CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Events and Meets (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-events-meets/)
-   -   2nd Annual "Snake GTG" Johnson City, Tn. - June 29th-July 2nd (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-events-meets/77344-2nd-annual-snake-gtg-johnson-city-tn-june-29th-july-2nd.html)

Kleito 10-24-2017 05:42 AM

2nd Annual "Snake GTG" Johnson City, Tn. - June 29th-July 2nd

Hi Folks

I decided to organize another GTG at the "Snake". A great option for great rides and great company.
And no...this is not a CAA, Eureka Springs, or a Dragon alternative...

This is the "Snake"!

If you can make it, great.
If not, there is always a next time.
I will post more details shortly, until then let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers
Charlie

dedwards0323 10-24-2017 07:55 AM

re: 2nd Annual "Snake GTG" Johnson City, June 29th-July 1st

We're kinda interested in attending. We missed the event earlier this summer due to a China business trip I had to make.

Dennis E.

Kleito 10-24-2017 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323 (Post 896519)
We're kinda interested in attending. We missed the event earlier this summer due to a China business trip I had to make.

Dennis E.

That would be wonderful

I also organize a Pre-Tanksgiving Run on the 21st-23rd of November at the same Location.

Crystal 10-25-2017 01:17 PM

Would love to attend, but this conflicts with our current vacation plans. That might change, we'll see.

pizzaguy 10-25-2017 08:51 PM

I'll be there (next year, you know I have the kids coming down in November.)

JSK 10-26-2017 01:31 AM

re: 2nd Annual "Snake GTG" Johnson City, Tn. - June 29th-July 1st

Is Johnson City in Tennessee?

Steve Jr 10-26-2017 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by JSK (Post 896695)
Is Johnson City in Tennessee?

Y, yes it is, y'all welcome!

RED DOG 10-31-2017 09:35 AM

Hi Charlie, Cindy and I are planning to join you at The Snake again, We'll be heading over there after Crossfire Fun in the Ozarks (Round 3) Eureka Springs so we will be arriving on schedule . . . June 29th. We had a great time there with everyone and the roads are twisty fun and uncrowded. Look forward to doing an instant re-play. Are we doing the same hotel?? . . . Holiday Inn Johnson City TN?? https://m.ihg.com/hotels/holidayinn/...-_-USA-_-JNCWS Thanks, Bob & Cindy . . . :cool: :p

Kleito 10-31-2017 10:06 AM

Re: 2nd Annual "Snake GTG" Johnson City TN, June 29th-July 1st

Originally Posted by RED DOG (Post 896928)
Hi Charlie, Cindy and I are planning to join you at The Snake again, We'll be heading over there after Crossfire Fun in the Ozarks (Round 3) Eureka Springs so we will be arriving on schedule . . . June 29th. We had a great time there with everyone and the roads are twisty fun and uncrowded. Look forward to doing an instant re-play. Are we doing the same hotel?? . . . Holiday Inn Johnson City TN?? https://m.ihg.com/hotels/holidayinn/...-_-USA-_-JNCWS Thanks, Bob & Cindy . . . :cool: :p

Wonderful!!
Maybe i can arrange this time that we can go into the Infield at Bristol Motorspeedway...that would be awesome.
Yes, same Hotel

Holiday Inn Johnson City TN

Valk 01-01-2018 10:43 PM

re: 2nd Annual "Snake GTG" Johnson City, Tn. - June 29th-July 2nd

Happy New Year everyone
Hope to see many more here attend the "Snake GTG" in June !!

Kleito 01-06-2018 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Valk (Post 899473)
Happy New Year everyone
Hope to see many more here attend the "Snake GTG" in June !!

Thanks Gary!

Contract for rooms are signed
Will submit more details shortly

Cheers
Charlie

dedwards0323 01-06-2018 08:36 AM

This is a really great weekend GTG. But with Eureka Springs occurring the week prior to this weekend, it's just a bit too much to drive back from Arkansas to join up with the owners attending. I know others have done it, but it is just a bit too much for us. If there was a week separation between events, we'd attend both. But that's just me talking.

