Crossfire Events and Meets This section is intended for threads to organize and plan Crossfire meets. A place for everyone here to see where meets are happening and participate in discussions

Woodward Dream Cruise & BBQ night - August 17th & 18th 2018 - Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 10:46 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Woodward Dream Cruise & BBQ night - August 17th & 18th 2018 - Michigan

Please add us... KDW4Him - Kathy & Klay - Michigan - BBQ 2

Last edited by Valk; 05-19-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Woodward Dream Cruise & BBQ night - August 17th & 18th 2018 - Michigan

Gary. I received a text from Annie Charles who is the one I helped buy the red xfire at Woodward last year.

She will be joining us this year and both Annie and her husband will be attending the BBQ. I sent her a link to this page and asked her to join so she can post her details. In the meantime please add them to the list!
Annette

Old 06-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suppose since I am hosting the Fri. night BBQ I should put my name in as attending.
John and Judie Balint 05 SRT6

Old 06-04-2018, 10:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Gary,
Jeanette and I will be attending the cruise and BBQ.

Regards,
Tim

Old 06-13-2018, 12:19 PM

Al and Regina wll be attending the 2018 Bar B Q....Xcoupe

Old 06-17-2018, 12:21 AM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 448 Likes on 315 Posts

Just to remind everyone please read this post below again carefully and be sure you are in agreement with the terms regarding payment for the BBQ
We have also been asked by our host to keep the number attending capped to about 50 persons total to better manage the BBQ dinner event.
We are currently at 36 persons and it looks like everyone on the list attending the Woodward weekend event is also attending the BBQ
List updated in Post #2

Welcome everyone

Originally Posted by Valk
There will again this year be a BBQ for all to attend on Friday night.
Our host again this year is one of our fellow members here
***Balijo38 - John Balint***
The location is at his home only a couple blocks east of Woodward Ave. just 7 miles north of Memorial Park in Bloomfield Hills and/or only 5 miles from our host hotel.

The cost per person for the BBQ is $10

This $10 cash will be payable at the BBQ and you will be provided a wristband to wear during the BBQ

This BBQ will be held regardless of weather conditions and we will cap the number attending to 50 persons
If your name is on the list for the BBQ payment will be expected of you !!

If for any reason your plans change I must be notified via PM or post here prior to August 4th
You will then be removed from the BBQ list and not expected to attend the BBQ or pay the $10
On August 4th the final number attending will be tallied for food purchase by our host for this BBQ and payment will be expected of you at the BBQ
This is a rain or shine event

I need each of you to post in this thread the number attending this BBQ on Friday night so we can have enough food to provide for all.
I will then post "BBQ" beside your name/s on the attendance list in Post #3
I will provide the address to this BBQ in a PM (private message) here on the forum in August once I have all of you coming confirmed.

Time: Come anytime after 4:00pm, we will eat between 5:30 and 6:30.
Allows plenty of time to cruise afterward if you choose to.
Food: Brats & Hot Dogs & Hamburgers, Salads, Chips, nuts etc.
Drinks: Water & Pop provided......BYO beer, wine, whatever.

OUR HOST REQUESTED THAT NO ADDITIONAL FOOD BE BROUGHT TO THIS BBQ
HE WILL PROVIDE ALL AND ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE
LAST YEAR THERE WAS JUST TO MUCH FOOD BROUGHT BY THE LARGE NUMBER OF GUESTS AND MUCH OF IT HAD TO BE DISPOSED OF AFTER THE BBQ

We hope you all will come join us to kick off our weekend together.

Last edited by Valk; 08-11-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:48 AM

We will be attending the BBQ night. Jerry and Rhonda, Rittman, Ohio and friends Mark and Debbie (red solstice) We have are rooms already. So excited to see everyone.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by the mexican
We will be attending the BBQ night. Jerry and Rhonda, Rittman, Ohio and friends Mark and Debbie (red solstice) We have are rooms already. So excited to see everyone.
Will you both be parking with us on Saturday in Memorial Park ?
If so have you sent your payment for parking ?
I'll add ya all to the attendance list in post #2 tonight but please let me know

Old 06-19-2018, 03:06 PM

Will you both be parking with us on Saturday in Memorial Park ?
If so have you sent your payment for parking ?
I'll add ya all to the attendance list in post #2 tonight but please let me know
yes we paid and will be parking with you.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:57 PM

our friends Mark and Debbie Doylestown,Ohio (red solstice) will be attending BBQ also and parking garage in park Saturday. Thank you! Jerry and Rhonda

Old 06-27-2018, 12:44 PM
Smile Re: Woodward Dream Cruise & BBQ night - August 17th & 18th 2018 - Michigan

Lee and Janie Hendershot from Bridgeport, Ohio plan to attend the Woodward Dream Cruise and Friday night BBQ this August 17 & 18th. Please add our names to the list of attendees. Thanks

Old 07-10-2018, 10:51 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone received their Parking Pass?

Old 07-10-2018, 10:53 AM

Not yet but they cashed our check

Old 07-10-2018, 10:55 AM
Forum Regular

I called the number and no one answers?

