty more..!

maxcichon 06-13-2012 12:50 PM

And, you live where?

FrankCastle8877 06-13-2012 01:21 PM

Southern Ohio... no smog checks or anything.. only have to worry about getting a ticket for it being loud I guess..

SparkieSRT6 06-13-2012 01:40 PM

Sound clip.....or it never happened !! :)

Semlinger 06-13-2012 02:02 PM

I have seen pictures of the Crossfire limited (N/A) muffler and I own and SRT 6. The mufflers are different. Plus the SRT 6 has a resonator on the driver side in front of the rear axel. You can insert a broom stick 14 inches into the SRT muffler (from the lower side of the oblong tip) before you hit any baffles from either tip. The SRT muffler has one pipe coming in from the resonator and two going out to the oblong tips. The standard crossfire has two pipes routed from chamber to chamber in the back of the muffler. I think an SRT muffler (with out a resonator) would work well on a standard crossfire.

FrankCastle8877 06-13-2012 06:07 PM

you guy's can have a listen and let me know what you think.

05 Crossfire limited without muffler. - YouTube

Squirrel Crusher 06-13-2012 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Semlinger (Post 678340)
I have seen pictures of the Crossfire limited (N/A) muffler and I own and SRT 6. The mufflers are different. Plus the SRT 6 has a resonator on the driver side in front of the rear axel. You can insert a broom stick 14 inches into the SRT muffler (from the lower side of the oblong tip) before you hit any baffles from either tip. The SRT muffler has one pipe coming in from the resonator and two going out to the oblong tips. The standard crossfire has two pipes routed from chamber to chamber in the back of the muffler. I think an SRT muffler (with out a resonator) would work well on a standard crossfire.

I have a good condition SRT-6 muffler with good factory tips for $40.00 plus shipping. It's a heavy muffler to ship. Squirrel Crusher

oledoc2u 06-13-2012 06:40 PM

thanks for your service kid....and I do like the sound.....

SpeakEasy 06-13-2012 06:59 PM

Glad your happy with it, such a familiar sound ;)

FrankCastle8877 06-13-2012 07:11 PM

I completely love it..