CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   abs wiring harness (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/76642-abs-wiring-harness.html)

rayludwiczak 06-20-2017 12:41 PM

abs wiring harness

2004 crossfire. Chipmunks got to the wiring. ABS, ESP/BAS lights on, spoiler up and will not close. Do I need a new harness, if so where or should I splice? Getting numerous codes.

Steve Jr 06-20-2017 02:18 PM

Re: abs wiring harness

I wouldn't think you would need a whole new harness. If you're good at splicing wire's. Is it isolated in a spot you have reasonable access to?

onehundred80 06-20-2017 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by rayludwiczak (Post 889305)
2004 crossfire. Chipmunks got to the wiring. ABS, ESP/BAS lights on, spoiler up and will not close. Do I need a new harness, if so where or should I splice? Getting numerous codes.

Photos would be a good idea. As previously mentioned splicing in 6" of wire and using heat shrink tubing would be the way to go if possible. Use resin cored solder only.

rayludwiczak 06-20-2017 07:23 PM

Thanks guys. I'll let you know how it goes. If I need to purchase a new wiring harness do you have any suggestion for the best value? Would a parts, used, work if necessary?

onehundred80 06-21-2017 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by rayludwiczak (Post 889327)
Thanks guys. I'll let you know how it goes. If I need to purchase a new wiring harness do you have any suggestion for the best value? Would a parts, used, work if necessary?

How can anyone help you when you do not say where the damage is? It is like going to the doctor and telling him you have a pain, how would he know where it is?

ala_xfire 06-21-2017 06:41 AM

Would a parts, used, work if necessary?
Wire is wire, if it isn't also rodent chewed it will be OK as long as the connectors aren't corroded.

rayludwiczak 07-01-2017 08:07 PM

A lot of parts needed removed before I could get to the problem. Soldered chewed wires. If patient it can be repaired. Put back together, abs, esp/bas and spoiler lights off. Working fine. Thanks to all who replied to my help request.

ala_xfire 07-01-2017 11:43 PM

Good deal !
Patience is indeed a virtue.
( are you sure it was chipmunks ? I have lots of chipmunks and a Probe and a suburban that live outside and they have never chewed on them. )

onehundred80 07-02-2017 08:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 889921)
Good deal !
Patience is indeed a virtue.
( are you sure it was chipmunks ? I have lots of chipmunks and a Probe and a suburban that live outside and they have never chewed on them. )

I had a chipmunk who decided that he could build a nice nest behind the headlight of a car I had, He saw no reason for the wires that went through his nest so he chewed through them. Someone told me the lights were out and I found the nest, friendly and industrious little creatures.
Maybe feeding them is only encouraging them do more damage.:rolleyes:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...1&d=1499000986

ala_xfire 07-02-2017 08:59 AM

Canadian chipmunks must go to different schools than ours.
I have never known a chipmunk to nest anywhere but underground, and that with at least 2 entrances/exits.

onehundred80 07-02-2017 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 889939)
Canadian chipmunks must go to different schools than ours.
I have never known a chipmunk to nest anywhere but underground, and that with at least 2 entrances/exits.

We have them in our garden like that, the amount of dirt they shift is staggering. But I saw the chipmunk keep going under the car, I figured he kept going. Maybe he planned on stashing food there who knows.
My friend saw a Chipmunks nest in a wood pile in his neighbors garage.

pradeepkumar 07-07-2017 07:09 AM

Thanks for sharing valuable information, which has useful about wiring.