CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Well its been fun.. Thanks.. and Goodbye! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/6883-well-its-been-fun-thanks-goodbye.html)

DavesX-fire 12-22-2004 01:35 PM

Well its been fun.. Thanks.. and Goodbye!

I am just writing this post (almost in tears), to let everyone know that there is one less Crossfire on the road. DiamlerChrysler Employee leasing has decided not to fix my car, the damage from the accident (see, wrecked my crossfire.. well I didn't) is over $15,000 and the cut off is $9,000. Chances are I won't be able to lease another Crossfire, unless there is a special deal with employee leasing. I just wanted to thank everyone, for participating in this great forum, and say goodbye.

Daves(wrecked)x-fire

PS. I will have some new pictures of the wrecked car, after I collect my belongings from it up sometime today.

NJspeed69 12-22-2004 02:04 PM

Re: Well its been fun.. Thanks.. and Goodbye!

That sucks man... What are they going to do with it then.. take it from you to fix it and resell? If they are just going to junk it you should try and get any extra parts you can :) Wheels, headlights, etc.

DavesX-fire 12-23-2004 04:22 PM

Check my Gallery for pictures of the wrecked car. It doesn't look too bad, but I was talking to a tech who was working with my insurance company, and he said that the engine had been rocked badly on its mounts and the block was cracked, the whole front subframe was going to have to be replaced.. also the PCM was ruined along with the mechanicals on the passenger side.

Daves(Wrecked)x-fire

mbepic 12-23-2004 04:41 PM

Just looked at the pics in Gallery. That is too bad. Did the women hit you in the front bumper or was it the side wheel/fender? Looks like you got a dent in front bumper. If that is where she hit you, it seems like an awful lot of damage (write-off) for that hit.

DavesX-fire 12-23-2004 11:37 PM

She hit me on the side just forward of the end of the door jam. The front passenger side wheel was kinda the center point for the accident. I should have gotten a picture of the engine compartment, that was where the serious damage was. I figured it wasn't too bad, but the insurance cut-off for writing a car off is $9,000, and the repair work on the car was over $15,000. The thing is she hit me at 40mph, so alot of the damage was not visible.

Daves(Wrecked)X-fire

REDCROSS 12-31-2004 08:19 PM

Sorry to hear the end result. Since your insurance will pay off your present debt.
See if you can find an unsold 04 some where.
Our dealership has one and they have a sticker on the windshield "$89.00 DOWN AND $499.00 A MONTH".
ALSO, is that lease for $299.00 a month still on. It was for a while.
You know what you can/can not do.............Hope all comes out to the good.
Tomorrow is 2005 ......................... You can start all over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!