CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   TTTTToast (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/5770-tttttoast.html)

FlameproofTT 08-24-2004 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by MEXICANCROSSFIRE
In fact, our cars will smoke a 225HP TT.

At least that's what a Road & Track comparo test revealed.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...2003163657.pdf

How do you figure that an equal 0-60 time means a Crossfire will smoke a TT? I clocked mine at 6.5 to 60 when stock and 5.7 as it stands right now.

eversoTTrevolutionso 08-24-2004 05:42 PM

LOL.

i've raced a couple Crossfires when i was stock and it was all jokes... after getting chipped, i don't even consider a Crossfire competition....sorry, but that's the truth. the SRT...well, that's another story.

this "flameproofTT challenge" exists for Chicago as well. anytime.

thanks for playing :D

x'ed 08-24-2004 06:18 PM

uh oh, i think these are our very first trolls. if you just follow the road and track link so kindly provided above you will see that your only advantage come from the dig, where you have a .3 advantage and that our car is both faster to 80 and 100. and then, holy s*#t, lets not even begin to look at the handeling or braking numbers. and as for chipping a tt 225, im sure you know that your getting pretty much tapped out on your tiny turbo by what, 240, our chip gives us what, 233, and we weigh, ohh, over 200lbs. less (your guys lil coupe needs to go on a diet by the way), so im callin bs.

if i lived anywhere near you two i would love to dance with your cars. i hope someone else will represent us. BTW my old roomate has a 2.7 bi turbo s4 and his lil bro had a 1.8gti, of which all chip packages put it at about the same power as the tt, because again your turbo is nearly tapped itself. your engine is awesome though, i came real close to getting a gti to go stage III with from APR, but alas i chose handles and speed. not to say your car doesnt have great potential, but just like our car it cost mucho money, and you still have an ancient suspension. so don't come up our forum, ever again, and say our car is a joke, because even though we'll be laughing, it will be at you, cuz i just pulled out willy and slapped you.
So sorry- you lose phatties.
p.s., i do like your cars though, definately good competition, you have cool stitching on your seats too.

David Burns 08-24-2004 06:25 PM

FORUM MODERATOR:
Please close this thread. If people want to battle it out about TT's, they should take it to the "Other Cars" section. This thread is just going to degerenate into another pixxing contest.

x'ed 08-24-2004 06:29 PM

ahh man whats there's nothing wrong with car battles, this is just one little thread, why move it. its not about the tt, its about the crossfire and perhaps its main competitor.

eversoTTrevolutionso 08-24-2004 06:31 PM

/

Originally Posted by x'ed
uh oh, i think these are our very first trolls. if you just follow the road and track link so kindly provided above you will see that your only advantage come from the dig, where you have a .3 advantage and that our car is both faster to 80 and 100. and then, holy s*#t, lets not even begin to look at the handeling or braking numbers. and as for chipping a tt 225, im sure you know that your getting pretty much tapped out on your tiny turbo by what, 240, our chip gives us what, 233, and we weigh, ohh, over 200lbs. less (your guys lil coupe needs to go on a diet by the way), so im callin bs.

if i lived anywhere near you two i would love to dance with your cars. i hope someone else will represent us. BTW my old roomate has a 2.7 bi turbo s4 and his lil bro had a 1.8gti, of which all chip packages put it at about the same power as the tt, because again your turbo is nearly tapped itself. your engine is awesome though, i came real close to getting a gti to go stage III with from APR, but alas i chose handles and speed. not to say your car doesnt have great potential, but just like our car it cost mucho money, and you still have an ancient suspension. so don't come up our forum, ever again, and say our car is a joke, because even though we'll be laughing, it will be at you, cuz i just pulled out willy and slapped you.
So sorry- you lose phatties.
p.s., i do like your cars though, definately good competition, you have cool stitching on your seats too.

your facts aren't correct at all.

a simple $500 ECU reprogramming/chip takes a 225 HP TT to 260+HP. a few hundred dollars more and you're near 280 HP. so you've been done and dusted in that respect. a 180 TT goes to 240 HP, maybe that's what you're thinking of. just to remind you...this is without even touching the turbo system.

Crossfire is not competition, never has been, never will be. and as for the "laughter"...well, i'll just say that we've been laughing at the Crossfire since it's introduction :D

TT3.2 08-24-2004 06:48 PM

i guess you couldnt afford an SLK..OR AN AUDI ..

please keep your posts on a positive..

Beave 08-24-2004 07:19 PM

Another Kill!!!!!!!!!!

I blew the doors off an Elantra today in my Fast Crossfire!!

He didn't even know what hit him. My car is so very fast.

x'ed 08-24-2004 07:31 PM

http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/ecu_upgrade_tt.html

guess i thought id just show some evidence from the most respected chip manufacturer in the audi/vw/porche world. granted, i too was off, but not to the astronomical level you were (280 hp!), and notice how close the torque would be chipped, both cars, then, again, factor in our 200 pound weight advantage. old saying, for every 100 lbs. of car + or - .1 seconds from quarter mile times.
i dont know if thats a direct link, so just copy and paste if not. :evil: [/url]

Beave 08-24-2004 07:32 PM

[quote="eversoTTrevolutionso"]/

Crossfire is not competition, never has been, never will be. and as for the "laughter"...well, i'll just say that we've been laughing at the Crossfire since it's introduction :D

Someone told me my Crossfire looked like it was pooping. I got mad.

x'ed 08-24-2004 07:35 PM

you know that same guy totally ripped apart the new c6 on his show. i think you could say they dont have the most respect for 'merican cars.

