CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Coupe (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/)
-   -   Best Waterproof Cover??? Help! (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-coupe/86343-best-waterproof-cover-help.html)

jasonk931 08-29-2023 11:17 AM

Best Waterproof Cover??? Help!

Looking for a great cover that is strong, durable, and waterproof. Anyone have experience in this area for a fitted version for my 2006 Limited Coupe?

Ronman 08-29-2023 11:28 AM

Re: Best Waterproof Cover??? Help!

Originally Posted by jasonk931 (Post 982481)
Looking for a great cover that is strong, durable, and waterproof. Anyone have experience in this area for a fitted version for my 2006 Limited Coupe?

Since it has been 3 hours since your posted the same question, you had to post again? Why can't you just search on the forum or on google?

jasonk931 08-29-2023 11:31 AM

My apologies. I didn't see that my post went through on other thread as I was mobile. I'll erase immediately.

The main reason I am posting on here is the threads are over 10 years old and covers have changed quite a bit. Just wondering if someone with a Crossfire might have found a specific one as I have gone through many with other cars that have been awful. I was hoping someone on here might have stumbled on a great one at a good price. Cheers.

Ronman 08-29-2023 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by jasonk931 (Post 982483)
My apologies. I didn't see that my post went through on other thread as I was mobile. I'll erase immediately.

The main reason I am posting on here is the threads are over 10 years old and covers have changed quite a bit. Just wondering if someone with a Crossfire might have found a specific one as I have gone through many with other cars that have been awful. I was hoping someone on here might have stumbled on a great one at a good price. Cheers.

Not true!!! There are two threads in less than 2 months that both say carcovers.com is very good.

https://www.carcover.com/chrysler/cr...pe-2-door.html

jasonk931 08-29-2023 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ronman (Post 982484)
Not true!!! There are two threads in less than 2 months that both say carcovers.com is very good.

https://www.carcover.com/chrysler/cr...pe-2-door.html

I did not see those so thank you for that info. On a side note...for future posting, kindness goes a long way to effect change. Your replies seem very angry and frustrated. My sincere apologies if I have produced this. I'm a 50 year old man with some patience, and I very rarely post on this forum. But, replies like yours are a great way to keep folks from ever posting. Cheers.

pizzaguy 08-29-2023 12:12 PM

It's called a Garage. I tried the 'car cover' mistake, they trap dust and attract ants, etc. The environment under the cover seems to appeal to spiders, ants, and even rodents.
I gave up and rented a storage unit for the two years I had no place to store the car. I got a deal the first year, $50 a month by paying a year in advance, it went to $99 a month after that, but in another year I was in a house with a garage and to this day, my 07 looks like it is new. ;)

Totally worth it.

ALSO: The search function here SUCKS and should be removed from the options on the site. This forum runs on a version of software that simply does not support searching. Look for my "New Members looking for technical help" link below and click on "CLICK HERE". I go into how to use GOOGLE to search THIS SITE and it works pretty darn good. When I must look for something I KNOW is here, that is how I find it.

Ronman 08-29-2023 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 982486)
It's called a Garage. I tried the 'car cover' mistake, they trap dust and attract ants, etc. The environment under the cover seems to appeal to spiders, ants, and even rodents.
I gave up and rented a storage unit for the two years I had no place to store the car. I got a deal the first year, $50 a month by paying a year in advance, it went to $99 a month after that, but in another year I was in a house with a garage and to this day, my 07 looks like it is new. ;)

Totally worth it.

ALSO: The search function here SUCKS and should be removed from the options on the site. This forum runs on a version of software that simply does not support searching. Look for my "New Members looking for technical help" link below and click on "CLICK HERE". I go into how to use GOOGLE to search THIS SITE and it works pretty darn good. When I must look for something I KNOW is here, that is how I find it.

I found those 2 threads searching on this forum for car cover. It does suck but not always.

xintersecty 08-29-2023 01:16 PM

My review:
Car Cover Gold

pizzaguy 08-29-2023 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ronman (Post 982487)
I found those 2 threads searching on this forum for car cover. It does suck but not always.

There are four things that are worthless in this life:

1) Car Covers
2) The search feature on this forum.
3) The weather forecast from two days ago.
4) Political promises.

:)

copperfieldkid 08-29-2023 03:54 PM

pizzaguy, you forgot to add Politicians.....(#4 is close tho) - CFK

dedwards0323 08-31-2023 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by jasonk931 (Post 982481)

I have a CoverKing Class 2 Silverguard on my 2007 Limited Coupe. Does a nice job of protecting car since it is parked outside in the driveway.