Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire VS. Legacy

Old 12-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crossfire VS. Legacy

1st off let me just say I now really hate my car with a passion. I loathe it! I was starting to feel better that my car is slow as hell. But this tops it off. I lost to a damn family sedan legacy costing 7 grand less. Sigh. I know it has 250hp but still, I hate this car. I miss my mach 1.

Old 12-15-2004, 11:14 PM
Default Re: Crossfire VS. Legacy

If I were you, I would drive to the nearest auto salvage yard, turn over the keys and the ownership, wait there awhile to see the car picked up by a gigantic magnet and put in the crusher.
At this point, I'm sure a great amount of satisfaction and peace will fall all over you and you can then live happily ever after.

Old 12-15-2004, 11:47 PM

As long as i got out of the car free and clear, I would have no problem doing that. Then iit would be EVO time.

Old 12-16-2004, 08:42 AM

don't forget, the legacy is also AWD in addition to being more powerful.

Old 12-16-2004, 09:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why did you buy it in the first place? Did you not test drive? I'm truly sorry you don't like the car but don't blame the car for it's lack of performance to your standard. Hate yourself for not chooseing a car that suites your driveing style.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:39 AM

Knowledge is the key here. There are several cars out there that can smoke ours, chose wisely who decide to race. Go to Motor Trend and read about all of these new cars, sedans, trucks and even SUV's that can smoke us. Plus, why race?? What's the need??

Old 12-16-2004, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bullseye
I loathe it!
I know the feeling. I had a car that I called the turdmobile. It was a plain jane brown Fairmont econo-comuter. It did what I bought it to do but that couldn't keep me from hating the stupid thing. Life is short. Dump your car anyway you can. Take the beating and move on. Chalk the whole episode up to experience and go get happy. It won't be the most expensive lesson that you will ever have but it will probably make your top ten.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Wink Re: Crossfire VS. Legacy

Originally Posted by Bullseye
1st off let me just say I now really hate my car with a passion. I loathe it! I was starting to feel better that my car is slow as hell. But this tops it off. I lost to a damn family sedan legacy costing 7 grand less. Sigh. I know it has 250hp but still, I hate this car. I miss my mach 1.
even if you still had your mach 1 there is still a subaru out there that could beat it, so dont think that your car is a total dog for not beating a fairly fast sedan.

Old 12-16-2004, 01:12 PM

I have to agree with UncleAL. Life is short and you shoud drive whatever makes you happy. If you are a true car person and this is an important part of what you do everyday you owe it to yourself to drive what makes you feel good. Cut your losses, take your beating and get out of it. Realize tho, that there is always someone faster, quicker, better. Enjoy what you drive!
Chris

Old 12-16-2004, 04:22 PM

Or, you can take out a small home equity loan and super charge the Crossfire! Otherwise, your need for muscle seems to outweigh all else with the Crossfire, so go trade it in and get something faster, like the Evo or STi.

Old 12-17-2004, 01:48 AM

Well I think I found out a way out of my car. My dad's can get out of his lease at 18 months on his car, if he gets another honda. He doesnt mind my car. He likes it in fact. So I'm going to check out an s2000 again. I use to own a 2000 S2k. But i heard they made it more livable we will find out. Should be able to hit 12's with bolt-ons.

Oh with my mach 1, no stock subbie could take me from a roll. From a dig an STi would have me but thats about it. I would catch up at the 1/4.:-D I even raced a 12 second wrx from a roll and he still lost. The AWD cars are fun but need a launch to beat the v-8's from a roll. Until they start modding anyways(EVO and STi).

And to other guy saying dont hate the car. I thought i could get by just on looks and performance 2nd man was I wrong. This is the slowest car i have owned since my 2000 Honda Civic Si back when i was in High School.

And if you only pick fights you can win, whats the point? I beat an STi with the XF only because he blew a shift right off the bat. But it surely is the faster car. And the only other win I have is against a 01-02 Mustang GT. My loses are a Legacy, EVO, 350z, and a z28.
Nothing again is wrong with the XF it is just not me.

MY .02

Old 12-17-2004, 05:48 AM

i feel you man. the way i look at it now is if i go out and get a super fast car now, what do i have to look forward too. we're the same age, and i know its hard to put that kind of thing in perspective. i love s2k's too, but i dont know about 12's with bolt ons. ive never seen a stock one run anything better than a 14.4 at the strip, granted the most ive seen where at palmdale, drag hell, but even the ones i saw at sears point up north ran that at best. but man, black s2k, on bronze volks, carbon fiber hood oohhh mann so nice. bolt on all the parts you can besides a supercharger, which is expensive for them too-comptech is like 8500- run mid 13's all day, throw on a tein suspension, TRACK BEAST. it was comming down to a used s2k-found a mint one for 21k with 15 thousand miles- and the xfire for me, the xfire only won because of the lease rates.
anyways, i say you do what we talked about a little bit earlier, get an old tuner car, 240 or a dsm, and use that, because the xfire is a great daily driver. im really thinking about supercharging mine and just buying it out when the least is over because with 300horses i cant imagine a much better car than the xfire, but if i dont ill probably be getting a 87 t2 rx7. anyway, hope you decide wisely and get a car you like.

