CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Instructions on how to replace alarm siren (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/84934-instructions-how-replace-alarm-siren.html)

nickwe21 07-02-2022 12:07 AM

Instructions on how to replace alarm siren

Is there a video/instructions on how to replace alarm? Pictures or video and where to buy part would be awesome.

Thanks very much.

Nick

ZERACER 07-02-2022 09:40 AM

Re: Instructions on how to replace alarm siren

Index of Crossfire problems and repairs - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

onehundred80 07-02-2022 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by nickwe21 (Post 969953)
Is there a video/instructions on how to replace alarm? Pictures or video and where to buy part would be awesome.

Thanks very much.

Nick

This is not too specific but it tells you how to do it, it is really about adding the grommet around the windshield wiper stem.
It explains how to take off the cowl, once this is done you can see the siren, unplug and unscrew it.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...wiper-stem.pdf

Valk 07-02-2022 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by nickwe21 (Post 969953)

Thanks very much.

Nick

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/865063-post3.html

nickwe21 07-04-2022 11:04 AM

Thank you to all of you. I took off the panel underneath the windshield wipers on my NA this weekend to clean all the debris and make sure the drains are clear. With your help, I was able to see the siren. Went ahead and ordered the updated one with the chirp from Bosch.
So once it gets here I'm going to install it in my SRT Roadster. But man oh man was it a ***** to remove those windshield wipers 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

GraphiteGhost 07-04-2022 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by nickwe21 (Post 970031)
Thank you to all of you. I took off the panel underneath the windshield wipers on my NA this weekend to clean all the debris and make sure the drains are clear. With your help, I was able to see the siren. Went ahead and ordered the updated one with the chirp from Bosch.
So once it gets here I'm going to install it in my SRT Roadster. But man oh man was it a ***** to remove those windshield wipers 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

:) Yes, quite the experience. When you reassemble, be real careful where you place the tubing and wiring you removed/moved. You do not want to 'pinch' either. One may result in squirting fluid where it doesn't belong, the other may result in a blown fuse somewhere. :)

ZERACER 07-04-2022 12:56 PM

A small puller makes removing the wipers a breeze.

onehundred80 07-04-2022 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost (Post 970035)
:) Yes, quite the experience. When you reassemble, be real careful where you place the tubing and wiring you removed/moved. You do not want to 'pinch' either. One may result in squirting fluid where it doesn't belong, the other may result in a blown fuse somewhere. :)

The nozzles can be cleaned in place just by unclipping cover and adjusted with a pin in the nozzle hole when they are clipped back in place. It is a good idea to run some fluid through the tubes before putting the nozzles back in place.

nickwe21 07-06-2022 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost (Post 970035)

I take it you are speaking from experience here?? 😂😂😂

nickwe21 07-06-2022 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80 (Post 970051)
The nozzles can be cleaned in place just by unclipping cover and adjusted with a pin in the nozzle hole when they are clipped back in place. It is a good idea to run some fluid through the tubes before putting the nozzles back in place.

That's a great point! I realize my windshield washer nozzle on my srt6 on the right side doesn't work at all. Maybe once I have the alarm siren and take the coil apart that will shed more light on it but could it be it's just clogged?
I know previous owner removed the siren all together so now it makes me wonder if he perhaps forgot to plug the nozzle/wires back in correctly.
Otherwise just use pins on the nozzle and compressed air to blow our debris maybe?

GraphiteGhost 07-06-2022 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by nickwe21 (Post 970088)
I take it you are speaking from experience here?? 😂😂😂

:) :) :) Not at all, I just remember all the different things I had to move around when I purchased the new chirping siren and opened up the cowl (which HAD to be carefully placed back into their place of course). During that first opening of the cowl area, I also reinstalled the OEM siren in the engine compartment between the heat shield and the box with all the electronics (attached onto the compartment at the RCM location). Since that 'double siren' install (chirping under the cowl & non-chirping in engine compartment) I've replaced BOTH siren battery sets. The OEM was 2 small batteries soldered onto the PCB (which was partially corroded but successfully cleaned up, completely), the chirping siren was one modular battery plugged into the PCB. Both 'repairs' were an interesting repair that saved hundreds. When both are triggered, words cannot express the 'noise' (depending on the surroundings). Sometimes, projects do not go as planned but this one went superb! :)

GraphiteGhost 07-06-2022 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by nickwe21 (Post 970089)
.....and compressed air to blow our debris maybe?

:( I wouldn't... The pressure used (if not very low) could damage any fittings along the 'lines' IF BLOCKED. Best to carefully 'back flush' with very low pressure below the pump pressure output WITH one or more hoses 'open' so that any little flapper 'valves' that might be in the system (because if there is one and you reverse flow, you might damage it). These little washer fluid hoses aren't designed to hold any pressure since the one end is always open to atmosphere. Anyway, sometimes going slow but sure guarantees a better result in general. :(

nickwe21. 07-07-2022 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost (Post 970128)
:( I wouldn't... The pressure used (if not very low) could damage any fittings along the 'lines' IF BLOCKED. Best to carefully 'back flush' with very low pressure below the pump pressure output WITH one or more hoses 'open' so that any little flapper 'valves' that might be in the system (because if there is one and you reverse flow, you might damage it). These little washer fluid hoses aren't designed to hold any pressure since the one end is always open to atmosphere. Anyway, sometimes going slow but sure guarantees a better result in general. :(

Should get the siren from FCP Euro this weekend. I'm going to hopefully go to work on it then. Going to see what's going on with the right side of the washer. I know previous owner had the cowl off cause he removed the whole siren including the metal bracket it was attached with. And maybe he didn't plug in the little plug that makes the windshield washer work. Going to check and if that doesn't help I'll get a pin and just poke through the nozzle because then it's probably just plugged up and I'll run some water through it.