Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Coupe Lease Assumption

Old 11-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Coupe Lease Assumption

Hey guys, I have a Graphite/Autostick Coupe. It is about 7 months old with about 7K miles on it. I am looking for someone to assume my lease b/c the car is no longer practical for me (not b/c I want to get rid of it - CUZ I DON'T). I live in North/Central jersey in between Morristown and Bridgewater. My payment is $322.98 per month (<worth it) and it was originally a 39 monther (which leaves about 32 months). The lease is through Chrysler Financial and the dealer is Welsh in Far Hills, NJ. The buy out at the end is around 19K which is actually 3K cheaper than if you financed it from the beginning. The tires are Continentals and the interior is 2 tone black w/ gray. I'm sure I'm leaving something out so if you have any questions, pls post them here as my email is already too crowded. It was fun while it lasted.....

PS - You can have the luggage too once take-over is finalized

Last edited by NJxxxFIRE; 11-17-2004 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 11-18-2004, 08:57 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Coupe Lease Assumption

Originally Posted by NJxxxFIRE
Hey guys, I have a Graphite/Autostick Coupe. It is about 7 months old with about 7K miles on it. I am looking for someone to assume my lease b/c the car is no longer practical for me (not b/c I want to get rid of it - CUZ I DON'T). I live in North/Central jersey in between Morristown and Bridgewater. My payment is $322.98 per month (<worth it) and it was originally a 39 monther (which leaves about 32 months). The lease is through Chrysler Financial and the dealer is Welsh in Far Hills, NJ. The buy out at the end is around 19K which is actually 3K cheaper than if you financed it from the beginning. The tires are Continentals and the interior is 2 tone black w/ gray. I'm sure I'm leaving something out so if you have any questions, pls post them here as my email is already too crowded. It was fun while it lasted.....

PS - You can have the luggage too once take-over is finalized
My lease is through Chrysler Financial too. From what I've read you will still be liable for making payments, and paying for excess damage and mileage at the end of the lease, even though someone has assumed your lease. Have you read this? It doesn't sound fair but I'm afraid it is true.

Old 11-18-2004, 09:40 PM

All I have heard is that I will still be "2ndary" on the lease. I don't know what that means exactly but if it means I'm liable, then I will have an issue with it. I won't know the specifics until I need to so I'm not able to help you.....sorry I can't offer more info

Old 11-30-2004, 01:25 PM

C'mooon no takers out there??!?

Old 11-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll buy out at @$ 24k plus Tax Ca. Tax ,If perfect !

Old 12-01-2004, 12:03 AM

All I have heard is that I will still be "2ndary" on the lease. I don't know what that means exactly but if it means I'm liable, then I will have an issue with it. I won't know the specifics until I need to so I'm not able to help you.....sorry I can't offer more info
I talked to the Chrysler boys down at finance. You are still liable for everything, if they dont pay, you have to, that goes for damage, excess mileage, no payment etc. When i found this out my last circle of my personal hell was sealed. I am now officially stuck with my crossfire for the term. I'd rather be stuck with the mini cooper s i looked at. I thought 300 bux a mo for a 35k or 300 bux a mo for a 24k car. I thought it was a no brainer, I couldnt have been more wrong. Good luck on gettin rid of it.

Old 12-01-2004, 08:25 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bullseye
I talked to the Chrysler boys down at finance. You are still liable for everything, if they dont pay, you have to, that goes for damage, excess mileage, no payment etc. When i found this out my last circle of my personal hell was sealed. I am now officially stuck with my crossfire for the term. I'd rather be stuck with the mini cooper s i looked at. I thought 300 bux a mo for a 35k or 300 bux a mo for a 24k car. I thought it was a no brainer, I couldnt have been more wrong. Good luck on gettin rid of it.
The only way to get rid of the car and release your liability is to find someone to buy it out. However, unless you put down a large sum of money at the start of the lease ($5-10k), it is likely that the buyout is more than the car is worth. If you REALLY need to get out of the lease, you could always trade the car in. A dealer is not likely to give you what you owe, but they will pay it off for you and then roll the difference into a new car. Just make sure that is what you really want to do because you'll be extremely upside down on the new car.

Oh, and $300/mo for the crossfire is a no brainer. But obviously it isn't a car for everyone.

Old 12-01-2004, 10:23 AM
Banned

Well Minnies are cute ,, but they're not worth 30K for cutenist .I'd much rather drive A Crossfire.

Old 12-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Talking Re: Coupe Lease Assumption

Originally Posted by Dan Root
Well Minnies are cute ,, but they're not worth 30K for cutenist .I'd much rather drive A Crossfire.
Its beyond that Dan, I've driven some lightly modded mini s's and they would take our car autocross and straight line alike. Plus i wouldnt need a winter car, in which i just bought one a 1995 Mazda 626 ES v-6, not bad lil' car. I could mod it the mini that is have the same payment, and be faster and handle just as good if not better than the crossfire, only getting 30mpg instead of 17.8mpg like now. All my v-8 sport cars got better mileage. I more mpg worse and it ties my old 95 blazer for gas mileage. And the mini is more than cute its a new way of life, being small in a big way. lol And another great perk of the mini is it retains its value like crazy. At the auction 04 crossfires are going for what 03 mini s's are. Now thats cute.

