CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   thinking of buying crossfire (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/7094-thinking-buying-crossfire.html)

Chronik68 01-20-2005 01:33 AM

thinking of buying crossfire

hi guys Anything bad i should look out for ? is preimeum fuel required? really like the car a friend works at chrysler dealer and can get a good deal,I already drove one wow! was considering a 350 Z but have heard lots of bad things about tranny problems and tire wear issues,can't find anything bad about the crossfire though, beenchecking out the site, awsome great info beautiful rides which is better auto or stick, i prefer the stick but am wondering the freind has a base model, black ,or should i wait for a limited? have owned Chrysler prouduct before, 1999 ram 2 wheel pickup, now driving 2000 Jeep wrangler sahara, both great rides never a problem, hoping the crossfire would be as good any help/info would be great thanks

x'ed 01-20-2005 01:36 AM

Re: thinking of buying crossfire

depends on what your looking for. only you know what you want. ive had zero problems though, but i barely drive mine.

Chronik68 01-20-2005 01:42 AM

How do you like the stick, do you have to run premium fuel ?

Bullseye 01-20-2005 01:42 AM

If you want anything related to speed look elsewhere. Buy the 350z has the looks and pretty good pep to match it. I own a crossfire and would rather have a 350z. But if your looking for a car that just looks good buy a crossfire, but please buy an auto the 6 speed holds it value even worse. Definitely, buy a used one. The crossfire has horrible resale value. Don;t be like some of us including me who wants to get out of the crossfire and can't because of 8 grand negative equity.

Bullseye 01-20-2005 01:43 AM

Yes it uses premium. The 6 speed has a hard time going into gear sometimes and the clutch leaves something to be desired. Also it some times pops out of gear.

Bob G 01-20-2005 01:48 AM

Yeah, premium fuel only. I was also looking at the 350Z but in the end, the Xfire was my choice. I made the right descission for me. I have the 6 speed and it is excellent. I have had zero problems with it and you couldn't sell me one without it! I never enjoyed a sports car without a standard but that's me!

ccasmoe00 01-20-2005 02:44 AM

I'm wondering why do you even have a Crossfire "Bullseye"? Trade it in for an 350Z. All you do is talk bad $hit about your Crossfire............................Didnt you test drive a 350Z before you bought a Crossfire?

Bullseye 01-20-2005 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by ccasmoe00
I'm wondering why do you even have a Crossfire "Bullseye"? Trade it in for an 350Z. All you do is talk bad $hit about your Crossfire............................Didnt you test drive a 350Z before you bought a Crossfire?

Now you see why I laughed at your comment, as you think I find the crossfire is the only good car. What keeps me going though is, I think it can always be worse, I could own a RX-8. Well just trade it in thats a good idea, if i didnt have oodles of negative equity. I thought I could get by with ok performance for a cheap payment and I was wrong. Plain and simple.

ccasmoe00 01-20-2005 10:18 AM

Have you ever driven an RX8? I bet alot of people on here have and have mostly positive feedback on it. If you wanted a cheap payment for good performance, why didnt you get a SRT-4 or something?

mbepic 01-20-2005 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bob G
Yeah, premium fuel only. I was also looking at the 350Z but in the end, the Xfire was my choice. I made the right descission for me. I have the 6 speed and it is excellent. I have had zero problems with it and you couldn't sell me one without it! I never enjoyed a sports car without a standard but that's me!

It must be a "Canadian" thing. The passion of the 6 speed!

Bullseye 01-20-2005 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by ccasmoe00
Have you ever driven an RX8? I bet alot of people on here have and have mostly positive feedback on it. If you wanted a cheap payment for good performance, why didnt you get a SRT-4 or something?

Yes I have, felt like a torqueless and ugly crossfire with a back seat. Was going to get a srt-4 bought thought, dang its a neon, screw that. The crossfire is fast enough. I was wrong.

Bob G 01-20-2005 09:18 PM

Mbepic
Sorry! Tried not to show that much passion but sometimes it just sneaks out!

Bullseye 01-20-2005 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bob G
Mbepic
Sorry! Tried not to show that much passion but sometimes it just sneaks out!

Just Like me.