Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

Crossfire Fun in the Ozarks (Round 3) / Eureka Springs, Arkansas / June 24-28, 2018

Old 04-10-2018, 11:13 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Fun in the Ozarks (Round 3) / Eureka Springs, Arkansas / June 24-28, 20

Steaks are ready...

Old 04-11-2018, 06:39 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Fun in the Ozarks (Round 3) / Eureka Springs, Arkansas / June 24-28, 20

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Steaks are ready...
Does this mean that you and Sherrie will be joining the fun with us in Eureka Springs??

Last edited by RED DOG; 04-11-2018 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:37 AM
Received 514 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Hi Wayne, Happy to know you're excited to return to Eureka Springs. We're still getting the various "runs" organized . . . We'll be sure to help celebrate your birthday! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Best personal regards,
Bob Davis (Red Dog)
Food for Thought - I've attached a copy of a route used by the Biker Groups. Leaves Eureka Springs, taking back roads up & thru Branson, MO. That way we can make a spectacle of ourselves! Then heads East over to Peel Ferry and heads south to Bull Shoals Lake. After stopping for some rest time at the Lake's Visitor Center, heads back west to Eureka Springs. Somewhat of a long trip, but the bikers say it's an enjoyable road trip.

Attached Files
Old 04-11-2018, 08:53 AM
Administrator
Received 877 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Food for Thought - I've attached a copy of a route used by the Biker Groups. Leaves Eureka Springs, taking back roads up & thru Branson, MO......
That's the one that was on a brochure at a restaurant that Thorn's wife saw. We ran it counterclockwise, Andy led (this was in 2015).

It's my second favorite run, first was the shorter of the runs that we did going south to St. Paul, then over to Deer, then back up 7 to Jasper and on to Harrison, then 62 back to ES.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
That's the one that was on a brochure at a restaurant that Thorn's wife saw. We ran it counterclockwise, Andy led (this was in 2015).

It's my second favorite run, first was the shorter of the runs that we did going south to St. Paul, then over to Deer, then back up 7 to Jasper and on to Harrison, then 62 back to ES.
I think I was in the group you led on that 2nd run. If it was, I was the only Coupe riding along with Roadsters. That road trip was a good one.

Here's the website of Biker Routes in the Eureka Springs area: Eureka Biker Routes

Old 04-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Does this mean that you and Sherrie will be joining the fun with us in Eureka Springs??
Our "new found" responsibility won't let us do a full week.. but if some days off fall right it's close enough to run over and say hi.. better than "wish we were there"...

Old 04-14-2018, 08:18 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Fun in the Ozarks (Round 3) / Eureka Springs AR / June 24-28, 2018

KDW4Him - Klay & Kathy - Alma, MI

Please remove us from the list...

If things change we will get back on....

Old 04-15-2018, 10:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please remove Mary and me from the list.
Circumstances beyond our control. I am disappointed but we just can't come then.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Well, as it turns out, I may not be moved by then.

But ya know what? I'll just go anyway and maybe drive down to Dallas after, store the car, and fly home.

Old 04-15-2018, 06:43 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Well, as it turns out, I may not be moved by then.

But ya know what? I'll just go anyway and maybe drive down to Dallas after, store the car, and fly home.
Now that's an idea that makes sense - Ya need to drive it to Dallas anyway
You still have another vehicle back in Georgia to drive until ya move to Dallas right ?

Old 04-15-2018, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Of course, "Avril" is my daily driver - "Lorelai" does not get out much....

(The door ding on the car is really a photoshop goof...)

Last edited by pizzaguy; 04-15-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:49 PM

Hello all . . .
It's time to get signed up for our Crossfire Fun in the Ozarks (Round 3) event!
For those of you already signed up, please review post #3 in this thread regarding the group meals at this event.
Thanks,
Bob Davis (Red Dog)

Looking forward to seeing this event grow even larger in attendance !!!
Take a look at the first 3 posts in this thread and plan to come join us for a week of fun in the Ozarks in June

Post #1 has hotel info and more
Post #2 has the list of attendees
Post #3 has some info of interest to all who will be attending

Old 05-09-2018, 10:28 PM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Hello all . . . . Our host hotel has reminded me that the hold on our discounted block of rooms for Crossfire Fun in the Ozarks (Round 3) will expire after Friday 05-25-18. So . . . After that time "our" rooms will be released to the public and Crossfire attendees making a reservation after Friday May 25th may have to pay the full room rate. I urge you to make your reservation at the hotel before Friday May 25th.