Old 07-10-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Southernscrew
Has anyone received their Parking Pass?
Not yet but they will be coming
I just spoke to Sandy and there has been a delay in getting the parking passes from Michigan to her for her to send out to all of us
No worries within a few weeks we should all have our parking passes

Old 07-10-2018, 06:04 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks Valk:
Was just beginning to wonder.
Ken

Old 07-16-2018, 05:33 PM

Marvin and Irmgard Christian will be attending the Cruise and BBQ. Arriving Thursday evening from Dayton, Ohio in our silver 2008 Crossfire. Mailed parking request. Looking forward to it and plan on giving the camera a good workout. Thanks for the opportunity

Last edited by TRVLLR; 07-16-2018 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:42 PM
Unhappy Re: Woodward Dream Cruise & BBQ night - August 17th & 18th 2018 - Michigan

Originally Posted by D. Lee Hendershot
Lee and Janie Hendershot from Bridgeport, Ohio plan to attend the Woodward Dream Cruise and Friday night BBQ this August 17 & 18th. Please add our names to the list of attendees. Thanks
I have not received my parking permit/ pass, as of today 7/16/18.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by D. Lee Hendershot
I have not received my parking permit/ pass, as of today 7/16/18.

I spoke to Sandy last week and there has been a delay in getting the parking passes from Michigan to her for her to send out to all of us
No worries within a few weeks we should all have our parking passes

Old 07-16-2018, 10:05 PM

The attendance list is updated in Post #2
NOTE: Hotel Reservations for all guests must be made on or before Friday, July 26, 2018, (the “Cutoff Date”) to get the group rate.
Also see the requirements required for "Parking"

The Woodward Dream Cruise is the world’s largest one-day automotive event drawing 40,000 classic cars each year.
North American cruisers from California, Georgia, Canada and all points in between caravan to Metro Detroit to participate in what has become for many an annual event each year.
For our Crossfire group this will be our 12th year in attendance !!!

So.....Come join us at this years Woodward Dream Cruise

Come and meet the designer of our Crossfire - "Eric Stoddard"

Have a look at the event main website: The Woodward Dream Cruise

Post on this thread if you will be coming to join us for this fun GTG near Detroit
Please also post if you will be attending the BBQ - See post #2 for details
Please provide me your first name(s) and your home town and state for the list I will be maintaining
in.post #3

We have secured Crossfire Group Parking again this year at the corner of 13 mile and Woodward!!!
The spot is in the beautiful shaded 25 Memorial Park
where we will be among 800 other show cars !!

Memorial Park
31050 Woodward Ave
Royal Oak, Michigan

This spot is right off Woodward Ave.

The fee is $40 per car and this entitles you to park there on Friday and Saturday.
This fee also allows you exclusive access to bleachers along the edge of the park along
Woodward Ave to sit and enjoy watching all the show cars cruising by all day

PARKING INFO
/REQUIREMENTS
YOU MUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW TO SECURE YOUR SPOT FOR PARKING IN MEMORIAL PARK
Entries must be received by August 10, 2018
but DONT DELAY because the park might fill to capacity before that and you will be denied a parking pass

Click either the attachment at the bottom of this post or the PDF file link below and print the form, complete the form and mail the form to the address provided on the bottom of the form along with your $40 payment payable to the "CITY OF ROYAL OAK"
Be sure to fill out the parking form completely including the year, make and model **
Crossfire **

Click >>>
Parking App.pdf
A parking sticker and 2 wristbands will be sent to you in the US mail after July 1
Be sure to bring these with you to this event to enter our parking space

We must all enter the park together on Saturday morning to be parked as a group

NOTE:
If you have joined us in the past couple years you might be receiving an email or US mail with the Registration Form for our parking spot.

MARRIOTT HOTEL INFO:

I have secured a block of 15 rooms again at our usual host hotel
These rooms are available for Friday 17th and Saturday 18th

Also 10 rooms are available for Thursday 16th for those who arrive early

Courtyard Marriott Auburn Hills
2550 Aimee Lane
Auburn Hills, Michigan

Guest room, 1 King w/Sofabed $109
Guest room, 2 Queens $119
This is a reduced "group rate" for a weekend with high volume reservations throughout the area

TO RESERVE YOUR ROOM

To make your reservations online simply click the link below
Book your group rate for Crossfire Club Room Block Woodward Dream Cruise

Or you may c
all (800) 321-2211 to make your room reservations.
When calling to make your reservation please be sure to identify yourself as part of the Crossfire Club Room Block - Woodward Dream Cruise group
and be sure to specify the hotel listed above in Auburn Hills.

Reservations for all guests must be received on or before Friday, July 26, 2018, (the “Cutoff Date”) to get the group rate.
After this Cut off Date, the hotel will release any unreserved rooms for general sale and, in the hotel’s discretion, will accept reservations at Crossfire Club Room Block’s group rate, on a space and rate available basis.

Quick Reply: Woodward Dream Cruise & BBQ night - August 17th & 18th 2018 - Michigan