Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

BAS ESP light combine with light indicator light equals no brake lights

Old 12-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAS ESP light combine with light indicator light equals no brake lights

As mentioned by other unfortunate crossfire owners with the same 'BAS ESP light combine with light indicator equals no break lights" problem, I too am struggling with this nuisance.

I replaced the switch behind the pedal but the problem remained. Out of two filaments in my taillight bulbs, only the lower intensity works. But the higher intensity works only when I hit the break pedal the first time I start the car. After that it dies!

Is there any other source connected to the tail lights?

Help is very much appreciated!

Old 12-09-2013, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: BAS ESP light combine with light indicator light equals no brake lights

Hi,
The problem is your headlight control switch. As you might know the headlight switch has a fuse panel connected to it(brake lights are fused there) , Wraped around the head light switch(under the plastic cover) is a printed circuit, soldered to the printed circuit are small clips that the fuses clip in to .The soldering has broken on some of the connections, that's why your brake lights don't work and the light outage indicator is on the BAS ESP light/fault is a by product of the main fault.

Good luck