CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Marketplace (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-marketplace/)
-   -   Brand New Complete Crate Engine (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-marketplace/86403-brand-new-complete-crate-engine.html)

SwiftV8 09-16-2023 08:22 PM

Brand New Complete Crate Engine

Hey folks, hit me up with offers, I want this out of the garage. I came across a deal on a new in the crate, complete engine for a non-srt manual crossfire. It even comes with the intake, engine harness, sensors, throttle body, and flywheel. I had the intentions of finding a car that needed one and fixing it up but, I lost interest. I'm passing that deal on to someone who could use it. I'd like to get $3000 for it, but considering all offers. I'm not interested in freight shipping this, local pickup please.

NeedsWings 09-18-2023 10:01 AM

Re: Brand New Complete Crate Engine

looks to be a pre-production test engine

SwiftV8 09-18-2023 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by NeedsWings (Post 983065)
looks to be a pre-production test engine

It is a production replacement engine assembly shipped from Germany in 2006 for Chrysler dealers.

GraphiteGhost 09-18-2023 11:08 PM

:confused: Is it my imagination or what? Just what is the device to the left of the oil filter assembly (looks like a cooler of sorts). I don't recall seeing one of those on my engine. It actually looks more like the SRT-6 engine with that part there (without the supercharger of course)... :confused:

ZERACER 09-19-2023 08:41 AM

Except the SRT-6 did not come with a manual Trans?

SwiftV8 09-19-2023 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost (Post 983083)

:confused: Is it my imagination or what? Just what is the device to the left of the oil filter assembly (looks like a cooler of sorts). I don't recall seeing one of those on my engine. It actually looks more like the SRT-6 engine with that part there (without the supercharger of course)... :confused:

I believe that is the air pump.

NeedsWings 09-19-2023 02:29 PM

wrong water pump
wrong oil filter housing (yours has oil cooler)
wrong tensioner

whomever ends up with this engine will have a hard time with replacement parts if they don't know they need to order the wrong parts intentionally.

SwiftV8 09-19-2023 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by NeedsWings (Post 983104)
wrong water pump
wrong oil filter housing (yours has oil cooler)
wrong tensioner

whomever ends up with this engine will have a hard time with replacement parts if they don't know they need to order the wrong parts intentionally.

I don't understand why you think this, I called a Chrysler dealer and a got a new engine part number just to confirm, it matches the one on the crate 5097778AA. Keep in mind, it not an SRT, just a regular 3.2 for a manual trans.

GraphiteGhost 09-19-2023 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by SwiftV8 (Post 983094)
I believe that is the air pump.

:( NOT, check post #7, don't know why but it didn't look like my N/A. Thanks NW's, it just looked strange. :(

GraphiteGhost 09-19-2023 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by ZERACER (Post 983091)
Except the SRT-6 did not come with a manual Trans?

:confused: Doesn't the N/A auto transmission and the N/A manual transmission use the same ENGINE, just a different connection to either transmission (a clutch/manual or torque converter/auto)? I believe the 'block' is the same, isn't it? Check post #7 (thanks again NW's). :confused:

SwiftV8 09-19-2023 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost (Post 983116)
:( NOT, check post #7, don't know why but it didn't look like my N/A. Thanks NW's, it just looked strange. :(

Oh I see now, I misread. I thought you meant to the left of the oil cooler, I see now that these N/A engines don't typically have the cooler and that's what you were getting at. I looked at my brother's 2006 N/A to compare and he doesn't have a cooler either. Looks just like the SRT, wish it actually was hehe, were coolers added to later models? Everything else looked the same, water pump and tensioner too. I'll get ahold of the dealership tomorrow and see if they have any notes on oil coolers being added to replacement engines.

NeedsWings 09-19-2023 06:54 PM

sorry i do not mean to p!ss on your FS thread, just stating that there is a mixup of parts that shouldn't go together, maybe a pre-production test engine, maybe a euro spec engine for Germany (autobahn) bound cars? i have never seen that combo before though and i've seen more than a few thousand crossfires that were set for US, Canada, UK, Germany, Australia, South Korea, Findland, Sweden, Spain, Italy, South Africa and as of earlier today Iceland, It can be made to work but for the unknowing it would be unmaintainable and lots of fights would ensure for incorrectly blaming people for ordering the wrong parts for you for the life of that engine. Wish you were closer, i'd make you an offer on it. I'm just north of Detroit if you have any other reason to travel this way, we may be able to work something out.

SwiftV8 09-19-2023 07:28 PM

Interesting, maybe it's a rare bird but, the last thing I want to do is sell someone an engine and it not work out. Thanks for the info NeedsWings, unfortunately I don't plan to be in Detroit anytime soon. Would love for you to have it, especially since it would suit your expertise better. I just find it odd that US Chrysler dealers end up with them.

GraphiteGhost 09-20-2023 10:06 AM

:) Sometimes, I notice things. I know it caused a little bit of a scuffle(?) but the thing just didn't look right. BTW, since I posted my observation, I went out and looked under my 2008 limited auto engine cover (but hadn't taken the time to change the oil), and yes, I do not have that 'cooler' looking thing. It would have been quite a find if the assembler just forgot to slap on a supercharger (meaning it was from the intake down an SRT-6 motor). Ah well, C'est la vie... LOL :)

xfClifford 09-20-2023 02:20 PM

This engine looks like the CLK320/C320 variant used in the European market cars.

Sorta want it.

SwiftV8 09-20-2023 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by xfClifford (Post 983145)
This engine looks like the CLK320/C320 variant used in the European market cars.

Sorta want it.

Let me know, I'm not gonna use it. Are you somewhat close?

xfClifford 09-20-2023 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by SwiftV8 (Post 983146)
Let me know, I'm not gonna use it. Are you somewhat close?

ohio, Dayton area.

SwiftV8 09-20-2023 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by xfClifford (Post 983147)
ohio, Dayton area.

Bit of a drive, but I'd say it's worth it. PM me if you're serious and we can work something out.

SwiftV8 03-05-2024 11:45 AM

This has sold - thanks all.

Valk 03-05-2024 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by SwiftV8 (Post 987537)
This has sold - thanks all.

And thank you for returning to let all of us know