CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   collector car. (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/60027-collector-car.html)

arado 02-07-2013 11:31 AM

collector car.

I was informed today that my Crossfire Srt6 is eligible for Ohio collector car plates. I pursued this for information only. . Gary:cool:

xfireon20z 02-07-2013 12:46 PM

Re: collector car.

Originally Posted by arado (Post 723033)
I was informed today that my Crossfire Srt6 is eligible for Ohio collector car plates. I pursued this for information only. I am a collector. Gary:cool:

congratulations i have a radio in my car...:)

arado 02-07-2013 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by xfireon20z (Post 723044)
congratulations i have a radio in my car...:)

You have an advantage. My MG's still dont have one. But they have Historical plates paid for life.

onehundred80 02-07-2013 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by arado (Post 723090)
You have an advantage. My MG's still dont have one. But they have Historical plates paid for life.

You're one of a kind, so maybe the plates for you and not the car.;)

+fireamx 02-07-2013 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by arado (Post 723033)
I was informed today that my Crossfire Srt6 is eligible for Ohio collector car plates. I pursued this for information only. . Gary:cool:

Gary I've been paying for "Personalized" license plates since 1970, so I've spent 1000's of dollars on plates for my cars over the years, but I've never looked into "Historical" plates for any of my cars because I thought that severely limited the time you were legally allowed to drive them.
I know you have so many cars and cycles that it probably doesn't have any effect on you,lol But could you elaborate on just what the restrictions are, and how our cars qualify?
Thanks

arado 02-07-2013 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx (Post 723103)
Gary I've been paying for "Personalized" license plates since 1970, so I've spent 1000's of dollars on plates for my cars over the years, but I've never looked into "Historical" plates for any of my cars because I thought that severely limited the time you were legally allowed to drive them.
I know you have so many cars and cycles that it probably doesn't have any effect on you,lol But could you elaborate on just what the restrictions are, and how our cars qualify?
Thanks

our Crossfires qualify for collector plates due to the very low number made. my inquiry was the first on the crossfire the BMV of Ohio received. There is no cost advantage with the plate. The historical plates are issued only to vehicles 25 years old. The vehicle is not to be used for daily driving. Car shows, club events and test drives. which is what I do. I am not going to buy collector plates for my crossfires.

+fireamx 02-07-2013 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by arado (Post 723110)
our Crossfires qualify for collector plates due to the very low number made. my inquiry was the first on the crossfire the BMV of Ohio received. There is no cost advantage with the plate. The historical plates are issued only to vehicles 25 years old. The vehicle is not to be used for daily driving. Car shows, club events and test drives. which is what I do. I am not going to buy collector plates for my crossfires.

Oh, OK Gary, I get it. You were just asking them about the SRT's. (Sorry I includied all those other "mass produced" Crossfires in my question).:D

arado 02-07-2013 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx (Post 723114)
Oh, OK Gary, I get it. You were just asking them about the SRT's. (Sorry I includied all those other "mass produced" Crossfires in my question).:D

Yup, mass produced to the finest quality. We are fortunate to have them.

The Beep 02-08-2013 01:09 AM

I was considering personalized plates. There's some really cool ones available, but 5-6 hundered bucks for 3yrs??? It's hard to justify the expense.
Isn't it?

Isn't it???

xfireon20z 02-08-2013 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by The Beep (Post 723139)
I was considering personalized plates. There's some really cool ones available, but 5-6 hundered bucks for 3yrs??? It's hard to justify the expense.
Isn't it?

Isn't it???

just get a personalized euro plate or german plate ;)