CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Paint condition (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/80440-paint-condition.html)

Michael Andrews 07-11-2019 04:58 AM

Paint condition

As I have never purchased a used car more than five years old, I am not sure what constitutes normal when looking at the condition of the paint for an 11 to 14 year old car

- many stone chips and white marks on the hood and front of the front fenders
- small dent on the lip of the rear fender, probably from a door ding

Would you buy a car with these paint flaws or it it normal?

Thanks

zip439 07-11-2019 06:23 AM

Re: Paint condition

Sounds like normal were and tear. Wether you purchase such a car is strictly up to you. Be advised you can't take it to a dealership for any maintenance. Some independent European import garages will have the knowledge to work on them, but it is much better to learn the car and do it yourself. These are great machines. Made by Mercedes in Germany.
I have had my 2005 for ten years now and take very good care of it, but I drive it and consequently it to has the paint chips on the front. Headlights can be easily polished clean to look brand new if that is necessary.

Romad 11-04-2020 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Andrews (Post 926118)
As I have never purchased a used car more than five years old, I am not sure what constitutes normal when looking at the condition of the paint for an 11 to 14 year old car
Thanks

I don't think there is a "normal" when buying used cars. Different owner's take care of their cars well and some don't. Just have the check over the car and see if it is worth it to you to fix the various faults. Every car will have it's own particular issues.

Romad 11-06-2020 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Andrews (Post 926118)
Thanks

As far as stone chips I guess it comes down to what part of the country or area that the car was used. There are still a lot of country roads that aren't paved. If the rest of the car is solid and and your getting it at a good price then maybe it's worth spending money on a paint job. "Maybe" you could get just the front end painted under $2000. Thats' s good negotiating item for reduced price.