eversoTTrevolutionso 08-24-2004 07:36 PM

http://www.goapr.com/Audi/products/ecu_upgrade_tt.html

guess i thought id just show some evidence from the most respected chip manufacturer in the audi/vw/porche world. granted, i too was off, but not to the astronomical level you were (280 hp!), and notice how close the torque would be chipped, both cars, then, again, factor in our 200 pound weight advantage. old saying, for every 100 lbs. of car + or - .1 seconds from quarter mile times.
i dont know if thats a direct link, so just copy and paste if not. :evil: [/url]

did you read my post? i said 260HP+ for an ECU Reprogramming. I said 280 if other mods (exhaust, airbox) are added. 280 is not astronomical....there are ALOT of TTs rolling around in that range...easily.

from APR:

263hp/267lb-ft 2001 225hp

x'ed 08-24-2004 07:41 PM

and even aside from the mods, you said your stock races against crossfires were jokes, how do you support that given the hp numbers, magazine numbers, weight numbers etc. how much was your car? how much is ours? handeling and braking better than most high performance sport cars? is that us or you? but you laugh at crossfires.
again, like i said i have respect for the tt, lots of it, just don't overstate its ability to outperform the crossfire. man i feel like runnin over to audiworld and trolling now.

x'ed 08-24-2004 07:44 PM

im from cali, so not 263 here. but my mistake, i did not notice you said other mods for 280. even at 280 though, i think an equally modded crossfire will be right with it, assuming such when the mods for our cars actually come out, if ever, it is still new to the market.

eversoTTrevolutionso 08-24-2004 07:54 PM

and even aside from the mods, you said your stock races against crossfires were jokes, how do you support that given the hp numbers, magazine numbers, weight numbers etc. how much was your car? how much is ours? handeling and braking better than most high performance sport cars? is that us or you? but you laugh at crossfires.
again, like i said i have respect for the tt, lots of it, just don't overstate its ability to outperform the crossfire. man i feel like runnin over to audiworld and trolling now.

back to stock form then. i have NEVER seen 6.7 second numbers on a TT 225 Coupe like that Road and Track article said. The general consensus over many many articles is between 6.1 and 6.4 seconds. The Crossfire on the other hand can be viewed in various articles as 6.5 to 7.2s. we have an AWD turbo launch.

when i was stock, i took on 2 Crossfires (as i stated earlier) and it wasn't as close as you expect. Others have said the same thing....you can compare weight and power all you want, but the torque band, gearing, transmission, clutch, etc..all play a big part....as for braking and handling, the TT can take the twisties very very well. in stock or modded. it's not all about skidpad Gs yknow. Quattro makes for ultra grippy corners and total control.

if you guys start getting mods, then maybe this could change...however that MB engine isn't really a very tunable engine, but i'm sure it's possible.

i'm not trolling, i'm just settling the BS of the original post.

x'ed 08-24-2004 08:00 PM

you guys should see what they say about our car over at audiworld. "there's nothing in the tt's class". pretty funny stuff, maybe the most arrogant forum i have ever seen. funny stuff. they also think that the srt6 is over 50k, even though its pretty close the price of that new 3.2l tt and the 225 tt is priced at 39k. funny stuff. can you smell me abou to us the old, "my car was only 28k, yours is almost 40, for that disparity in price i could go ihi or kleeman and destroy your audi, still have better braking, better handeling, better looks and and and" im already over it though.

x'ed 08-24-2004 08:06 PM

well i would assume that if the audi was running slower in that comparo, being a car they have more experience with, wouldn't the crossfire possibly be running slower too?
http://www.car-stats.com/stats/shows...tsgivenid.aspx

6.4 yes, but look at that qm time.

eversoTTrevolutionso 08-24-2004 08:16 PM

it's a case of an american magazine bumping the crossfire up. UK magazines have all tested the Crossfire at about 7 seconds or up.

i have never seen a 225 TT be tested at more than 6.5s 0-60 times. The lowest i've seen is 5.9 and the highest i've seen is 6.7 (in this Road & Track article)

Bullseye 08-24-2004 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by eversoTTrevolutionso
it's a case of an american <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=magazine&v=56">magazine</a> bumping the crossfire up. UK <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=magazines&v=56">magazines</a> have all tested the Crossfire at about 7 seconds or up.

i have never seen a 225 TT be tested at more than 6.5s 0-60 times. The lowest i've seen is 5.9 and the highest i've seen is 6.7 (in this Road & Track article)

This is funny as hell. Kinda reminds me of a civic forum. Oh ya well my stock ex runs high 8's better than the focus low 9's. Sorry to say i consider the TT and the crossfire slow. But I like both of them. If i could have gotten the TT for 300 a mo like i did my crossfire i would have but the TT doesnt warrant twice the payment. When I was in my mach 1 i considered TT's a joke. It's all where u come from. And the 260hp chip theory is correct GIAC boast hp to 260 with just a chip and put my LIL Ol' Gti in crazy lt1 eatin territory. They are both nice cars but lets get real niether one of them is fast. Heck my 91 SHO plus can run 14's its a domestic "kinda" and is over a decade old. Trust me the sho feels as fast as my XF. I kinda wish i found this sho before i bought the XF :lol: But i still like the crossfire. Just mad no mods available. ANd for that chicago TT guy anytime.

eversoTTrevolutionso 08-24-2004 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bullseye
. ANd for that chicago TT guy anytime.

i'm the chicago guy. let's go :D