CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Key fob not working (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/79413-key-fob-not-working.html)

Crossfire1993 12-13-2018 12:08 PM

Key fob not working

Hey guys my key fob just stopped working. I replaced the battery and still no. I don’t know if maybe it needs to be reset or re activated. Any solutions on how to do that or who to get in contact with? the dealership is asking 300$ to fix

GraphiteGhost 12-13-2018 01:06 PM

Re: Key fob not working

Originally Posted by Crossfire1993 (Post 916217)
Hey guys my key fob just stopped working. I replaced the battery and still no. I don’t know if maybe it needs to be reset or re activated. Any solutions on how to do that or who to get in contact with? the dealership is asking 300$ to fix

:confused: Check again, the direction of the batteries (and 2 each). Then you have to make sure the FOB is sync'ed to the car for the doors to work. Do a search on how to do this, maybe 'sync key fob?' Am wondering if the FOB worked before changing the batteries? Good luck on this issue. :confused:

pizzaguy 12-13-2018 02:16 PM

Insert key in ignition.
Turn to "on" (not accessory)
Press either button twice.

Turn key off, remove and test function of lock/unlock.

Then, send me the $300.

maggy55 12-13-2018 02:27 PM

If nothing works , you might try disconnecting you car battery for a few minutes, then reconnect it. If the remote is bad, you can get used ones on ebay and reprogram them , but you have to move the rfid chip from your current remote to the new one.

Crossfire1993 12-13-2018 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost (Post 916221)
:confused: Check again, the direction of the batteries (and 2 each). Then you have to make sure the FOB is sync'ed to the car for the doors to work. Do a search on how to do this, maybe 'sync key fob?' Am wondering if the FOB worked before changing the batteries? Good luck on this issue. :confused:

yes it was than it just randomly stopped so o replaced the battery and still no 🤷*♂️😩

Crossfire1993 12-13-2018 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 916223)
Insert key in ignition.
Turn to "on" (not accessory)
Press either button twice.

Turn key off, remove and test function of lock/unlock.

Then, send me the $300.

lol I’m going to give it try and see if that works thanks

onehundred80 12-13-2018 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Crossfire1993 (Post 916217)

If the batteries die and are not replaced pretty quickly the memory in the fob fails and needs to be reset as described.
Pressing the open or the close button from too far away from the car will require the fob to be reset.

blackcrossfire07 12-15-2018 07:26 PM

If the battery in the key fob goes bad, will you have trouble starting the car? I am having issues starting the car after it has sat for a couple weeks. The battery on the car is great. The engine turns and turns but it won't start. Once it starts the car runs great and will start up every time. Just wondering if maybe my battery in the fob is the problem. I owned the car 14 years and I don't I ever replaced it.

blackcrossfire07 12-15-2018 07:27 PM

And it is good to see you are still hanging around one hundred! :)

pizzaguy 12-15-2018 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 916230)
Pressing the open or the close button from too far away from the car will require the fob to be reset.

That is a tidbit from the manual that far too few of us know about.

I am convinced that has caused some of the odd little issues over the years.

pizzaguy 12-15-2018 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07 (Post 916302)
If the battery in the key fob goes bad, will you have trouble starting the car? .

No. The battery-operated transmitter for the lock/unock/panic functions is one thing.

Once you insert the key and turn it to "ON", the SKREEM powers up and energizes the ring around the key, energy is radiated to the RFID chip in the key, the RFID responds with a TINY RF (radio) signal, that has a code in it the SKREEM uses to know that the key is authentic. Power for this function, again, comes from the antenna ring.

ala_xfire 12-15-2018 08:44 PM

Do I have this right Mark ?
There's AM, FM, VHF, UHF and now TINY RF. Is that a NASA rocket science thing ?

pizzaguy 12-16-2018 12:01 AM

Now quite - this is how it is:

AM and FM are modulation techniques. (As are CW, FSK, C4FM, LSM...)
VHF and UHF are wavelengths. (As are LF, MF and HF (known as shortwave), Microwave...)
But............
TINY is a signal level. (It goes like this: imperceptible, tiny, very very weak, very weak, weak, moderate, strong, intense and bodacious* )

*1970's era CBer's came up with "bodacious" as applied to signal levels. :)

JSK 12-16-2018 12:09 AM

It is amazing how many tidbits of knowledge I gain from this site.

ala_xfire 12-16-2018 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 916321)
Now quite - this is how it is:

AM and FM are modulation techniques. (As are CW, FSK, C4FM, LSM...)
VHF and UHF are wavelengths. (As are LF, MF and HF (known as shortwave), Microwave...)
But............
TINY is a signal level. (It goes like this: imperceptible, tiny, very very weak, very weak, weak, moderate, strong, intense and bodacious* )

*1970's era CBer's came up with "bodacious" as applied to signal levels. :)

10-4 good buddy. Keep the shiny side up !

Hindin 12-16-2018 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by JSK (Post 916322)
It is amazing how many tidbits of knowledge I gain from this site.

Okay, I'll bite. How big is a tidbit?

ala_xfire 12-16-2018 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Hindin (Post 916326)
Okay, I'll bite. How big is a tidbit?

Will fit between a scosch bit and a tiny bit

Hindin 12-16-2018 09:14 PM

Got it. So it's a scosch bit, tidbit, tiny bit, bit, bigger bit, biggest bit, and bodacious bit. Thanks :p

pizzaguy 12-16-2018 10:14 PM

But when does a bit become a byte? :)

ala_xfire 12-16-2018 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 916365)
But when does a bit become a byte? :)

Whenever a Corona gets it's lime.