We probably won't attend Eureka Springs every year, and when we don't, we most likely will participate in the Snake event. And there will be others that attend the Snake GTG and not Eureka Springs. That area of NC/TN is really fun to drive around in.

It's good to have events occurring where folks have options to attend.

Kleito 01-25-2018 09:54 AM

Hi Folks

The Rooms are locked and you can sign in.
Room rate is $95 including breakfast.
Please refer to the Group rate " The Snake"
Cut off date is 06/09/2018, after that regular rates apply
Contact the Hotel durectly to lock the rate in

Holiday Inn Johnson City
101 West Springbrook Drive, Johnson City, TN37604
Phone 423-282-4611 Fax:423-283-4869

Please let me know when your traveldates are that i have a better overview:

kleito / - Charlie, Kennesaw,GA Arrive: 6/29 Leave:7/02
Mark D. Mark,Kempten Germany Arrive: 6/29 Leave:7/02
Osofast2 Ray and Mikka. TN Arrive: 6/29 Leave:7/02
Tar Heel David Dave and Mary, Charlotte NC Arrive: 6/29 Leave:7/02

RED DOG 01-27-2018 10:54 AM

Re: 2nd Annual "Snake GTG" Johnson City, Tn. - June 29th-July 2nd

Originally Posted by dedwards0323 (Post 899635)
This is a really great weekend GTG. But with Eureka Springs occurring the week prior to this weekend, it's just a bit too much to drive back from Arkansas to join up with the owners attending. I know others have done it, but it is just a bit too much for us. If there was a week separation between events, we'd attend both. But that's just me talking.

We probably won't attend Eureka Springs every year, and when we don't, we most likely will participate in the Snake event. And there will be others that attend the Snake GTG and not Eureka Springs. That area of NC/TN is really fun to drive around in.

It's good to have events occurring where folks have options to attend.

Hey Dennis, I'm confused by your post. Leaving Eureka Springs and heading to The Snake in Johnson City TN is pretty much right on your way home?? We leave Eureka Springs early morning Friday 06/29 and check-in Johnson City TN that evening. A couple days at The Snake and then home. It's a great area and Charlie Schmidt is a great host. You're only about two hours from home. Seems like a perfect fit for you??!!

Kleito 01-28-2018 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by RED DOG (Post 900724)
Hey Dennis, I'm confused by your post. Leaving Eureka Springs and heading to The Snake in Johnson City TN is pretty much right on your way home?? We leave Eureka Springs early morning Friday 06/29 and check-in Johnson City TN that evening. A couple days at The Snake and then home. It's a great area and Charlie Schmidt is a great host. You're only about two hours from home. Seems like a perfect fit for you??!!

Thanks for your support Bob!
I might get us into the infield at Bristol Speedway this year...))

dedwards0323 01-28-2018 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by RED DOG (Post 900724)

Yeah Bob, I know it looks very doable. But we weren't planning on driving that far on Friday. I may still give it some thought. And you're right, the Snake event is really close to home for us.

Later,

RED DOG 02-12-2018 11:50 AM

We made our hotel reservations today! Arriving June 29th Departing July 2nd. Cindy and I are looking forward to enjoying another fun visit running around with some Crossfire friends at The Snake! :cool: :p

Kleito 02-13-2018 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by RED DOG (Post 901429)
We made our hotel reservations today! Arriving June 29th Departing July 2nd. Cindy and I are looking forward to enjoying another fun visit running around with some Crossfire friends at The Snake! :cool: :p

Wonderful!

pizzaguy 02-14-2018 06:46 PM

I am 100% sure I won't be there. :(
Looks like I'll be at Eureka Springs, tho. :)

And this spring Dragon will be my car's last. (Not MY last Dragon, but my CAR's last Dragon.)

Larry Hitze 02-14-2018 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy (Post 901553)
I am 100% sure I won't be there. :(
Looks like I'll be at Eureka Springs, tho. :)

And this spring Dragon will be my car's last. (Not MY last Dragon, but my CAR's last Dragon.)

Mark might I ask why this will be your cars last Dragon? I am curious.