CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Two Water Pumps? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/76823-two-water-pumps.html)

crymar 07-21-2017 02:03 PM

Two Water Pumps?

I'm checking Mercedes parts for my Crossfire here at my desk (at work!). I noticed that Mercedes lists two types of water pumps for the SLK320. One has two outlets and the other has three. I assume that the 3-outlet type is for the supercharged engine, the third outlet probably for an oil cooler. So I assume that the 2-outlet type can be used on a NA Crossfire. Can anyone verify? Am I assuming correctly?

pizzaguy 07-21-2017 07:06 PM

Re: Two Water Pumps?

Yea, it's one or the other. I sure cant remember because, so far, I've not had to change one.
It's mentioned in a thread in one of the tech sections here.

onehundred80 07-22-2017 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by crymar (Post 891075)
I'm checking Mercedes parts for my Crossfire here at my desk (at work!). I noticed that Mercedes lists two types of water pumps for the SLK320. One has two outlets and the other has three. I assume that the 3-outlet type is for the supercharged engine, the third outlet probably for an oil cooler. So I assume that the 2-outlet type can be used on a NA Crossfire. Can anyone verify? Am I assuming correctly?

I had a spare water pump and if had two outlets, there was a provision for a third but it was not drilled out.
When I got the SRT I swapped it for another part as I could no longer keep it as a spare.
Surely one pump is for the SLK320 and the other for the SLK32?
Get a good after market pump or a Bosch after marker pump and not one with the Mercedes part number on it as they cost a lot more.
The SRT pump and SLK32 pump cost half as much again as the NA equivalents from what I see.

NeedsWings 07-22-2017 01:47 PM

the slk320's used both water pumps, depending on whether the car got the oil cooler or not.

pizzaguy 07-22-2017 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by NeedsWings (Post 891119)
the slk320's used both water pumps, depending on whether the car got the oil cooler or not.

So, was that a factory option?

I ask cause I'm trying to educate myself on the SRT as I'm having "SRT Feelings" after three N/A Roadsters.

onehundred80 07-22-2017 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by NeedsWings (Post 891119)

Thanks, good to know.
If I had looked at my SLK320/32 parts list it would have totally confused me as it is none too specific, four water pumps listed.:confused:

onehundred80 07-22-2017 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 891123)

I ask cause I'm trying to educate myself on the SRT as I'm having "SRT Feelings" after three N/A Roadsters.

I knew you would finally come to your senses.;)

onehundred80 07-22-2017 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 891123)

I knew you would finally come to your senses.;)
The Man of the Year needs a fast ride. Get an SRT now the prices of the good ones are not dropping as fast as the NAs from what I see. Maybe what you really need is a V8, two people with them would sell for the right price.