CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Rattle / vibration when accelerating (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/6714-rattle-vibration-when-accelerating.html)

saldous 11-25-2004 09:21 AM

Rattle / vibration when accelerating

The last few days my car has started this rattle noise when accelerating. It sounds like the exhaust is rattling, I can't pinpoint where it is coming from. It is either the exhaust of something under the hood. Any ideas?

mbepic 11-25-2004 11:02 AM

Re: Rattle / vibration when accelerating

You might want to check another one or more posts that mentioned noise/rattle coming from rear. I believe in those cases something was loose like a rear shock, etc. Problems were resolved once they took car into dealer. I don't think there was any mention of this only occurring when accelerating but probably more common over bumps.

garym79 11-25-2004 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by saldous
The last few days my car has started this rattle noise when accelerating. It sounds like the exhaust is rattling, I can't pinpoint where it is coming from. It is either the exhaust of something under the hood. Any ideas?

Is taking it back to the dealer too obvious?

jekerma 11-25-2004 01:34 PM

I hear a rattle as well. It seems coming from the door panel and just right behind the shoulder. I'll take it back to the dealer in December. He said that he cannot guarantee to solve the problem....Well we'll see...

Greets from Switzerland

mbepic 11-25-2004 03:01 PM

Noise coming from the door panel was also reported in another post.
What does he mean he cannot guarantee to solve the problem.........what is the warranty for? It seems to me that is something of a guarantee to fix problems with the car?!!!!

saldous 11-25-2004 04:37 PM

It isn't coming from the rear or from the door, it is under the hood somewhere. I'm no where near my dealer at the moment, I will take it in when I get time next week. Was just wondering if anyone else had something similar.

Cyril Baldwin 11-26-2004 05:38 AM

Im bringing mine to the dealer next week for a misaligned driver side door and for passenger side tire bubble. It rattles when Im driving and it pops out of place at times. I know it'll take like around 3 months to get the door from Germany but I hope it wont be the case.

I've read before that the noise from the rear is a defective differential so you might wanna check it out with the dealership.

jekerma 11-26-2004 06:12 AM

Cyril, is the noise coming from the door panel only or from behind as well?

Cyril Baldwin 11-26-2004 06:53 AM

The door panel rattle is right behind the shoulder.