Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

65k miles - service?

Old 10-11-2017, 02:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 65k miles - service?

Looking for advice on what service needs to be performed. Just hit the 65k mile mark. Bought the car with about 50k miles, not sure what maintanence was done before that point. Have done oil/filter changes myself but nothing else.

Should I consider spark plug replacement? Transmission fluid? Do I need to take it to a Mercedes specialty shop or should a regular mechanic be able to handle it just fine?

Thanks guys!

Old 10-11-2017, 07:57 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: 65k miles - service?

If you’re unsure of the prior service history, I would recommend replacing all fluids (trans/diff, antifreeze, P/S, brakes) and the air, fuel & cabin filters. Plugs are good for 100K or 5 years per the owner’s manual.
Any good indie German auto shop in SE Fl should be able to perform these services if you chose not to DIY.

Last edited by harbor; 10-11-2017 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:52 AM
Administrator
Received 879 Likes on 685 Posts
Default Re: 65k miles - service?

Provided the right fluids are used, I think most shops can handle it.

There is a place called "Glovers Garage" near me, five brothers and sons who are car people, and they do any work I do not do myself (or the ATL group does not do at tech days). I take the fluids I want them to use, so I know they are using the right stuff (probably unnecessary but I do anyway) and they charge me $90 per hour flat rate.

My car is an 07, not sure what was done before, so recently, at around 40,000 miles, mine got coolant, brake and differential fluids changed. Coming soon - manual transmission oil and clutch fluid. I've been wondering about power steering fluid as well....