Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Roadster Owners - Subscribe to this YouTube Channel

Old 05-22-2020, 10:05 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 456 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Roadster Owners - Subscribe to this YouTube Channel

Own a Roadster ?
Keep this YouTube Channel in your favorites and Subscribe to it.
This company shows you how to repair your Top Hydraulics,
He has 9 videos dedicated to the Crossfire

click >>> TOP HYDRAULICS

The following 6 users liked this post by Valk:
crossdude (05-29-2023), CROSSFIRERUSH (07-23-2020), Haydyn (03-19-2023), lovecross (07-26-2020), M60A3Driver (05-23-2023), RagTop (03-25-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-23-2020, 08:49 AM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts
Default Re: Roadster Owners - Subscribe to this YouTube Channel

For those who DON'T know, Klaus is the best.
He works on convertible top systems for a LIVING, not a sideline or hobby.

The following 4 users liked this post by pizzaguy:
golfergal (04-17-2021), lovecross (07-26-2020), M60A3Driver (05-23-2023), MCPO (02-02-2024)
Old 05-23-2020, 10:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Klaus' YouTube videos made it possible for me to replace all 7 cylinders in my roadster.
It would have been totally impossible otherwise.

Old 05-23-2020, 11:49 AM
Forum Regular
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Great resource.

Old 04-14-2021, 10:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been a Crossfire owner since 2006. My Aeroblue roadster is my pride and joy. We recently moved from the Seattle are to the Tucson area. I have driven my car less than 3 times since the move as I sustained an achilles tendon injury shortly after our move. Suddenly, last week, the car stopped in the middle of the road...no power...we managed to limp to the shoulder of the road, and we were close to an autocrats store and bought a new battery. After a quick change, the car started fine. I drove it two more times for short distances, and today, the car will not start. DOA in garage. I jumped it...it started..drove it around the block a few times, and an hour or so later, it was dead again. I'm heart sick. We know no one in the area...and I'm afraid to take it to any sort of dealership, knowing we will be ripped off. Help???!!!

Old 04-15-2021, 10:17 AM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by golfergal
I've been a Crossfire owner since 2006. My Aeroblue roadster is my pride and joy. We recently moved from the Seattle are to the Tucson area. I have driven my car less than 3 times since the move as I sustained an achilles tendon injury shortly after our move. Suddenly, last week, the car stopped in the middle of the road...no power...we managed to limp to the shoulder of the road, and we were close to an autocrats store and bought a new battery. After a quick change, the car started fine. I drove it two more times for short distances, and today, the car will not start. DOA in garage. I jumped it...it started..drove it around the block a few times, and an hour or so later, it was dead again. I'm heart sick. We know no one in the area...and I'm afraid to take it to any sort of dealership, knowing we will be ripped off. Help???!!!

Sounds like the RCM, are you able to remove the RCM and inspect the PCB solder joints? There are quite a few topics here about the RCM. DO NOT TAKE IT TO A DEALERSHIP! Many here will talk you through simple troubleshooting, give them the chance to help fix your baby. Good luck!

Old 04-16-2021, 11:01 AM
Forum Regular

We pulled the RCM. It looked fine. Took battery out and back to Autozone. They said the battery was dead (it's a week old). So, we charged it returned to our house, installed battery and returned to Autozone (20 minute drive each way) to have their computer check out the components. She hooked the gadget to the battery and it wouldn't register...it was almost dead again..(8 mile drive from our home). We removed battery, they recharged it for 20 minutes, and then hooked it back up...rehooked the gadget and it shows no alternator function. Does this sound right? We are obviously not mechanics...most especially me...because we're new to the Tucson area, we truly are worried to drive it to the dealership...watched some of Paul's videos on YouTube. Our ground cable/wire looks good...havne' looked under the car...Help!

Old 04-16-2021, 11:48 AM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Sounds like you need a new alternator. But it's very hard to say, you are relying on someone at an auto parts store to diagnose an electrical issue - that can't go well.
But I really think you have an alternator issue - the battery is not being charged. Again, Im not standing there with your car, but that is what I get from what I read.

