Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Suggestion for carrying coffee

Old 11-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestion for carrying coffee

I wouldn't trust the cup holder generally, though it seems like it works better than I predicted with regular soda cans. (Still I would carry Sprite, otherwise you might accidentally knock over harder to clean up Coca Cola)

On the subject of coffee, like the sippable coffee mugs that a lot of people like me use, I found that if you open up the glove compartment, that the coffee mug (Mines an around 16 ounce Starbucks mug about 10 inches tall with a handle), that the mug fits in snuggly against the Manual I leave in the glove compartment, and that putting the handle on the outside of the glove compartment, gives it added stability. Haven't had any difficulties using the Glove compartment as a cup holder, in other words, with my coffee mug.

Mike

Old 11-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Thumbs up Re: Suggestion for carrying coffee

This is what I did.... I went to the local truck stop, paid 99c for their jumbo cupholder, the kind that goes over the window..... then I 'bent' the L shape of the holder straight, and shoved it UP under the center console, with the base of the cupholder sitting on the floor immediately next to the console and right in front of the seats, both passenger and driver sides. Works great.... easy fix, inexpensive. Now if I can just figure out how to stop resting my elbow on that centerconsole 'cupholder' so that it quits popping up! LOL

Old 11-07-2004, 05:58 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Suggestion for carrying coffee

Here is a tip, DON'T! I don't have a problem with the cup holder poping up when driving, but if there is a cup in there it gets in the way. Simple solution is to just stop at a service station and drink there rather than in the car!