Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

TSP Reset

Old 06-15-2018, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP Reset

TPS light is illuminated. I've had all four tire sensors replaced and I'm told they are working properly. I called local Chrysler dealer asking is they could reset tire pressure sensor; was told they no longer work on Crossfires. Next, I called the local Mercedes dealer and they too said they don't work on crossfires. So, how do I reset TIRE PRESSURE light<

Old 06-15-2018, 04:25 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: TSP Reset

Originally Posted by Laddie
TPS light is illuminated. I've had all four tire sensors replaced and I'm told they are working properly. I called local Chrysler dealer asking is they could reset tire pressure sensor; was told they no longer work on Crossfires. Next, I called the local Mercedes dealer and they too said they don't work on crossfires. So, how do I reset TIRE PRESSURE light<
The question is what make/model of sensor was installed? Each type needs a different tool to reset them. Some can be set by the installer and some only by the dealer.

Old 06-17-2018, 01:44 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search: Resetting Tire Pressure Monitor. I wont offer my opinion of Chrysler or of most of their dealers and I guess M/B does not want THAT name badge to be seen in their shops, LOL!

Last edited by lovecross; 06-17-2018 at 01:16 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-17-2018, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Laddie
omg! I am having the same issue. I also have my tps light illuminated. That did not bother me but i called to schedule a tune up at m Mercedesand they told me that they do not work on crossfires and quite frankly i don't trust the local Chrysler dealerships here.

guess ill find a good shade tree and learn what i can

Old 06-17-2018, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by lovecross
Search: Resetting Tire Pressure Monitor. I wont offer my opinion of Chrysler or of most of their dealers.
exactly. This is my current delima

Old 06-17-2018, 06:25 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: TSP Reset

Possibly RUDY or ROB can provide the information and or service, reach out to them. Woody

Old 06-17-2018, 08:37 AM

The recommended replacement sensors are the Schrader 33500 sensor CLICK, these are set by the tire installer or presumably by the seller. They are cloned to your existing sensors and have been proven to work. The aluminum stem is an optional extra, otherwise it comes with a rubber stem.
These work on sensors which use the 315 or 433 MHz bands found on the Crossfire. Schrader has discontinued sensors that worked on only one of the bands, replacing them with the sensor that can work on either band.

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-17-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:28 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The recommended replacement sensors are the Schrader 33500 sensor CLICK, these are set by the tire installer or presumably by the seller. They are cloned to your existing sensors and have been proven to work. The aluminum stem is an optional extra, otherwise it comes with a rubber stem.
These work on sensors which use the 315 or 433 MHz bands found on the Crossfire. Schrader has discontinued sensors that worked on only one of the bands, replacing them with the sensor that can work on either band.
So these newer 33500's can be cloned/matched to each original sensor internal code, thus no more need of (obsolete/hard to find DRB3 + cable & software) ? Presumably, any up to date tire shop could do this? This could be the best news since Mobil1 (for those who want their tpms to work).
Thank you 180!

Last edited by lovecross; 06-17-2018 at 01:30 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-17-2018, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by lovecross
So these newer 33500's can be cloned/matched to each original sensor internal code, thus no more need of (obsolete/hard to find DRB3 + cable & software) ? Presumably, any up to date tire shop could do this? This could be the best news since Mobil1 (for those who want their tpms to work).
Thank you 180!
I would say that any tire shop that fits the 33500 sensors is capable of setting them up, not any tire shop.
Schrader intends these to replace most sensors in use today and in the future.
When I sent away to the Tire Rack in the US for a set of snow tires for my Hyundai, they were shipped pre set.
I wonder if these would be heavily taxed these days due to the trade war started by The Donald?

Old 06-17-2018, 06:20 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Dave, have you any knowledge of these working on a Crossfire?
Amazon Amazon

TPMS: It's finally getting better - Retail - Modern Tire Dealer

Old 06-17-2018, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Reliable Ron has successfully used the Schrader EZ sensor 33500 ($66 in Canada) when replacing the OEM sensors no problem. The metal stem is an optional extra and costs about $10 (Canada) more.
I have no info on the VDO sensors, they probably will work but appear to need a reset by the dealers toolwhich is a definite problem. They come standard with the aluminum stem, so $33 each in Canada.
The Crossfire has used two types of sensors which use two different bands for communication, 315 and 433 MHz. The VDO one in the Amazon ad is 315 MHz. They sell the 433 MHz sensors for the same price.

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-18-2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:03 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I would say that any tire shop that fits the 33500 sensors is capable of setting them up, not any tire shop.
Schrader intends these to replace most sensors in use today and in the future.
When I sent away to the Tire Rack in the US for a set of snow tires for my Hyundai, they were shipped pre set.
I wonder if these would be heavily taxed these days due to the trade war started by The Donald?
I got it, if the tire shop/retailer is selling the 33500, then they should (?) also have the tool to complete the process (transfer each old sensor internal code to new sensor), best to inquire beforehand. Kudos to Schrader & Thank you & Reliable Ron again!
Nobody truly knows where our Executive Branch & his Congress will go next, it is a new reality show each day/week. I'm just an old working stiff, trying to get out of debt. The corporate tax cut (35% to 21%) has not helped me as my employer says they can neither afford raises nor reinstating a few days vacation we lost a few years ago!?! (sorry to mix that in, it is just my reality)

Last edited by lovecross; 06-17-2018 at 11:09 PM. Reason: add