Old 12-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Banned

Dah I know all that stuff but it's still a 4 banger little cute GIRLIE car.They ship them in here right down the street. I see them come off the boats in rows of 10 or more at a time .They're cute little 4 seaters and that's about all.Where do you live.If you wanted one WHY DID U BUY THE XFIRE.You could've paid 35k for a Mini and 5k more in mods then you'd be happy?40k that's almost a SRT6 or nice used Porsche,BMW,JAG,new C6.old Z06.Have fun.

Old 12-02-2004, 11:46 AM
Talking Re: Coupe Lease Assumption

They ship them in here right down the street. I see them come off the boats in rows of 10 or more at a time ..

Yea, that's a nice play on words; your meaning they come over in a row boat!?
How approriate for a cute little "girlie" car.

Old 12-04-2004, 09:45 PM

Dah I know all that stuff but it's still a 4 banger little cute GIRLIE car.They ship them in here right down the street. I see them come off the boats in rows of 10 or more at a time .They're cute little 4 seaters and that's about all.Where do you live.If you wanted one WHY DID U BUY THE XFIRE.You could've paid 35k for a Mini and 5k more in mods then you'd be happy?40k that's almost a SRT6 or nice used Porsche,BMW,JAG,new C6.old Z06.Have fun.
You need to do a bit more research dan, my mini cooper s was a tad under 25k and that was pretty much fully loaded. Was just missing navi, jwc, and some of the lame accesories. That was the same price as the crossfire a month. And prolly would have scratched on the leather, and moon roof. So that would have dropped that payment another 40 or so. I'm secure in my man hood to drive a mini, seem you must be having problems. I find the Crossfire a chick car also. All the girls say its so cute. And I'm not trying to impress everyone like you are. and 35k for a mini? Maybe if you buy every accessory and jcw and the vert. And they dont need 5k in mods to run with our crossfires. Sure bash its a 4 cylinder, it puts out almost the same performance numbers as our crossfire does. And I told you why 22k car vs 35k almost same payment. THought it would make sense to go with the crossfire, I was wrong. But If i had to do it over again, i would just have drove my 95 blazer longer, and waited to buy a used evo or Sti instead. But yes i would rather have amini cooper s than a crossfire hands down. Oh btw the mini cooper has a nicer interior than the crossfire too. Just my .02

Old 12-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Unhappy Re: Coupe Lease Assumption

So basically, in a nut shell...I'm stuck for 2.5 more years. I guess I could be stuck in a crappy car, but I miss my Jeep

Old 12-07-2004, 03:12 AM

So basically, in a nut shell...I'm stuck for 2.5 more years. I guess I could be stuck in a crappy car, but I miss my Jeep
Yup, sucks doesn't it. I honestly feel your pain. I'm can still hope for lemon law or factory buy back though.

Old 12-07-2004, 11:01 AM
Banned
Cool Re: Coupe Lease Assumption

Originally Posted by Bullseye
You need to do a bit more research dan, my mini cooper s was a tad under 25k and that was pretty much fully loaded. Was just missing navi, jwc, and some of the lame accesories. That was the same price as the crossfire a month. And prolly would have scratched on the leather, and moon roof. So that would have dropped that payment another 40 or so. I'm secure in my man hood to drive a mini, seem you must be having problems. I find the Crossfire a chick car also. All the girls say its so cute. And I'm not trying to impress everyone like you are. and 35k for a mini? Maybe if you buy every accessory and jcw and the vert. And they dont need 5k in mods to run with our crossfires. Sure bash its a 4 cylinder, it puts out almost the same performance numbers as our crossfire does. And I told you why 22k car vs 35k almost same payment. THought it would make sense to go with the crossfire, I was wrong. But If i had to do it over again, i would just have drove my 95 blazer longer, and waited to buy a used evo or Sti instead. But yes i would rather have amini cooper s than a crossfire hands down. Oh btw the mini cooper has a nicer interior than the crossfire too. Just my .02
You could put 4 Pro football tackels in a mini and it still looks like a cute GIRLIE car !

Old 12-07-2004, 03:23 PM

You could put 4 Pro football tackels in a mini and it still looks like a cute GIRLIE car !
We know what matters most with you. Looks of a car and what other people think. I could care less what other people think. ANd i'm secure enough in my man hood to drive a mini, if you arnt thats your thing. And call the MINI girlie, tell that to the 6'2" 250lb contractor that bought one. True gearheads/car enthusiasts respect the MINI for what it can do, and what it is. While those same people laugh at our cars(Crossfires) and consider it a joke. Think about that.

Old 12-07-2004, 04:14 PM

Dan,
He's obviously secure in his manhood, he said it in 2 posts, and look at his avatar! Leave it alone already!(hehe).
Bullseye, I'm not clear, do you hate your crossfire and wish you had gotten a Mini instead? If that's the case(or even if it's not), you aren't helping NJxxxFire unload his very well!

Whatever your driving, happy motoring!(That's what it all comes down to anyway)

Old 12-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Banned

His avatar isn't that Michael Jackson playing cowboys and Indians ,in a cute girly mini ?

Old 12-07-2004, 05:20 PM

Bullseye, if you hate the car that much, why did you buy it? or maybe you all of a sudden need to carry more than 2 people? You need to think theses purchases out a little more than you obviously did. It is, was and always will be a toy for us that have to have toys. Park it in the winter and play with it the summer!

Old 12-07-2004, 05:36 PM

or sell the thing and go get the mini. I think we have heard enough about this.
Big talk and mini walk.

Quick Reply: Coupe Lease Assumption