CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Roadster (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/)
-   -   Anyone Had Water Drip Inside With High Pressure Spray? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/33984-anyone-had-water-drip-inside-high-pressure-spray.html)

blackcrossfire07 04-30-2009 10:05 PM

Anyone Had Water Drip Inside With High Pressure Spray?

I posted this in the coupe section (because I have a coupe).

Could this be normal? Just curious. I thought they fixed my window leak problem 2 weeks ago (a couple drops near the triangle). My passenger window needed an adjustment to both pitch and height... the dealer forgot the pitch.

Lots of rain these past 2 weeks and everything was ok until I sprayed the car down with the do it yourself coin machine. I may have sprayed the water up in the window. I don't mind a couple drops from a high pressure upward spray... just don't want rain water. Just wondering if I should panic now and bring the car back to the dealer or wait for the next heavy rainstorm to test it.

AlG 05-01-2009 09:03 AM

Re: Anyone Had Water Drip Inside With High Pressure Spray?

I get a few drops with the hose too but never from the rain. I wouldn't worry about it. It's happened on the other drop top I owned too.

blackcrossfire07 05-01-2009 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by AlG
I get a few drops with the hose too but never from the rain. I wouldn't worry about it. It's happened on the other drop top I owned too.

Some people simply would not accept a drop from washing a car... but I am ok with it. As long as the rain water doesn't get in. Thanks for the response. By the way, my car is a coupe.

Anyone else get water drips while washing the car but nothing when it rains?

2006 Roadster in TN 05-01-2009 09:30 AM

I get a few drips when I spray directly at the top of the window.

Funny car wash story...

We stopped by a coin wash so I could spray the dust/dirt off the car. I'm hosing the car off and I get to the back and spray where the top seals under the rear window and the Mrs. lets out a yell. I go up to her door and water had shot in under the top and got her pretty good. Now I don't focus the stream right at any of the top seals anymore. :D

blackcrossfire07 05-01-2009 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by 2006 Roadster in TN
I get a few drips when I spray directly at the top of the window.

Funny car wash story...

We stopped by a coin wash so I could spray the dust/dirt off the car. I'm hosing the car off and I get to the back and spray where the top seals under the rear window and the Mrs. lets out a yell. I go up to her door and water had shot in under the top and got her pretty good. Now I don't focus the stream right at any of the top seals anymore. :D

Maybe next time when you get upset at her, take her to the car wash and spray!

2006 Roadster in TN 05-01-2009 09:41 AM

She always reminds me when we stop at a coin wash.