CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Roadster (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/)
-   -   New member...with questions (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/32432-new-member-questions.html)

Koldrayne 03-05-2009 09:17 PM

New member...with questions

Just making sure I'm posting in the right area..Have a deposit down on an '05 Limited 18k asking $16,400..@ a CT dealer..Car looks to be clean and in excellent cond. w/ only a couple of very minor paint chips that were touched up and a couple of scuff marks on the lower driver seat near the bolster area..I was wondering if this seems like a reasonable price? Also. it had it's battery replaced 3 times, had it's charging system checked and finally it's radio replaced under warrenty within the first 6-8 months or 3500 mi of the original ownership( 1 owner car according to Carfax report).No reports of any other problems since or 14k mi. Dose this in any way point to looming electical problems in the future? Any tech info or suggestions on how to fix or make those scuffs less noticable?.I have a couple of days left to decide. No pressure from dealer...dep. is refundable.Looking for feedback.Thanks in advance for your help and patience w/ the new guy. Bob D

joejet 03-05-2009 09:54 PM

Re: New member...with questions

Koldrayne welcome

3 batteries in 8 months I dont think so,sounds like this car might have spent
some time in New Orleans. Just my opinion. You can do better..
Joejet
2007 black coupe std

turkeyman 03-05-2009 10:33 PM

Purchased my 05 Roadster Ltd Automatic in June 08 with 16,000 miles paid $19,000 This car was like showroom. With recent decline in car sales price sounds about correct. Should still be warranty from Chrysler. If the battery is now Ok for a year they must have found the problem. Mine is still original from Jan 06 and still works fine and has been sitting for 4 months with only a few starts to keep it up.
This is the most fantastic car I have ever owned among 57 Chev. 67 Chevelle, MGBs and so on.

This site has many electrical problems reported with all years but from what I have read everything has been easily fixed, seems that keeping a battery in good shape is critical, low battery causes problems. If you purchase keep up with the news on this site. Go back and read as MANY things came up I had no idea the car was capable of or had as features.

Go for it.

Mimi05SRT6 03-06-2009 12:25 AM

Sounds like a nice car and no higher in the asking price....These are great cars which you will not regret being they are unique in their own way. Good luck! :D

crossfirefrank 03-06-2009 04:27 AM

Price sounds good for the condition. You can always buy an extended warranty if you have doubts.

REVIT93RX7 03-06-2009 05:14 AM

Plenty of XFires' available. With these kinds of issues I would walk away.

stan37 03-06-2009 05:40 AM

Sounds like a nice car..I just bought a 2005 Roadster Ltd with 13K for 17000 from local Chrysler dealer who put on a new set of tires before delivery. This is my third Crossfire. Bout 2 new in 2004 (husband & wife cars) I raded them in 2006 & 2007 thinking I needed a 4 door car so went for a G35 which is being returned today. The other car I still have..2007 BMW Z4 which needed a new battery after 4 months. BMW dealer said it was a battery prob, not electrical..thank god under warranty as the battery for Z4 is $250. You should be just fine..Batteries seem to depend on climate. Good luck with your Crossfire, and welcome to the forum.