Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Are crossfire roadsters about the same as other roadsters!

Old 03-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are crossfire roadsters about the same as other roadsters!

I love the look of crossfires...so I went ahead and put a down payment on a new '06 limited. They had to order and it should take about 2 weeks.

Well anyway, now Im wondering about the size of these cars. I don't want something as small as maybe a miata, or honda s2000, because they feel very tight inside, and little leg room. But from the pictures, they seem like they may be alittle more roomier and larger. Can someone who has one let me know it compares up!

Old 03-17-2007, 05:00 PM
RPM
Default Re: Are crossfire roadsters about the same as other roadsters!

Originally Posted by chrisNC
I love the look of crossfires...so I went ahead and put a down payment on a new '06 limited. They had to order and it should take about 2 weeks.

Well anyway, now Im wondering about the size of these cars. I don't want something as small as maybe a miata, or honda s2000, because they feel very tight inside, and little leg room. But from the pictures, they seem like they may be alittle more roomier and larger. Can someone who has one let me know it compares up!
I researched different cars for ~1 year. I wanted something rare, collectible, etc.
When my wife said - 'We will get something, but it has to be a convertible' that narrowed the field for me.
Came down to the 350z roadster, s2000, and a Crossfire roadster.
Never drove the 350z, so I can't speak for that. I do know that they are nice and roomier than an s2000 (forum member kmag52 has a 350z and a Crossfire Roadster - that happens to be for sale on ebay right now with ~2,099 miles on it).
Drove an s2000 a few times. Too harsh sounding and cramped for me - but that VTEC is amazing.
The Crossfire has more room than the s2000 by far. The crossfire roadsters have more headroom than the coupes too (with the top up - and down of course).

If you can - do what I did.
Go drive the cars you are seriously considering within a day or two of each other. I went on a Friday night and drove a new s2000, then went the next day and drove a SRT6 coupe (knew I wanted a roadster, but wanted to get the 'feel' of the SRT6).
After being in the SRT6 for 5 minutes, my wife and I knew it was the one for us.

Good luck.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Forum Regular

Without stealing kmag52's thunder I believe he said the Z was far roomier than the XF but to me thats not what I was looking for. I grew up with TR6's and MGB's and loved them to death. Thats what I was looking for when I bought my XF. I've had a couple Vettes and they've been growing larger of late with real trunks and such and to me thats losing the sports car intimacy. I want to be low to the ground and close to my wife. If I wanted a car the size of a Mustang or Camaro/Firebird I'd by one. In fact the only thing that'll get me out of my XF would be that perfect TR6 I've been looking for 15 years or so.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:18 PM

I've owned a first-gen Miata and a couple of MGBs. I'm a little dude, but I do carry musical gear in my trunk. They're all about the same. The Xfi probably carries more grocery sacks (top up), and the MG, believe it or not, was easier for long-legged passengers, as the foot area was a long tunnel. Every time a tall guy gets in my XFI passenger side, he'll immediately ask how to move the seat back.
I sat in a Boxter once, and it was more cramped than any of the aforementioned cars, btw.