Old 12-18-2004, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by x'ed
i feel you man. the way i look at it now is if i go out and get a super fast car now, what do i have to look forward too. we're the same age, and i know its hard to put that kind of thing in perspective. i love s2k's too, but i dont know about 12's with bolt ons. ive never seen a stock one run anything better than a 14.4 at the strip, granted the most ive seen where at palmdale, drag hell, but even the ones i saw at sears point up north ran that at best. but man, black s2k, on bronze volks, carbon fiber hood oohhh mann so nice. bolt on all the parts you can besides a supercharger, which is expensive for them too-comptech is like 8500- run mid 13's all day, throw on a tein suspension, TRACK BEAST. it was comming down to a used s2k-found a mint one for 21k with 15 thousand miles- and the xfire for me, the xfire only won because of the lease rates.
anyways, i say you do what we talked about a little bit earlier, get an old tuner car, 240 or a dsm, and use that, because the xfire is a great daily driver. im really thinking about supercharging mine and just buying it out when the least is over because with 300horses i cant imagine a much better car than the xfire, but if i dont ill probably be getting a 87 t2 rx7. anyway, hope you decide wisely and get a car you like.
They can hit high 12's with bolts ive seen it. im talking about the f22 powered s2k's. The lower end torque really helps them out. Seen quite a few running high 13's stock. The record for a stock s2k is a 13.58 not too shaby.

Old 12-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honda anounced this is the last year 05s of s2ks.Poor sales !

Old 12-18-2004, 10:48 PM

Bullseye, did you buy a car to race or to take you places. I mean come on. I know what you mean about the car being a dog, but lets face it. You cant expect to race everyone out there and win. You shouldn't be racing at all value your life a bit more than that. Take the car for what it is a nice elegant sleek looking touring car, not a rocket.

Also if you buy a faster car it wont be long before car makers upgrade their engines and then what?? you're back to square one of being the one with the slower car. If you're unhappy trade it in and do your homework in power and acceleration for your next car but dont discredit the car you have just because you lost to a subaru; come on you have a hell of a car with the crossfire.

Dont flame....... just my 2 cents.

Old 12-18-2004, 11:15 PM

i'm sorry to be mean but if ever thought that you would beat a legacy in the first place ur a _____ (fill in the blank with whatever bad word you please). like stated, the car has more power, and it's awd. just because it's a family sedan doesn't mean it's slow.

second of all, if you are so in need of speed, why did you buy this car in the first place!? Any _____ (same use) would take five minutes to research a car before they purchase it, and if you took that five minutes, you would have found out that car is not made for speed, and so obviously doesn't suit what you want.

also i don't understand how why you seem so shocked to lose against cars that are built for performance, and are obviously much faster (EVO, 350, Z28). I mean really where's you brain... i say you need an EVO.

Last edited by themann42; 12-18-2004 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:40 PM

Bullseye, for looks AND performance, why not trade in your Crossfire on the new 2005 M-B SLR McLaren? With 617 HP you'll go from 0 to 60 in just 3.7 seconds. Not much on the road will touch you and the cops in your city will love you too as you replenish their city coffers!

Last edited by ror0; 12-19-2004 at 12:38 AM.
Old 12-19-2004, 12:22 AM

most people on this forum are dicks.

Old 12-21-2004, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by x'ed
most people on this forum are dicks.
I couldnt agree with you more X'ed. AS for the ________(fill in derogatory comment as fits) saying I need to do my homework, I now the fuggin crossfire was slow. I thought maybe i could just drive around and not have a fast car, I was wrong. As i have stated numerous times before. And for that guy implying a negative statement to me for even thinking of beating a Legacy. Man go do some research they run middish 14's on avg. Just like what i can do in the crossfire. Our straight line performance numbers are pretty close. Just that i met a better than avg. driver. If you dont stand a chance against a legacy maybe you need to learn how to drive? I could help you on that. I only lost by about a 1/4-1/3 of a carlength. If i hooked in second I may have took him(by that same 1/3 of a carlength). Salty roads here:-D And my racing seen is over for now anyways. I got winter only BLIZZAKS on know with my kickin' lil' 17in wheels now. AND again if i can find a way out of my car i would. But i dont really feel like losing 8-9k.