CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   CROSSFIRE lettering for Trunk (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/76184-crossfire-lettering-trunk.html)

chrisrivers 04-03-2017 11:01 AM

CROSSFIRE lettering for Trunk

Hi all - first post!

I've just bought a Crossfire which unfortunately has the letter "E" missing from the trunk (or "boot" as we'd say in the UK).

Does anyone have a set of letters with an "E" they'd be prepared to sell? My only alternative I think is to debadge it which I'd rather not do.

Thanks!

dtinker 04-05-2017 03:43 PM

Re: CROSSFIRE lettering for Trunk

I will look around and see ifI can locate the letter " E " for you. Is there a problem with me sending it to the UK? I do it for free.

David Tinker
dtinker

chrisrivers 04-05-2017 05:50 PM

Hey David

Thanks a lot for the offer but after scouring the forum I think I prefer the look of the XF debadged. I'm going to get the other badges letters removed next week when I have the car detailed.

Thanks again for the offer though - what a great forum.

ala_xfire 04-05-2017 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by chrisrivers (Post 884723)
Hey David

Thanks a lot for the offer but after scouring the forum I think I prefer the look of the XF debadged. I'm going to get the other badges letters removed next week when I have the car detailed.

Thanks again for the offer though - what a great forum.

Why not reverse the favor and send all the letters you remove to David ?
He has never charged anyone for them, he just likes to be the "Keeper of the Letters".

lovecross 04-05-2017 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 884728)
Why not reverse the favor and send all the letters you remove to David ?
He has never charged anyone for them, he just likes to be the "Keeper of the Letters".

Hear!Hear! I second that idea. (Thank you; dtinker! I may need a Letter some day):D

S8MS-01904 04-06-2017 06:47 PM

I'm in need of an "F", cause currently I'm driving a "C-r-o-s-s-T-i-r-e".

So, the thread buster in me, can ask if someone gives an "F", or rather has an extra "F" I would be happy to attach it to my rear.

Thanks....

ala_xfire 04-07-2017 08:03 AM

In other words, does anyone here give a F ?

( I think dtinker might )

Russ1949 04-07-2017 12:31 PM

What kind of glue / double face tape do you use to attach the lettering to the car?

StarJockey 07-31-2018 09:50 PM

Hi all! First post. As with others on this subject, I have lost the "C" from the trunk lid of my 05 Roadster. I have found a few places that will sell the entire set of letters, but I would prefer to buy the "C" only, if possible. Does anyone know of a source for this item?

StarJockey
Chuck Cooper
05 Black Roadster
328 Golf Drive
Cortland, OH 44410
Star4Two@neo.rr.com

ala_xfire 08-01-2018 12:39 AM

Send a PM to dtinker, he is "the keeper of the letters"
Welcome aboard and BTW, interesting housing concept you have there, who cuts the lawn ?

StarJockey 08-01-2018 10:15 AM

Thanks for the info. I’ll send dtinker a PM. Not sure I understand housing concept comment. If you entered my address into a mapping app, you are looking at a small condo community surrounded by a golf course.

StarJockey

onehundred80 08-01-2018 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 909764)
Send a PM to dtinker, he is "the keeper of the letters"
Welcome aboard and BTW, interesting housing concept you have there, who cuts the lawn ?

Maybe he has a lawn tractor and he putt putts around on it.;)

ala_xfire 08-01-2018 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by StarJockey (Post 909785)
Thanks for the info. I’ll send dtinker a PM. Not sure I understand housing concept comment. If you entered my address into a mapping app, you are looking at a small condo community surrounded by a golf course.

StarJockey

Yes, 2 joined together with a common front lawn. Since you say it's a condo, I rekon THEY cut the lawn.

StarJockey 08-01-2018 11:18 AM

Understand now. Thirty-five units in the association. Common lawn service, although I would happily mow my 90-year old neighbors lawn. :cool:

onehundred80 08-01-2018 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 909790)
Yes, 2 joined together with a common front lawn. Since you say it's a condo, I rekon THEY cut the lawn.

If he keeps at it with the forum he’ll get the humor in the end. ;)
Well I guess it is humor of a sort, humor is sadly lacking these days. People look for insults first and miss any attempt at humor.
In that threat to US security called Canada we are laughing all the time, never a dull moment on some people’s Twitter accounts. Laughter is the best medicine.

Tbirdtony 08-01-2018 10:38 PM

Crisrivers,
Look on Ebay. One of my "S" letters was broken and I found one on Ebay. Hope you find your "E".

Nunyadam 08-02-2018 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 909792)

If he keeps at it with the forum he’ll get the humor in the end. ;)
Well I guess it is humor of a sort, humor is sadly lacking these days. People look for insults first and miss any attempt at humor.
In that threat to US security called Canada we are laughing all the time, never a dull moment on some people’s Twitter accounts. Laughter is the best medicine.

I spent way too much time understanding the joke, but it was still worth it.

IMO the Golf Course either needs to pay the Water bill, or Fire the Grounds Keeper, maybe both. the Fairways look atrocious.

StarJockey 08-02-2018 12:51 PM

I didn't understand at first, either. BTW, the golf course has been for sale for last 4-5 years, so it gets minimal maintenance, although it is not as bad as it appears (photo taken in winter?)
Thanks for all the replies. Tried eBay, sadly no "C". Hopefully dtinker can help.