CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Why I have an unfinished basement... (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/67559-why-i-have-unfinished-basement.html)

Chris L. 04-28-2014 08:29 AM

Why I have an unfinished basement...

I live in a neighborhood of 3 / 4 car garages......& finished basements. Problem is....in this age group people have accumulated so much bullshit over their lives that MANY can't put their cars in their garages. Instead of putting their stuff in an unfinished basement....their garages are used to store their STUFF. Well, just what I always knew was going to happen.....happened yesterday........PING PONG BALL SIZE HAIL . Even though they were predicting hail for Sunday between noon and 4 pm for at least 3 days in advance......at least half the cars in this neighborhood are dented.

ala_xfire 04-28-2014 09:24 AM

Re: Why I have an unfinished basement...

You didn't say : were your cars included in the 1/2 the dented cars in the neighborhood ?

sk8erjosh09 04-28-2014 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 793869)
You didn't say : were your cars included in the 1/2 the dented cars in the neighborhood ?

This is what I was wondering lol.

americanretrodave 04-28-2014 10:37 AM

Well the heading kind of tells the story!! Chris' garage was obviously empty so his cars were safe.

Chris L. 04-28-2014 10:52 AM

My cars were in my garage. The weather service had been broadcasting for several days in advance that we were going to get baseball size hail on that day at that time.......amazing accuracy. Turned out to only be ping pong balls not baseballs. Really sick to see neighbors 2014 A4 & 2014 Explorer .....dimpled.

oledoc2u 04-28-2014 05:42 PM

somehow, 3/4 car garages and finished basements I think they can afford it.... I would love to have a 4 car garage with 10' ceilings...and my basement isn't finished either....but my xf's are in the garage...

Chris L. 04-28-2014 06:13 PM

There was so much advance notice that you would have thought that (since their 3 car garage was full of other stuff) that my next door neighbor would have at least moved some of the 5 cars in his driveway to one of the giant shopping center covered concrete parking garages just 3 miles away........

Trenzman 04-28-2014 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Chris L. (Post 793974)
There was so much advance notice that you would have thought that (since their 3 car garage was full of other stuff) that my next door neighbor would have at least moved some of the 5 cars in his driveway to one of the giant shopping center covered concrete parking garages just 3 miles away........

I bet when they say it will hail again he will listen. When we get a hurricane warning everyone starts boarding up, no questions.

itsky 04-29-2014 10:41 PM

I wish I had at least a 3 car garage. The Crossfire is always stored in the garage. We have had two very nasty hail storms over the past three years with two new roofs in that same time frame.

Chris L. 04-30-2014 07:54 AM

GEICO inspection of roof today.

Made reservations online for Corvette factory tour next month while on vacation.....$7 / each. I wonder if the museum is still open?