CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Roadster (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/)
-   -   How rare is a yellow roadster? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/52051-how-rare-yellow-roadster.html)

CharlieO 09-02-2011 12:48 PM

How rare is a yellow roadster?

I think that I read in a thread somewhere that yellow roadsters are supposed to be quite rare. If that is true, does anyone have an idea of how many were built? I'm asking this question because one day last month I was driving a few miles away from home, and in one minute I passed two other yellow roadsters. Three yellow roadsters in one place at one time probably doesn't happen very often!

I am aware of a guy about two miles away from me who owns a yellow roadster, and I'm guessing that I have seen at least four others around town. In fact, I suspect that yellow could be the most common color for Crossfire roadsters in my area. Is there a place where I can find production numbers for the roadster, broken down into the number that were produced in each color?

bmorgan 09-02-2011 01:02 PM

Re: How rare is a yellow roadster?

I do not think there are any firm numbers on how many of each color were built, but canary yellow and oyster gold were the colors with the fewest produced.

JHM2K 09-02-2011 01:07 PM

The yellow color was only available in roadsters. Florida has more Crossfire roadsters per capita than any other state, or even some states combined.

On a recent PCB trip, I saw three roadsters, 0 coupes.

So, yes they're rare, but they're all gravitated to one spot :D

James1549 09-02-2011 01:09 PM

I have witnessed way less Oyster Golds than the yellow.

bmorgan 09-02-2011 01:11 PM

I have only seen one Oyster Gold, and that was at the Dragon last year.

Thirteendog 09-02-2011 01:29 PM

don't forget about the silver color. I've only seen one of those.

What is canary yellow?

FIXRE 09-02-2011 02:27 PM

Ever seen a yellow canary?:p I think it's called "classic" yellow on Crossfires. Do a search on yellow roadster and a lot of info comes up.

WalkMan5 09-02-2011 02:39 PM

At TMS in May there was one Bright Silver coupe and my Bright Silver roadster. I've seen a few yellows but only one oyster ever.

ala_xfire 09-02-2011 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
don't forget about the silver color. I've only seen one of those.

What is canary yellow?

From what I was told by the owner of the local Chrysler dealership ( who has a SILVER roadster stored there ), they were special order, and only available to a dealer for his personal use.
( At least that is what he told me )

Thirteendog 09-02-2011 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Larry Gumpert
Ever seen a yellow canary?:p I think it's called "classic" yellow on Crossfires. Do a search on yellow roadster and a lot of info comes up.

Oh I've never heard it referred to as Canary yellow. It was probably the ugliest color ever put on a crossfire. That's why they only put it on the roadsters and didn't bother putting it on the coupes.

WalkMan5 09-02-2011 03:18 PM

The yellow was marketed towards middle-aged to older/retired female drivers, not saying that's all who can drive it, it's just obviously something that population would buy. It's "cute" and "retro."

KimPossible 09-02-2011 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Oh I've never heard it referred to as Canary yellow. It was probably the ugliest color ever put on a crossfire. That's why they only put it on the roadsters and didn't bother putting it on the coupes.

Ruth!!!! Those are fighting words!!! CLASSIC yellow is the PRETTIEST of all the XF's. So much so that I refer to my XF's as the pretty one and the fast one. I think it would have be terrible on a coupe but it really pops on the 'vert! Of course what would a human cork know?!? :rolleyes: ;)

pizzaguy 09-02-2011 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by bmorgan
I have only seen one Oyster Gold, and that was at the Dragon last year.

I have seen only one, right here in Griffin. But have never seen it again, and that was over a year ago.

There were TWO yellow Roadsters at the last Dragon I was at. And there was, what - over 60 cars there that time?

pizzaguy 09-02-2011 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by KimPossible
Ruth!!!! Those are fighting words!!! CLASSIC yellow is the PRETTIEST of all the XF's. So much so that I refer to my XF's as the pretty one and the fast one. I think it would have be terrible on a coupe but it really pops on the 'vert! Of course what would a human cork know?!? :rolleyes: ;)

He just wanted to see if he could get you to say something.

Kodebuster 09-02-2011 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
The yellow color was only available in roadsters. Florida has more Crossfire roadsters per capita than any other state, or even some states combined.

On a recent PCB trip, I saw three roadsters, 0 coupes.

So, yes they're rare, but they're all gravitated to one spot :D

I agree, Florida is Xfire country.

I always seem to see them in bunches in that part of the US of A.

At the end of this month you can add one more Roadster to the Sunshine State, as I'll be moving mine down there for the Winter...

downwardspiral 09-02-2011 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I have seen only one, right here in Griffin. But have never seen it again, and that was over a year ago.

I see one every day, and I didn't like the color at first....

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...xJa_8xo-0J2fuQ

ZERACER 09-02-2011 05:59 PM

I also believe there are more Crossfires on the East coast than anywhere else because that is where they arrived from Germany. The further West you go, the less Crossfires.

Moparrbust 09-02-2011 07:08 PM

The pale yellows aren't rare enough..........I can't believe they made them in that color at all. :confused: There is one that is always parked about 2 miles down from my work and I cringe every time I pass by it. It would've been more acceptable if it was a more rich and vibrant yellow like that on the Vipers. As for the gold I can honestly say I have never seen one and have only seen one silver coupe.

Franc Rauscher 09-02-2011 07:16 PM

We have one oyster gold in our group. Nice color.

The yellow isan Ok version of it, mnot brassy or chromie. remminds me of the TC Lebarons when they fist came out. I do not believe they were marketed towards the middle aged older retired woman. That's nonsense. I have seen two or three yellow roadsters. Two were owned by vibrant young and good looking gals I would be proud with which to spend time.

The other has a V8 under the hood and the guy who owns it looks a bit scary:p

I wouldn't put the color down. Just not what I would drive.

Unless it looked like this;
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqYOKiI...Vorw~~0_35.JPG

I had one like it except that it was a HT Newport.

Larry Hitze 09-02-2011 10:47 PM

I met a lady the other day that had a real nice yellow roadster.