Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Im about open fire on my X~Fire !

Old 10-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Im about open fire on my X~Fire !

May I vent ?
I have a 2004 coupe, it's my 1st Crossfire. I purchased it used, bought & paid for free and clear. When I brought her home it was awesome, everything was good, she drove down my Florida country canopy roads like she was on rails! .........I have been happy and have enjoyed tinkering with her, having replace a few mirror items such as a lot of bulbs, inside & out, a few fuses, cup holder pocket replacement, side mirror control switch on the center console, interior fuse panel door. Easy fun stuff ...

But in the last 2 months I have started to become frustrated with my ride. The following have broke, burned up or just died ...

1. The wipers

2. The AC

3. The amp for the stereo

4. the interior lights

5. the struts on the rear hatch

This sucks !

Old 10-06-2017, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Im about open fire on my X~Fire !

We all have a love/hate relationship with our car and you have to remember, the car is 14 years old, things break and wear out. With that being said, that a lot of forum members have had the same issues. If you had done some earlier research prior to buying the car, you would have realized and understood that these things happen from time to time. If you take the problems one at a time and search the forum, you can find solution for all the problems listed if not, post and usually there are members who will help you out.
Try this 1st, https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/585345-post1.html

Old 10-06-2017, 01:51 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts

These cars are getting old, your car may have had a lot of owners and some of them may not have looked after the car too well and you are finding that out.
Your car may have a lot of miles on it and many parts are worn out.
People sell their cars cheap if they expect or are having problems with it. If you paid too much then I am sorry to hear it.
Fix it or sell it on, your choice, good luck.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:03 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Sounds like you need a parts car. Since there are A Lot of Crossfires in Florida and have the same drivetrain ('07 got knee air bags) + all major assemblies are the same as a 2000-2004 Mercedes SLK320 (also A Lot in Florida.

Only real difference is tires are a lot cheaper for an SLK.

Both have fanatical forums and there are many on Craigslist. Apparently you have a coupe but six-speed or automagic ?

ps cmy cars are younger than I am and can take any to LaLaLand with a few hours prep and that includes the 70 (but needs lots of 93) and two that are old enough to vote. 14 is nothing if cared for.

Last edited by Padgett; 10-06-2017 at 07:07 PM.