CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   New Wheels... (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/6452-new-wheels.html)

mightyjlr 10-21-2004 09:08 PM

New Wheels...

I just ordered a new set of wheels for my Crossfire:

http://www.ultracar.com/GFG%20wheel%...%20trento5.jpg

Here are the same wheels on a Gallardo (except these are painted to match the orange):

http://www.streetdreams.org/photo/da...G_TRENTO_5.jpg

They'll take about 4-6 weeks to be made, so I'll get them smack dab in the middle of winter unfortunately. Should make my car look awesome:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...MG_512-med.JPG

MI Roadster 10-21-2004 09:42 PM

Re: New Wheels...

Yea, I think they will too, and they already match your car!
Make sure you post an after picture!

Dank 10-22-2004 02:21 AM

Those wheels will look amazing on the car. Cant wait to see pics of it.

english_bob 10-22-2004 02:33 AM

Look good. Can't wait to see a picture. Few questions though:

Are you sticking with the 18/19 split, or will the new wheels be the same diameter?

How do they compare in weight to the stock rims?

Are they easier to clean? It looks like you can get your hand in to the back more easily.

Lastly, how much did you pay?

AerialChilli 10-22-2004 02:36 AM

They look hot! Can't wait to see the pics once they're on!

x'ed 10-22-2004 06:52 AM

me too, you already have my favorite xfire on the forums, lowered, dark tint, chrome thingies painted, and black like mine. love it.

MARK_UK 10-22-2004 09:11 AM

They might make it look like less of a base model now

mightyjlr 10-22-2004 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by english_bob
Look good. Can't wait to see a picture. Few questions though:

Are you sticking with the 18/19 split, or will the new wheels be the same diameter?

How do they compare in weight to the stock rims?

Are they easier to clean? It looks like you can get your hand in to the back more easily.

Lastly, how much did you pay?

Actually the rears will be 20x9 and the fronts will be 19x8. I have no idea how they compare with the stock rims, but I think they'll be around the same, possibly lighter. I paid around $3300, but that's without tires.

mightyjlr 10-22-2004 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by x'ed
me too, you already have my favorite xfire on the forums, lowered, dark tint, chrome thingies painted, and black like mine. love it.

Thank's a lot!

Heb80 10-22-2004 12:09 PM

Those wheels should look pretty good on your xfire... just remember, it still won't make it a lamborghini though.

I don't know if I could justify spending $800 for a wheel. Once tires are mounted you'll have over $1000 sitting at each corner of your car... hope you have some good wheel locks.

MI Roadster 10-22-2004 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Heb80
Once tires are mounted you'll have over $1000 sitting at each corner of your car... hope you have some good wheel locks.

Good point!

NJspeed69 10-22-2004 09:09 PM

Yo Mighty those wheels are off the friggin hook!! So you live in South Orange?? Bro I'm in Hoboken.. My girlfriend lives by you.. Union.. We should set up a NJ crossfire meetup.

Dan Root 10-22-2004 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by mightyjlr
Actually the rears will be 20x9 and the fronts will be 19x8. I have no idea how they compare with the stock rims, but I think they'll be around the same, possibly lighter. I paid around $3300, but that's without tires.

I think I would have spent the $4k+ on a newer XF or towards a SRT .Just my opinion.

since you already have almost 30k miles on it .

mightyjlr 10-22-2004 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dan Root
I think I would have spent the $4k+ on a newer XF or towards a SRT .Just my opinion.

since you already have almost 30k miles on it .

I'm buying the Crossfire once the lease is up, and once the warranty is up, it's going to RENNtech or STARTECH for some upgrades...

Dan Root 10-22-2004 09:29 PM

That's another waste of Good $ because only Stock cars are worth anything .And since the AMG is stock why not really invest in that car .

Oh please don't say you get it for 1/2 price or less or nothing.That would not change my opinion of after market value vs the stock AMG value.

mightyjlr 10-22-2004 09:43 PM

That's another waste of Good $ because only Stock cars are worth anything .And since the AMG is stock why not really invest in that car .

Oh please don't say you get it for 1/2 price or less or nothing.That would not change my opinion of after market value vs the stock AMG value.

Dan,
Cars aren't good investments in the first place. That's why I invest in real-estate and the stock-market. This is the first car I've paid for on my own, so I plan on keeping it for a while...

