Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

signature hawking

Old 11-03-2005, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default signature hawking

I have noticed several members hawking wares in their post or signature. I am surprised this sort of thing is tolerated in this forum.

Does anyone else feel there should be a better place for this?
This type of marketing would be prohibitive on other forums.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:43 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: signature hawking

Why would it be frowned upon? Julian has banner ads on the website...

Old 11-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This forum is tolerant of a lot of things. Look at the gallery.
After I see someone's signature and there's nothing I'm interested in, I don't even pay attention to it. I don't think it's a big deal. The forum IS a place to get information, right?

Old 11-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Forum Regular

...if people are hawking anything related to our Crossfires, that's good. For these cars, there are very few places one can go to get aftermarket wares. One of the reasons for belonging to this club (IMO) is to learn about sources for parts, and hear about peoples' experiences using them. And, in case you are wondering, those laser cut emblems you've probably seen advertised are gorgeous.

My previous ride had a lot of aftermarket stuff on it (header, intake, exhaust, lowering springs, upsized wheels and tires, special domestic market trim pieces, etc). It too was a rather obscure car (Protege5), and if it wasn't for the support of friends on Protege.com (now Mazda3club.com). I would not have been exposed to all of the options out there. By the way, some of the best stuff I bought was from other members on that club or from sources somehow affiliated with the club.

Last edited by juddz; 11-04-2005 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Forum Regular
Arrow Re: signature hawking

I don't have a problem with it because like it was said previously, the isn't alot out there for our cars and if someone has something, have at it!

Old 11-04-2005, 02:35 PM

I, also have no problem with this. To the best of my knowledge the buyers seem content with their purchases.

Old 11-04-2005, 02:40 PM

I received some emblems from Daniel Root and they are extremely well made. If the products were defective or the member never completed the sell by sending the item; then it would be a problem. At least on this forum the members seem to be honest.

Old 11-04-2005, 02:52 PM

No, I see nothing wrong selling things on the forum. I also got emblems from Dan, as long as you get what you pay for. I know there people who are not honest out there so please be careful.

Old 11-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't see it as a problem, but more as another source for information and/or products available.

Old 11-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Forum Regular

I have purchased both the vinyl emblems and dans emblems and have had no issues with either seller, both provided quality product and great pricing. I chose the vinyl decals as I did not want to remove the factory emblems and I liked the steering wheel emblem that andrew provided. Dan refunded my money very quickly when I returned them and Andrew was there for technical support on installation of the vinyl decals, and I have some beach front property I would like to sell you.

Old 11-04-2005, 06:55 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Irafatsar
I have purchased both the vinyl emblems and dans emblems and have had no issues with either seller, both provided quality product and great pricing. I chose the vinyl decals as I did not want to remove the factory emblems and I liked the steering wheel emblem that andrew provided. Dan refunded my money very quickly when I returned them and Andrew was there for technical support on installation of the vinyl decals, and I have some beach front property I would like to sell you.
Same here. I have both too. But I kept all. I like to have the choice. Both guys provided best service and support. Thanks again for that.

Old 11-04-2005, 07:46 PM

parts / accessories for sale forum? Hmmm...

I do find it somewhat of a joke to have the "Turbonator" among others sold as if it is endorsed by this forum.

Old 11-05-2005, 01:27 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by typhoon55
parts / accessories for sale forum? Hmmm...

I do find it somewhat of a joke to have the "Turbonator" among others sold as if it is endorsed by this forum.
Thank-you Captain Obvious.

Old 11-05-2005, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by juddz
Thank-you Captain Obvious.
thx for compliment but actually this could be mis-leading for some...I have not yet found anyone happy with their turbonator purchase.

I guess you have one -

Old 11-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Forum Regular

thx for compliment but actually this could be mis-leading for some....I have not yet found anyone happy with their turbonator purchase.

I guess you have one -
That garbage doesn't work. There is no legitimate engineering reason why it would. Perhaps my attempt at sarcasm was misconstrued?

Old 11-05-2005, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by juddz
That garbage doesn't work. There is no legitimate engineering reason why it would. Perhaps my attempt at sarcasm was misconstrued?
This is exactly why this forums tolerance to allow such garbage reflects poorly on the legitimacy of the rest of it! Why would this forum allow it? There should be a line drawn at
snake oil!
I guess the standards are different - much lower than what I see on other forums.

How can one take this forum seriously with frankly embarrassing products being prominently displayed?

Old 11-05-2005, 02:31 PM
Forum Regular

What do you expect of a forum where the administrator held a bogus contest last year advertising a $1,000 prize, which he never paid the winner and has not been on line here since January.

I also wonder why no national or regional Crossfire clubs have been started? The XFI thing where you send in $10.00 for a sticker, I don't consider much of a club. With the lack of marketing in this car, I don't think we'll ever get DC behind any effort to start one either.

The original contest thread:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...nouncementid=2

The winner brought his thread back to the top last month, still without any replies from the administrator or moderators.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...?t=6949&page=1

Take this forum for what it is, good, bad and everything else in between.

Last edited by ben47; 11-05-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Forum Regular

I saw a post from mightyjr like a week ago, this forum resides down some dark side alley of the internet. beware... lol

Old 11-06-2005, 12:16 AM
Forum Regular

btw I never saw anything about a turbonator 34 spam.

Old 11-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Smile Re: signature hawking

This is exactly why this forums tolerance to allow such garbage reflects poorly on the legitimacy of the rest of it! Why would this forum allow it? There should be a line drawn at
snake oil!
I guess the standards are different - much lower than what I see on other forums.

How can one take this forum seriously with frankly embarrassing products being prominently displayed?
You always have the option of NOT COMING BACK...oh, and BTW: This illegitimate crap makes sure you don't have to pay to come in...

Maybe I should quote sarcastic remarks in my signature...

Quick Reply: signature hawking