CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   New Stereo Upgrade... FINALLY! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/62036-new-stereo-upgrade-finally.html)

Gpeterson119 06-30-2013 11:14 PM

New Stereo Upgrade... FINALLY!

9 Attachment(s)
It has been a long time coming, it has cost me a lot of money and taken about 4 months (from start to actually finishing), but I finally have my new stereo!

I did it all through "car audio heaven" which was pretty much a pain in the ***, especially when it came to painting. These guys had no idea how to paint, and it took a lot of effort on my part and "bitching" to get them to send my dash pieces to someone who actually knew how to paint.
All the custom fabrication on the dash is done by car audio heaven and the custom made amp box and sub box in the trunk are made by them.
It is a complete one off that I think turned out pretty well.
Total cost was $3,350 for parts and labor, plus probably another 100 bucks in incidentals I bought myself along the way.
Parts:
Kenwood DDX470 6.1" double din w/ AUX cord and USB
ESK165.4 Hertz Energy series 6.5" mid range and .75" tweet
T6004 Rockford Fosgate Power series Amp
ES300.4 Hertz 12" subwoofer.

I also installed lights in the doors that illuminate the mid range cones and change colors to the music. Its pretty cool, kind of a gimmick, but it only cost me 130 bucks in total for parts and install on that and I can turn them on and off. I personally like it, but I rarely have them on as they become kind of a distraction when driving :D

The dash is painted a satin black with a gloss coating. I REALLY like the dash color, because like I said, it is black, but it has these purple sparkles mixed into the paint that ONLY show when the sun hits it directly. I think it is a really cool added touch to the whole job that really makes it unique; and it kind of matches the purplish hue that the grey dash has already.

I hope you guys appreciate it as much as I do!

STEPHENJXN 06-30-2013 11:39 PM

Re: New Stereo Upgrade... FINALLY!

im excited for you! Looks good

Gpeterson119 07-01-2013 01:10 AM

Thanks! long process, starting all the way back when MikefromOrangeCounty sold me his stock exhaust for 100 bucks, I didn't want a flowmaster muffler if I was putting in a good sounding audio system! Thanks Mike!

2ndtonone 07-01-2013 10:40 AM

any before pics of the box interested in that build

Gpeterson119 07-01-2013 12:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 2ndtonone (Post 746757)
any before pics of the box interested in that build

I asked for them to take pictures as they were working.. this is what I have. Unfortunatly only two of them are of the box being built, one is of the dash being fabricated, 2 are of the door speaker installations, and LED light installations... I hope it helps!

Ed Mahoney 07-01-2013 01:40 PM

wow thats a lot ofcoin for music !!!! great looking thou !!!

Gpeterson119 07-01-2013 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Mahoney (Post 746790)
wow thats a lot ofcoin for music !!!! great looking thou !!!

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! Yeah It really is a lot of money, but my car just hit 40k miles and it has a lot more life in it, so I figured if I am going to do something for sound, I should make it count, because I will be driving this car for another 200k miles. Plus I really like music, and I thought I would enjoy this more than a set of wheels or a CAI.
Average sound system runs about 1500 to 2000 dollars just for parts, so I thought the extra thousand to have it professionally installed was worth it for my own piece of mind and minimize my own stress over the project. (I was pretty nevous to demolish my dashboard for a double din)

grip grip 07-01-2013 03:13 PM

Can you PM me or post up their email address? I might have them work their magic so I can run a double din.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...inally-569.jpg

rayth 07-01-2013 03:20 PM

congrats, looks pretty good

Gpeterson119 07-01-2013 05:44 PM

"Can you PM me or post up their email address? I might have them work their magic so I can run a double din. "

Sure, 1.619.444.2021 is their phone number, 1225 Broadway. El Cajon, CA, 92021 is their address.
El Cajon City – Classic Sounds is their website. They have 5 locations.

I am warning you though, working with them was far from stress free, they fought me over the paint and kept trying to charge me more for it (because they kept messing it up) Once they realized they werent going to get it right, they sent it to a real custom paint shop and tried to charge me for the external charges of the new painter. I had to stand my ground pretty hard. Other than the paint, they did everything else in house and did a really good job. Just have your wits about you as with any "custom shop."

2ndtonone 07-02-2013 11:04 PM

thanks, for the before box picks helps me out alot!!!!!!!!!!!

grip grip 07-05-2013 10:47 PM

I called them today to get pricing to modify my radio bezels. They gave me an estimate of $500. Not too bad, but thanks to your photos I should be able to pull it off locally. Thanks for the thread. :)