Dan Root 10-23-2004 01:01 AM

Good for you,it must be easy money if you throw it at those type of mods that will not return much of $$s spent. I think you should stay with the Real estate is much better than stocks ,or XF mods.

But that's just my opinion and it's not worth anything to people that can't hear the truth !

As for your " cars are not a good investments in the first place." Have you seen the price of a ok 67 Camaro lately or Charger 440,or 65 mustang,300SL 55,or 55porsche speedster,66 chevelle big Block convert matching #s 67 Vette etc. etc.

I'm sorry I've been into cars longer than oh (you've been BREATHING.)Any questions ?

mightyjlr 10-23-2004 01:31 AM

Good for you,it must be easy money if you throw it at those type of mods that will not return much of $$s spent. I think you should stay with the Real estate is much better than stocks ,or XF mods.

But that's just my opinion and it's not worth anything to people that can't hear the truth !

As for your " cars are not a good investments in the first place." Have you seen the price of a ok 67 Camaro lately or Charger 440,or 65 mustang,300SL 55,or 55porsche speedster,66 chevelle big Block convert matching #s 67 Vette etc. etc.

I'm sorry I've been into cars longer than oh (you've been BREATHING.)Any questions ?

Dan,
I know spending it on these mods won't return much money in the long run. They will make my car look better, which is why I'm spending the money. It will enhance my enjoyment of the car, which is the point. As for cars not being good investments... I'll invest $30k in the market and you invest $30k in a new Crossfire and use it as your daily driver. 15 years from now, we'll see which was the better investment. Sure a car can be worth more 30-40 years after it was made. There's not really any doubt the Crossfire will be a classic, but to hold on to a car for that long as your investment plan isn't really a smart move. As for the easy money comment, I don't believe there's such a thing as easy money outside of winning the lottery (or the Fall Give-Away... ;) ). I am also aware you've been in to cars longer than I've been alive, but I don't really see what that has to do with this discussion.

DG 10-23-2004 02:19 AM

I don't think there is a need for all of the negativity. As long as it isn't hurting anyone, I'm pretty sure mightyjlr can do whatever he wishes with his money. Also, I'm sure he realizes that there are certain vehicles that do, in fact, go up in value as time goes on. I believe he was referring to purchasing a vehicle new.

Money isn't the only positive return for an investment. If he, or anyone for that matter, gets enjoyment from modifying a vehicle, I see that as a positive return. Not everything in life that we enjoy has to be sold at a later time to be deemed worthwhile.

The bottom line is that if he wants to put different wheels on his car, or have it modified by a tuning company, he can. I'm pretty sure that's one of the main reasons people belong to this forum. I certainly enjoy reading about and seeing what others have done to their cars, even if mine is leased and I don't plan anything big. And I appreciate what mightyjlr has done to make this discussion and sharing of ideas and information possible.

Dan Root 10-23-2004 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by DG
I don't think there is a need for all of the negativity. As long as it isn't hurting anyone, I'm pretty sure mightyjlr can do whatever he wishes with his money. Also, I'm sure he realizes that there are certain vehicles that do, in fact, go up in value as time goes on. I believe he was referring to purchasing a vehicle new.

Money isn't the only positive return for an investment. If he, or anyone for that matter, gets enjoyment from modifying a vehicle, I see that as a positive return. Not everything in life that we enjoy has to be sold at a later time to be deemed worthwhile.

The bottom line is that if he wants to put different wheels on his car, or have it modified by a tuning company, he can. I'm pretty sure that's one of the main reasons people belong to this forum. I certainly enjoy reading about and seeing what others have done to their cars, even if mine is leased and I don't plan anything big. And I appreciate what mightyjlr has done to make this discussion and sharing of ideas and information possible.

Ditto,

I was only really trying to show that spending alot on after market Mods like the supercharger that is almost $10k is not really in my opinion a smart idea when the #1 tuner in the world AMG is making it stock (SRT-6)That's all.

Why spend money on a used car when you can sell it and buy a new one and have what you want on it from the Factory !Then if you can't bear to not have the most Radical WHEELS on a XF then put them on the NEW 1.That would make more sense to me anyway.

themann42 10-23-2004 03:42 PM

i've never understood why people like making their nice cars look like they have donuts on, but i must say, those are sum nice donuts! hehe. i actually think that they will look really sweet. can't wait to see pics!

