Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Newbie needs help desiding

Old 12-31-2012, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newbie needs help desiding

Hi forum members here is my question . I am looking to buy a crossfire roadster and originally I was looking at a 6 speed manual for fun to drive factor . but I was wondering what you guys/girls think about the srt6 extra power but auto fun factor , I'm on the fence and imput you can give me will help . Thanks for the help and happy new year to all!

Old 12-31-2012, 03:15 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Newbie needs help desiding

Originally Posted by KEVINZ07
Hi forum members here is my question . I am looking to buy a crossfire roadster and originally I was looking at a 6 speed manual for fun to drive factor . but I was wondering what you guys/girls think about the srt6 extra power but auto fun factor , I'm on the fence and imput you can give me will help . Thanks for the help and happy new year to all!
1. SRT6 Roadsters are RARE ! ( good luck finding one, and expect to pay 20K or so )
2. N/A ( Limited ) Roadsters are plentiful, lots of color choices, and stick/auto choices.
( expect to pay 13K to 16k depending on miles and condition )

Old 12-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

if you like the feeling of being behind the wheel of a quick accelerating vehicle, you're best off with the SRT. If you are willing to sacrifice acceleration for a clutch, then the limited may be for you.

If you're thinking you'll just add mods to catch the SRT, it's not going to happen. Even with a big nitrous shot, the best the limited will do is keep up with a stock SRT. Once the SRT adds basic mods, it's all over.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Both have their fun points. Nothing like a convertible 2-seater with a stick on a hot summer day. But lining up against a Corvette or Rousch Mustang in the SRT6 and beating them is also a thrill. There were only 924 SRT6 verts made, so good luck finding one.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:32 PM

I've had both. The manual in the NA is a bit notchy but you can get used to it and the "Sprint Booster" helps for smooth shifting by removing the throttle lag.
I had to fly out to get the SRT and paid $21K w/ 9600m.
It's the best car decision I've ever made and wouldn't trade it.
It has a few basic mods and the fun factor is right through the roof.

You're choosing between fun and way-fun.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:11 PM

Ok firsts let me say thank you for the guys that helped me make my decsions , I wish I had a little more input , but from what I got I just put down a deposit on a SRT6 Roadster after a test drive at a dealer Any other advice appraciate THANKS KEVIN

Old 01-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Originally Posted by The Beep
You're choosing between fun and way-fun.
And for the money (the difference in only $3K to $6K) both are good buys, IMO.

I have a friend at work who just bought a three year old, 2 wheel drive, four door pickup with 50,000 miles on it and he paid in the upper $20Ks. If that's what he wants, fine. But the XF (in any configuration) is way more fun.

Old 01-06-2013, 02:36 AM
Forum Regular

If i had the money when I bought my coupe I would have certainly bought an srt6 over the NA ,but that's my opinon
Either way you go your gonna have a fantastic , beautiful sports convertible which will attract a lot of attention especially since your gonna get the roadster..they seem to be a little more uncommon atleast around here

Old 01-06-2013, 07:53 AM

wish I had the SRT but the N/A is fast enough

Old 01-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm prejudice and I did drive a limited before buying the srt's but SRT all the way. I was running autos back in the day when autos weren't popular. So I get the stick argument all the time. Just got both cars retuned. I have not had this much fun since My big block camaro days. Now to finish my dashdaq install.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by KEVINZ07
Ok firsts let me say thank you for the guys that helped me make my decsions , I wish I had a little more input , but from what I got I just put down a deposit on a SRT6 Roadster after a test drive at a dealer Any other advice appraciate THANKS KEVIN
Hi Kevin,

Just saw your post today so this may already be history since you put down a deposit at the dealer. I have an 05' SRT6 with only 41K miles. It is graphite grey and is in excellent condition for mechanical, body and interior. Every single option/feature is in working condition. Great tires, absolutely no curb rash on the rims and the calipers are painted red. New top installed by Chrysler and also a new windshield. It has a grill bra, rear wind screen and a custom front windshield wind deflector. This is not a project car and has been painstakingly maintained. It has been a garage queen for the time I have owned it. I also have the original Monroney window sticker ($50,000.00), a car fax and history docs. I live outside of Los Angeles and have plenty of pics available. Call me if you are interested........Michael (760) 832-2645.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Only help I can give is this link ( ieSpell - Download ), aggressive posts about a car for sale should be removed unless it is in the for sale section (which it is). This is the second or third post about this car worded exactly as the other one(s) that are outside of the for sale section.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Only help I can give is this link ( ieSpell - Download ), aggressive posts about a car for sale should be removed unless it is in the for sale section (which it is). This is the second or third post about this car worded exactly as the other one(s) that are outside of the for sale section.
Sorry, I did not realize there was a protocal on responses. I saw the newbie post and thought I was providing an appropriate input. I can appreciate the value of maintaining all "for sale" info in the same section and will abide in the future. As they say....."No good deed goes unpunished."

Old 01-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by toia6407
Sorry, I did not realize there was a protocal on responses. I saw the newbie post and thought I was providing an appropriate input. I can appreciate the value of maintaining all "for sale" info in the same section and will abide in the future. As they say....."No good deed goes unpunished."
Not only did you screw up, you didn't even tell us the answer to the BIG QUESTION:
Coupe or Roadster?

Old 01-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toia6407
Hi Kevin,
Just saw your post today so this may already be history since you put down a deposit at the dealer. I have an 05' SRT6 with only 41K miles. It is graphite grey and is in excellent condition for mechanical, body and interior. Every single option/feature is in working condition. Great tires, absolutely no curb rash on the rims and the calipers are painted red. New top installed by Chrysler and also a new windshield. It has a grill bra, rear wind screen and a custom front windshield wind deflector. This is not a project car and has been painstakingly maintained. It has been a garage queen for the time I have owned it. I also have the original Monroney window sticker ($50,000.00), a car fax and history docs. I live outside of Los Angeles and have plenty of pics available. Call me if you are interested........Michael (760) 832-2645.
Originally Posted by pizzaguy
Not only did you screw up, you didn't even tell us the answer to the BIG QUESTION:
Coupe or Roadster?

Old 01-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Well, he didn't SAY it...
(And your input does not count till you've been to at least one Dragon... got your room booked? )

I probably shouldn't be posting, I've taken four muscle relaxers today.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 01-07-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:38 PM

(And your input does not count till you've been to at least one Dragon... got your room booked? )

I probably shouldn't be posting, I've taken four muscle relaxers today.
Hey Pizzaguy,

I would have thought that in consideration that Kevin (the newbie) was only considering a roadster and since Chrysler was only replacing rag tops...not coupes...that you might have been able to connect the dots and answer the $64,000 question for yourself. Probably had something to do with the muscle relaxers you're taking.

Good to hear from you again and thanks for busting my b-lls.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Administrator

I went too far in Yoga Saturday and I'm paying for it. Gotta learn to LISTEN to the body.

And... I guess my ball busting came right back at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone wanna tell me how I got that EDIT button on there?

Old 01-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha, count me in for this year. I won't miss it twice.