Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

battery induced boo boo

Old 10-25-2017, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery induced boo boo

hello to all, i was jump starting my bros car , and i hooked the cables on my nattery, then the pos on his battery and ground the neg to the body

Old 10-25-2017, 10:04 PM
Default Re: battery induced boo boo

these little mssg boxes got me confused. so we got the battery all connected, and nothing works. sp i'm assuming its not grounding good, so my bro connects the batterys straight up. i told him u could do damage to either car.well to make a long story short, my air was on in my car during all this. now when i turn on my vair, that lil green lite on the swirch, is red now..i'm afraid to run it.. it still blows, not sure if variable speeds and i think it may have started to blow cool, but i didnt want to fully run it until i ran it by you guys, and maybe get some good advice.. anyway, thanx for listening..

Old 10-25-2017, 11:23 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by charles921545
these little mssg boxes got me confused. so we got the battery all connected, and nothing works. sp i'm assuming its not grounding good, so my bro connects the batterys straight up. i told him u could do damage to either car.well to make a long story short, my air was on in my car during all this. now when i turn on my vair, that lil green lite on the swirch, is red now..i'm afraid to run it.. it still blows, not sure if variable speeds and i think it may have started to blow cool, but i didnt want to fully run it until i ran it by you guys, and maybe get some good advice.. anyway, thanx for listening..
You are confused, the AC light in the switch is always red, never was green or sky blue, white or whatever.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
You are confused, the AC light in the switch is always red, never was green or sky blue, white or whatever.
Could the green, be from when the dash lights are on?

Old 10-26-2017, 02:52 AM

thanx, steve jr. but my air has been on , 95% of the time, not t
intended to disbeleive you, but mine , always green. thats why i was trippin when i seen it red..i've only owned mine 7-8 months, so it's all new to me.i just drove it and, door windows, spoiler, are malfunctioning..i tried to explain, all the electrical relays, fuzes, etc, etc. and that i'm always, leary of doing anything electrical. well, sreve jr, thanx again for your help...

Old 10-26-2017, 12:00 PM

At this point , with your spoiler malfunctioning , go to any auto parts an have them test the battery an the alternator. Free service and will rule out both.

Old 10-26-2017, 12:18 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by charles921545
thanx, steve jr. but my air has been on , 95% of the time, not t
intended to disbeleive you, but mine , always green. thats why i was trippin when i seen it red..i've only owned mine 7-8 months, so it's all new to me.i just drove it and, door windows, spoiler, are malfunctioning..i tried to explain, all the electrical relays, fuzes, etc, etc. and that i'm always, leary of doing anything electrical. well, sreve jr, thanx again for your help...
The AC switch light and recirc lights are red and the rear window defrost switch shows orange when they are in operation. The AC and recirc buttons show red plastic when not lit, no green in mine at any time.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:51 AM

well, steve jr, i was thinking about the way my car was acting, so i came up with an idea, next morning i went out, tried my idea, and it worked..maybe you can index it, in crossfire problems, repairs, erc,etc.ok, someone needs a jump start, so you proceed to help, and when you're done, you notice certain things are malfunctioning.. now mine were, the spoiler, both windows, and my ac on/off lite, turned from green to red, so i'm thinking they're not really connected in anyway, so i thought if i disconnect the battery (i'm new at alot of this) for aminute or so, it would, 'reboot' the computer, and maybe that'll work. well, i did, and it did.horray to me! and hopefully some one, may benefit from this.. i apologize for any typos.. good luck..

Old 10-28-2017, 10:56 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad it's all working again....!

Old 10-28-2017, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The AC switch light and recirc lights are red and the rear window defrost switch shows orange when they are in operation. The AC and recirc buttons show red plastic when not lit, no green in mine at any time.
Your right Dave, for some reason my brain was stuck on, illumination colors. Pushing the button never crossed my mind...lol. "Things that make u go , duhhh!".

Old 10-28-2017, 11:28 AM

Were all glad your back on the road Charles.