98intrigue 10-23-2004 04:36 PM

first, i think those wheels are going to look great on your car.
second, i dont see why people are ragging on you. like some people have said, it may not be a good investment money wise. but it may be a good investment personal satisfaction wise.
third, for the people that support the idea of the srt-6, what if mightyjlr wants to keep his 6speed? thats a big con about the amg...no manual transmission. some people will not drive a car that is not a manual. therefore, startech might be the only option for serious performance upgrades while keeping the 6speed.

Hobbymanbill 10-23-2004 04:49 PM

Dan, I know exactly what you mean, but I agree with mightyjlr. I think those wheels are awesome, and while I would rather have a supercharger, When I wear out the current set of tires, I may opt for some really cool wheels and some new shoes as well. After all, what separates us from the normal people is we want our cars to be different from the pack. For him its wheels and chassis stuff. Mighty keep us up on the mods, sounds like it ought to keep gettin faster. Bill

mightyjlr 10-23-2004 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by 98intrigue
third, for the people that support the idea of the srt-6, what if mightyjlr wants to keep his 6speed? thats a big con about the amg...no manual transmission. some people will not drive a car that is not a manual. therefore, startech might be the only option for serious performance upgrades while keeping the 6speed.

That is one of the reasons I will probably go with RENNtech. Plus, once my lease is up, and I buy the car, the cost of the RENNtech upgrades and how much I will need to pay to buy the car will be less than the cost of the SRT-6. Sure, I could get a trade-in or sell the car, but then I would have to redo many of the mods I've already done to the car. The RENNtech upgrades will be basically like getting a new engine, transmission and suspension. Then add in the fact that it will have almost 100 more hp than a SRT-6...

MI Roadster 10-24-2004 06:04 PM

And that's what makes the world go round!
Nothing wrong with keeping the economy going, no matter how one does it!

Dan Root 10-24-2004 06:59 PM

Yeah Vote Republican for more BODY Bags .Or democrat for steel studs instead of wood.

Dan Root 10-24-2004 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like these and they fit.$1200 retail.

REDCROSS 10-24-2004 07:25 PM

Mightyjlr-
The wheels will really set your XF off. I think you are putting on the Right Choice Wheel.
My wife has been after me to change. She likes chrome, I like black chrome (what I had on the Beetle).
I wonder what a RED set, like your black ones, would look like????

MI Roadster 10-24-2004 07:32 PM

Danny,
Sounds like you're having a bad day.
You should live in MI. I haven't seen the sun here in a week!

Dan Root 10-24-2004 07:35 PM

You might as well be under ground or a Democrat then.

MI Roadster 10-24-2004 07:37 PM

Neither, just been gloomy weather here lately.

Heb80 10-24-2004 08:46 PM

How does politics get into a discussion like this?

SJ Crossfire 10-25-2004 12:23 AM

Those wheels look Mighty good! I just had to say it, and it's true. Stock, mild or wild it's all good. I think those wheels will look great.

Don

mbepic 10-25-2004 09:09 AM

Yeah Vote Republican for more BODY Bags .Or democrat for steel studs instead of wood.

Yea, there's another thread for this discussion. Make sure you vote today and next week. Our future depends on it.

on fire 02-15-2005 05:33 PM

where are your new wheels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cyril Baldwin 02-16-2005 01:19 AM

By the way, which one comes first.......lowering your springs or changing your tires to 19's and 20's?

Modding is what makes your car more exciting and can keep you from thinking of replacing it because you get tired of it. It's like sex.....

spiitz 02-16-2005 01:37 AM

I think Dan Root has a root up his... and should not think so highly of his opinion. Cars are anything but investments and customization is in human nature. I would not buy a new car without puttin custom rims on it. He is just mad he has to worry about his money. I think he must be envious of mightyjlr.

Thought I would give you something worth whining about, have at it!

MoparAlleyCat 02-16-2005 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Copycat!!! ;) j/p Although I did actually look at those!

These are the ones I have on mine:

lscs58 02-16-2005 07:12 PM

what about 1970 CUDA HEMI RAG TOP OR MY FAV 1970 CHALLENGER HEMI RAG TOP
CUDA IS WORTH WELL OVER A MILLION$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
WHO SEZ CARS ARE A BAD INVESTMENT