Is the 'Battery"light on whenthe car is running?

The following users liked this post:
golfergal (04-17-2021)
Old 04-16-2021, 02:04 PM
Forum Regular

Yes, we think so too. The car is running off battery only. We looked at the "fix" on the forum. Husband doesn't think it looks too hard. Famous last words! Got a quote for $450....part can be bought for around $140 or so...labor $120/hour...for the hassle of dealing with a husband who will be in a terrible mood, I'm willing to pay the $450...
Hopefully, that's all the issue it is...
Watched Car Wizard guy...might check all the fuses, as well...might have a bad fuse draining battery.

Old 04-16-2021, 02:07 PM
Forum Regular

The battery light is not on while driving...everything looks good when it's running...then, the radio suddenly dies out..spoiler goes up, and car sputters to a stop...I do get a click when I turn the ignition...but after a few tries. nothing...blank...no mileage screen, no clock...deader than a doornail.
Stacy

Old 04-17-2021, 12:05 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does sound like your alternator stopped charging. (a simple voltage meter set to DC, direct current, up to 20 volts, w/engine running, will show voltage being applied to battery. should be around 14 volts depending on rpm's.
FYI, future reference, The crankshaft position sensor can fail, engine dies suddenly, will crank but not start like out of gas (common and somewhat easy replacement fix, found here). Our '05 alternator still going, but some have had problems.
Do Avoid Chrysler Dealers.

Last edited by lovecross; 04-17-2021 at 12:07 AM. Reason: add
The following users liked this post:
golfergal (04-17-2021)
Old 04-17-2021, 10:38 PM
Forum Regular

Thank you for your response. I just ordered a voltage meter and it arrived today. We are going to test it tomorrow. I have been reading about the multitude of issues my "sweet" car could have...I still think of it as a "baby"...even thought it's 16 years old. Darn teen years...hoping to get the issue worked out this week. I've had so little issues with my car...just love it and appreciate all the help on this forum! Thanks again!!!

Old 04-17-2021, 11:22 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Roadster Owners - Subscribe to this YouTube Channel

Alternator may be tricky, seem to recall 2 (aftermarket versions) available, having different electrical connections? Might search here for more info. If working on electrical, disconnect neg/ground batt. cable.
Our cars have some quirks (needs a good & well charged batt.) but nothing that should break the bank if caught in time & DIY. (Our's is a Keeper.) Note; be sure your trunk never gets flooded, (sensitive items underneath).
I have learned a lot here from some smart & helpful folks.
Sorry...I think we are posting in an incorrect thread...should be moved?

Last edited by lovecross; 04-17-2021 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-14-2021, 06:44 AM

Great YouTube channel, thanks for the recommendation. What software do you use to edit and create videos? I keep my blog on YouTube and Instagram and shoot, edit a lot of videos of a different nature. My blog is a travel blog, but sometimes I create some beautiful and extraordinary creative work. Of the video editors that I've liked the most lately, I can highlight Movavi Video Editor Plus. On the site https://www.movavi.com/ you can find information about him and many other tools of this company. I like this video editor very much because of its functionality. I love using the video stabilization feature, which allows me to create very cool videos while maintaining quality.

Last edited by soxih; 08-28-2021 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by golfergal
I had the same issue and it turned out to be the alternator.

Old 05-23-2023, 09:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 285 Likes on 212 Posts

Excellent videos.
Thanks for the info Valk!

Old 05-23-2023, 11:36 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HazMatt
I had the same issue and it turned out to be the alternator.
I must be blind, but I don’t see the name of the YOU Tube channel. Could you please provide the name of it. Thanks

Old 05-24-2023, 08:16 AM
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MDKEEHN13
I must be blind, but I don’t see the name of the YOU Tube channel. Could you please provide the name of it. Thanks

click >>> TOP HYDRAULICS

Old 05-24-2023, 11:41 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks a bunch

Quick Reply: Roadster Owners - Subscribe to this YouTube Channel