CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Anyone ever encounter this? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/6455-anyone-ever-encounter.html)

OutOvTuch 10-22-2004 04:36 AM

Anyone ever encounter this?

About 10 p.m tonight while driving my Crossfire I heard one beep. I immediately looked at the instrument panel to see if I had any warning lights. After seeing nothing wrong my eyes turned to the odometer where the word "HI" replaced the numbers. It stayed on for about 10 15 seconds before going back to normal. I searched the book and couldn't find anything about this so I was curious if anyone else enountered this. I hope someone beside me went through this because I don't feel like driving a possessed Crossfire right before Halloween.

AerialChilli 10-22-2004 06:50 AM

Re: Anyone ever encounter this?

LSD & Cars don't mix!

mbepic 10-22-2004 07:51 AM

I'm sure the word HI was preceded with a Happy Face but that was before the beep. You probably didn't see that. I wouldn't be too concerned about that, it could have been a lot worse.

Tea Drinker 10-22-2004 08:32 AM

I wonder if it is related to the oil level readout

XfireAce 10-22-2004 10:40 AM

You need to get off that stuff man.

mightyjlr 10-22-2004 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tea Drinker
I wonder if it is related to the oil level readout

I think that might be what it is.

NJspeed69 10-22-2004 12:57 PM

Nah I doubt its the oil readout.

The xfire takes 8.5 quarts at an oil change.. I drained mine and put in about 8.33 qts.. Only I guess there was more than .17 left in there cuz my oil is high now.. I check the dipstick and its definately higher than it should be. But I dont feel like jacking her back up and trying to drain out a third quart of oil, and put the plug back in real fast. That would be impossible.

Anyway I've been driving like this for two months now and everythings been fine, no light on my odomoter replaces the numbers and says HI.. llloolll.. wouldn't it say "HIGH". Kinda stupid to just make it say "HI". Hello! Were you high?

OutOvTuch 10-23-2004 05:31 PM

I found out what the problem is. The beep came up again so this time I knew exactly where to look. I forgot to mention about a week ago I took the car to have an oil change at the dealership. The word "HI" on the odometer stands for oil is high. An oil symbol appears to the left on the odometer along with the word "HI". They put 9 quarts in her. I don't think many owners know this but you can check the oil level in the car from inside the car without even checking the dipstick under the hood.

mbepic 10-23-2004 05:38 PM

Too much oil can do some harm to motor.

How do you check oil level from inside the car other than the indicator if you have too much?

OutOvTuch 10-23-2004 07:47 PM

Check page 100 in the Crossfire Owners Manual.

MEXICANCROSSFIRE 10-24-2004 02:35 PM

I don't have the manual with me right now, can someone post the procedure?

Thanks

PEREZE333 10-25-2004 11:21 AM

I had this happen to me and it is because the oil level is too high. One dealership filled it 3 quarts too much and I ended up taking it to another for them to drain it.