Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Xfire repair manual

Old 12-12-2004, 12:11 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xfire repair manual

I just ordered the Xfire manuals (3) in a set. DC says that they will be here this week. Hopefully it will answer a few more questions. Has anyone else acquired a set yet? Are they any good?

Old 12-12-2004, 09:00 AM
Default Re: Xfire repair manual

Not here, but you could certainly give us your review after you have had them for awhile.
How did you hear about these and where did you order them from??
How much???

Old 12-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Forum Regular

I just stopped into the DC dealership and ordered them. Cost around $200 Canadian, so what's that in US? $40? Kidding! They are supposed to be the shop manuals but it seems a bit cheap. It would be nice to see if the dealership I use, has the same answers as the manuals. Anyway, I haven't seem them yet so I will let you know.

Old 12-12-2004, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bob G
I just ordered the Xfire manuals (3) in a set. DC says that they will be here this week. Hopefully it will answer a few more questions. Has anyone else acquired a set yet? Are they any good?
Please report back and let us know. If it's worth it I'll pick up a set.

Old 12-13-2004, 09:38 AM
Forum Regular

You can order the manuals online here:
https://techauthority.gltghosting.com/

Old 12-13-2004, 07:27 PM

Thanks. The CD is a pretty good value. I have ordered Chrysler service manuals in the past and they have been excellent.

Old 12-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Forum Regular

AlvinByars:
I thought about the CD to but then I thought about working on the car and running back and forth to my laptop. It could get a little greasy on the keys. Besides, I kinda like to thumb through the pages before bed time. You never know how dangerous I could be to the car with too much knowledge! Makes you wanna say "HUUUMMMMM!"
In the end I'll probably get both, but don't tell my wife. OK?
Been married a long time and I finally have her right where she wants me!

Old 12-13-2004, 07:48 PM

It took a long time to make the transition, but I finally got used to curling up in bed at night, with a nice fire in the fireplace, and reading a good laptop.

Old 12-13-2004, 08:04 PM
Forum Regular

AlvinByars:
Just noticed that you are the same age as me, you young devil? I know what you mean about the laptop in bed. That's how I found the forum in the 1st place. You know, since I have been on the forum, I noticed that a lot of great info. is coming thru. If anyone finds out something new, either good or bad, we will all know about it. Anyways, a pleasure!
By the way, where did you see a Crossfire for the 1st time? I was on business in San Fran and they had 3 on display so I picked up the CD on them. The rest is history.

Old 12-13-2004, 08:21 PM

Bob G,

My wife and I saw our first Crossfire at the local shopping mall ... and fell in love. The next day, I visited the local dealer and took a red coupe for a spin, then picked up my wife after work so she could take it for a spin. I am not an impulse buyer. I ended up test driving that red coupe a dozen times over the next few weeks before I finally broke down and just had to have it. My wife and I have had some of our best times together on road trips, long or short. The Crossfire spends most of it's time sleeping in the barn until it's time for another road trip, so now it has become something special for both of us. I also enjoy the forum ... a great bunch of people with a gorgeous car in common.

Old 12-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Re: Xfire repair manual

Originally Posted by Bob G
AlvinByars:
Just noticed that you are the same age as me, you young devil? I know what you mean about the laptop in bed. That's how I found the forum in the 1st place. You know, since I have been on the forum, I noticed that a lot of great info. is coming thru. If anyone finds out something new, either good or bad, we will all know about it. Anyways, a pleasure!
By the way, where did you see a Crossfire for the 1st time? I was on business in San Fran and they had 3 on display so I picked up the CD on them. The rest is history.
Yea, Bob G, the only difference between you and Alvin is that he can drive his toy year round and your's gets a rest in the winter! I know, mine is resting too! UGH!

Old 12-14-2004, 12:23 AM

You're welcome to come down and join us ... lot's of room ... not much down here but cows, horses, donkeys and coyotes.

Old 12-14-2004, 12:24 AM
Forum Regular

MI Roadster:
No difference! Except the snow part. I'm driven allllllll winter! (Canadian winter) and so far so good.

Old 12-24-2004, 03:23 AM
Forum Regular

Update on the manuals (2 in a set), very thick and very scary. I had no idea how many things could go wrong! Just kidding! The best way to describe the manuals is with a comparision. The old manuals I used in the past spent more time telling you how to fix a problem and not so much how to find the problem. They mostly assumed you already figured out what was causing the problem. With the advent of computers , these new manuals spend alot more time diagnosing the symtems and then showing you the fix. The use of the computer code reader is extensive. There is a number of tools available specifically designed for the Xfire and you guessed it! There is an order form for them at the back of the manuals.
At least now I will be able to understand what the PC mechanics are talking about if they tell me that my car is kah kah!
Bottom line is they cover just about everything!
Here's a gem! The fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator are one in the same, when the filter is plugged, replace both. Before you panic, there is a fuel strainer in the bottom of the fuel tank.
There will be a test later!

Old 12-24-2004, 01:34 PM

Bob,

I also ordered the manuals, but I ordered the CD. If you are interested in diagnosing your own problems, nearly all of the major auto parts chain stores (Big A, Auto Zone, etc.) will run a computer scan on your car for free and will give you a list of all the error codes.

Alvin

Old 12-26-2004, 06:55 PM
Forum Regular

Got the manuals, (2) and they are very comprehensive and have a lot if diagnostic info. Everything you wanted to know and much more.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:36 PM

Ordered the shop manual CD on ebay. $40 a lot ezr on wallet than $200. Received it today, and lists 4116 pages with index. Showed me what I wanted on how to remove engine cover without a prybar and hammer. Also it allows use of 5W40 Mobil 1, although 0W-40 is preferred. I'm satisfied with it.
price: US $40.00Buy It Now As soon as April 21 (conditions)
End time:Apr-20-08 20:52:14 PDT (3 days 3 hours)
Shipping costs:Free
US Postal Service First Class Mail®
Service to United States
(more services)
Ships to:WorldwideItem location:New York, United StatesQuantity:4 available