Post #1 has hotel info and more
Post #2 has the list of attendees
Post #3 has some info of interest to all who will be attending

Thanks for the above links Valk!

Hope to see you in Eureka Springs . . .

Bob Davis (Red Dog)

Last edited by RED DOG; 05-09-2018 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:56 PM
Administrator

This week long meet features:

• ROADS - Winding roads similar to the Dragon, but generally less blind curves, higher speed capable, less LEO presence, less dumb-assed drivers, etc.
  • RUNS - Varied runs, the runs cover a lot of the northern part of the state, local guy John Two-Hawks takes us on some really good rides that are closer to the hotel, the scenery and little towns/shops we tour really make for a wonderful weekend.
  • FOOD - Eureka Springs is quite an experience; the city attracts chefs from all over the USA and they work in and/or own the restaurants in town. The food quality and variety are awesome and prices are reasonable.
  • SHOPPING and SIGHT SEEING - The city is OLD and has become quite the place to shop and explore. A trolley runs throughout the day so you can even get around if you don't care to go with your significant other on the runs.
  • VACATION TYPE STUFF - The city and area feature all sorts of attractions like bumper cars, the 'glass church' and tons of other interesting places to visit. Why do they call it "Eureka Springs" - because there are I-cant-remember-how-many free flowing springs in town. Nearby, "Roaring River State Park" is the source for the river - the water flows from a huge spring in the side of a hill (or mountain, depending on your definition....)

If you have never gone, go this time, at least. In my nine years of Crossfire ownership, this week is unlike any other event I've attended.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 05-10-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:25 AM

I couldn't agree more with what has been said here !!
Looking forward to going back for the 3rd time and also looking forward to a week with some great people and food
Don't miss the opportunity to join us all

Gary

Old 05-11-2018, 07:48 AM

I will join in on the accolades for this week-long event. Wife & I participated during the first visit to Eureka Springs when it was the CAA-06 event. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there, both with the runs we participated in (pizzaguy led us a really enjoyable drive thru some roadways & venues south of the city; he was familiar with the locale having worked there on a previous assignment; his commentary added that special extra to our cruise; I didn't even mind hanging with all those roadsters!!! HAHAHA!!! ) plus the restaurants & eateries throughout the city. We even took a trolley ride that carried us around the city so we could get an overview. The Crossfire group also arranged a couple of group activities:

1) The participants drove to the northern edge of the city & enjoyed a train ride that included some sight-seeing and a meal. Really a fun event.
2) Near the end of the week, we drove to a Harley dealership not too far away & enjoyed some BBQ and entertainment that was arranged for us. We were quite a spectacle driving over as a group to this dealership. We got stares & looks from just about everyone we came across.

Last year we missed going to Eureka Springs due to a business trip I had to take to Tianjin, China. And we were really upset that we missed that trip. But this year, we've got it on our calendar and intend to drive out there and have a great time with fellow Crossfire Owners. After all, the event is about the cars and the kinsmanship among the owners.

You really don't want to miss this event!!!

Old 05-15-2018, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Philip & Dawn Moore-2004 white limited coupe Overland Park, Ks.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
I will join in on the accolades for this week-long event. Wife & I participated during the first visit to Eureka Springs when it was the CAA-06 event. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there, both with the runs we participated in (pizzaguy led us a really enjoyable drive thru some roadways & venues south of the city; he was familiar with the locale having worked there on a previous assignment; his commentary added that special extra to our cruise....
I"d forgotten about that. Yea, I worked in the area the year before and even spent some weekends there as opposed to flying home every Friday, just cause the area is so beautiful.

This meet is a unique experience for several reasons, added to what you said are:
  • The FOOD - inexpensive, good quality, and varied choices
  • The ROADS - with local owners John and Peggy (and I never met the other couple), we have intimate knowledge of the area many groups don't have. John's Thursday morning run during CAA6 was awesome, such a good run and we never went more than about 20-25 miles from the city.

I will blow into town with the car on a trailer on Sunday, maybe about 3pm or so.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:04 AM

Wife & I should get to Eureka Springs around 2:30 on Sunday.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:47 AM
JSK
Received 101 Likes on 85 Posts

Jeff and Bernie Kaufman will be attending. I think we will bring the black 05 SRT roadster.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Crossfire Fun in the Ozarks (Round 3) / Eureka Springs, Arkansas / June 24-28, 2018