Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

New Crossfire owner here too

Old 01-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Crossfire owner here too

Just picked my 2005 Limited roadster a week ago too, so I'd better introduce myself.

I'm 6'5", so its a bit of a squeeze for me, but not too bad if I recline the seat forward a bit so the seat can be moved all the way back.

I negotiated with two different dealers who were offering 2005 limited 6-speed roadsters that were nearly identical. Both had ~27,500 miles, 6-speed, 1-owner off lease, etc. One was the classic yellow color in the Dallas area, the other was a Red one in the Houston area. I'm halfway between them, so it was a tossup. After looking at them both, my wife decided she didn't like the yellow color so I got the red one.

I negotiated on a drive-out price of $15,000 even, which brings the car to about $13,600 here in Texas after taxes and registration fees.

I love the car so far. Came from driving a big Chevy pickup truck, so I'll have to figure out what to do when it's time to head to the Home Depot to pick up a load of lumber or something like that.

Only 2 problems so far:
1) It came with only 1 key, so I'm shopping around for a local dealer who will sell me a new key for less than $200.
2) The stereo doesn't work on the right side. I didn't notice it until after I was driving it home from Houston. I've taken everything apart and ruled out a wiring problem, so I either have a bad head unit or a bad amp. Some folks in the Audio forum have already been very helpful. Hopefully I can get it fixed without shelling out too much more $$. Maybe the yellow one didn't have any stereo problems?

Anyways, this should be a fun car to drive for a couple of years before I decide I need a truck again. That Yellow one is probably still available in Dallas if anybody is interested in that price -- it was at Huffhines Hyundai in McKinney.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:12 PM
FP
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: New Crossfire owner here too

Congratulations, and welcome to this great forum.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by workindev
Just picked my 2005 Limited roadster a week ago too, so I'd better introduce myself.

I'm 6'5", so its a bit of a squeeze for me, but not too bad if I recline the seat forward a bit so the seat can be moved all the way back.

I negotiated with two different dealers who were offering 2005 limited 6-speed roadsters that were nearly identical. Both had ~27,500 miles, 6-speed, 1-owner off lease, etc. One was the classic yellow color in the Dallas area, the other was a Red one in the Houston area. I'm halfway between them, so it was a tossup. After looking at them both, my wife decided she didn't like the yellow color so I got the red one.

I negotiated on a drive-out price of $15,000 even, which brings the car to about $13,600 here in Texas after taxes and registration fees.

I love the car so far. Came from driving a big Chevy pickup truck, so I'll have to figure out what to do when it's time to head to the Home Depot to pick up a load of lumber or something like that.

Only 2 problems so far:
1) It came with only 1 key, so I'm shopping around for a local dealer who will sell me a new key for less than $200.
2) The stereo doesn't work on the right side. I didn't notice it until after I was driving it home from Houston. I've taken everything apart and ruled out a wiring problem, so I either have a bad head unit or a bad amp. Some folks in the Audio forum have already been very helpful. Hopefully I can get it fixed without shelling out too much more $$. Maybe the yellow one didn't have any stereo problems?

Anyways, this should be a fun car to drive for a couple of years before I decide I need a truck again. That Yellow one is probably still available in Dallas if anybody is interested in that price -- it was at Huffhines Hyundai in McKinney.
Your wife was right about the red. Besides, it's the faster than the yellow ones. Texas is a great place for these cars. you will love it.

And, welcome.

roadster with a stick

Old 01-19-2009, 04:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and welcome. good luck with the car.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:14 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum. good luck with the audio. I know you will love driving the car.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:22 PM

Well, howdy!

Red is the fastest LOOKING color, but we all agree the black ones are the fastest. But the lady has good tastes!

I too have one key, and still have the chevy fifteen hunnert. You are not alone in this XF world. The GF and I hauled a shelving unit home in the XF. Needed the top to be down, and she had a hard time looking around the shelves, keept the trunk open for the other hardware. A sight to see, I'm sure!

It's amazing what you can pack in this little thing when you go shopping at Lowe's.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: New Crossfire owner here too

Congrats & Welcome!!!!!!

Old 01-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 456 Likes on 321 Posts

Welcome to the forum and the pride of Crossfire ownership !!!

Old 01-20-2009, 04:44 AM
Life is random...so am I.

Welcome!

I think you'll find out anything you want to know about your Crossfire here.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:46 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by workindev
Only 2 problems so far:
Yellow ones don't have any problems, come with 4 keys (mine did), use rainbows for fuel & drive on clouds. That's why there are so few of them ....

Bui croslámhach rule!! (Yellow Crossfire)

Old 01-20-2009, 06:01 AM
Forum Regular

Welcome to the forum, you picked a truly fun car to just drive!

Old 01-20-2009, 07:01 AM

Welcome! I think you're in the running for "tallest Crossfire owner" for sure.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:18 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Great info here. Just got my 2007 Limited Coupe back in OCT/08.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by sonoronos
Welcome! I think you're in the running for "tallest Crossfire owner" for sure.
Yeah, I test drove a Solstice a while back and it was a joke. I couldn't even fit my knees around the steering wheel with the door closed. So I had resigned myself to the reality that a 2-seater wasn't for me. Then on a whim I test drove a Crossfire a month ago and I was surprised how much more room there is. Still a pretty tight fit, but much better than the Solstice. The only problem is if I'm first at a traffic light, I'll have to lean forward a bit to see the light (with the top up of course!).

Old 01-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the purchase! Red is definitely the best color for an XF, IMHO. I'm not biased or anything.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:31 PM

Congrats, and welcome from another new red roadster owner. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

Old 01-21-2009, 05:27 PM

Congratulations and welcome to this forum!

Old 03-06-2009, 12:03 AM

I Am A New Member Too,i Also Drive A Red Roadster.welcome To The Crossfire Family.you Made A Very Wise Choice In Picking The Crossfire ,and A Even Better Choice When You Picked The Red Roadster.the Guys Have Alot Of Knowledge About Crossfires And They Don't Mind Shareing It With You.welcome Again And Dropp The Top And Enjoy The Ride.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:12 AM
Forum Regular

Wlecome;

My wife drives a Red base XFire, and I drive an SSB SRT6. Enjoy the ride.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:39 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome xFire country! A great choice of color and style. Aren't they the same in this case? Have a great time and you still have time to make arrangments to attend the Spring Dragon Run in TN/NC!