Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Manual Top Operation

Old 12-26-2014, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Manual Top Operation

Terrific tutorial. FYI the "TOOL" is a $165.00 list piece if 3/32-1/8" piece of metal which is also a good hub cap remover. It is pictured on page 189 of the owners manual. I had several copies made by a friend and yet to try them, but if all goes ell, and my friend is willing, I will have more made and hope to let them go at $25.00 + postage. If interested, reply to this post. This is not a money making scheme believe me. I've had 3 Crossfires, and only 1 had the "Key" (tool). Or as suggested, you can make your own.

F Troop Chief

Old 12-26-2014, 11:45 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by FTroopChief
Terrific tutorial. FYI the "TOOL" is a $165.00 list piece if 3/32-1/8" piece of metal which is also a good hub cap remover. It is pictured on page 189 of the owners manual. I had several copies made by a friend and yet to try them, but if all goes ell, and my friend is willing, I will have more made and hope to let them go at $25.00 + postage. If interested, reply to this post. This is not a money making scheme believe me. I've had 3 Crossfires, and only 1 had the "Key" (tool). Or as suggested, you can make your own.

F Troop Chief
FYI - Greg ( MrMiata ) has been supplying these at shipping cost for over a year now.

Old 12-27-2014, 08:20 AM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

First time I saw this thread. Excellent job in explaining and showing us how to do it. Many thanks for taking your time to put it together.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:37 AM

Where all u geniuses when I write about my problem of the trunk latch. I would have loved to order one for 25 bucks. My first latch cost me 500 dollars to set up machine to specs and measurements needed.Made 3 more @ 30 dollars each.that is 590 dollars divided by 4 gives 147.50.Add shipping into that I do not think I was making a pile of money.Maybe if you have solved a problem u should go on line and help others fix their cars instead of keeping it to yourself and then coming on to cut others that go ahead and get the job done.If u had done that I could have bought one for 25 dollars.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:15 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people cant even help themselves.

Old 12-27-2014, 12:25 PM

If u are wanting to take top down atool to use is a Allen wrench with a line hooked up to it incase it is dropped.That is if trunk will not open as well.Must reach in from cabin side.

Old 12-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Received 533 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by SRT4EVR
Where all u geniuses when I write about my problem of the trunk latch. I would have loved to order one for 25 bucks. My first latch cost me 500 dollars to set up machine to specs and measurements needed.Made 3 more @ 30 dollars each.that is 590 dollars divided by 4 gives 147.50.Add shipping into that I do not think I was making a pile of money.Maybe if you have solved a problem u should go on line and help others fix their cars instead of keeping it to yourself and then coming on to cut others that go ahead and get the job done.If u had done that I could have bought one for 25 dollars.
We have a good well, maybe so so search feature here and the 'special tool' is frequently mentioned. In fact I did a drawing of one some time back and put it up here for all to use if they wanted to make one.
CLICK
Anyone who spent $500 to make one obviously has too much money to spend, and anyone who buys one at $147.50 plus shipping has too much money or rocks in their head.

I'll add your first post here so maybe those that know about the roadster can answer now.
Have a 2005 SRT6 roadster. Great little car. Use only in my car club.Have won 2 firsts & 1 second in car shows. But I do have a little problem right now . Manual part of trunk latch is broken and so it will not open. Have trunk made for most space so top will not go down.have tool to give lock quarter turn to release top for manual operation . Cannot feel bolt. Cannot visually look. Could sure use a photo looking down that first body space with top down back between seats & trunk lid so I know what I am trying to put wrench on. Tried for 1/2 hr & could not feel anything. Rwharlick@gmail.com. Thanks:

Last edited by onehundred80; 12-27-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Didn't get carried away with researching a problem in the past.. but sure looked like 05Roadsterguy provided a link.. don't see where we needed to rally together after that.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:24 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its unfortunate that some blame others for their own short comings.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

If u are wanting to take top down atool to use is a Allen wrench with a line hooked up to it incase it is dropped.That is if trunk will not open as well.Must reach in from cabin side.

That is another good idea. I was trying to decide this morning if I should break up a loose set of Allen wrenches to keep a 6mm in the car, or if I should get another combination folding set.

Old 12-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Administrator
Received 878 Likes on 684 Posts

I hope that is sarcasm, if not:

You have made four posts in two years and you think WE are the problem?

100/80, Miata, Myself and others spend a HELL of a lot of time on here answering questions and giving people links to what is here, all voluntary time. If that is not good enough, go fix your own issues like we do and, as we do, come in here and post your fixes for others.

This is not a one-way street, pal. We support one another - what have YOU contributed?

Old 12-28-2014, 02:09 PM

Well Mark.. at least some if not most do show appreciation for those of us who are still around to help out others. I do love those who sign up thinking "we owe them since they joined".. LOL

Old 12-29-2014, 09:16 AM
Forum Regular

Thanx for the dandy, well made tutorial. I had plenty of fun changing out the Roadster brake light a'la instructions from here on the Forum. A life saver. Now there is another DIY advisory that I shall no doubt enjoy implementing in the future. Thanks again, I don't see how you have time to do such nice things, but am glad you do. Much appreciated.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:17 PM

This is an awesome video. Amazing!!!! I used to be a Coupe owner up until 2 years ago and I just purchased a Roadster limited this past weekend. I didn't know you could do that. Thank you for this video. I have to get my hands on one of those tools.

Old 04-18-2016, 12:52 AM

Hello all. Recently purchased an 05 roadster. Can someone direct me to who sells or makes the tool to be able to drop the top??

Old 04-18-2016, 01:33 AM
Old 04-18-2016, 10:47 AM

Thank you. Just purchased the crossfire and I cant lower the top. The sensor for the partition in the trunk is completely missing. I want to be able to lower the top until I resolve the sensor.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by droopy26@msn.com
Thank you. Just purchased the crossfire and I cant lower the top. The sensor for the partition in the trunk is completely missing. I want to be able to lower the top until I resolve the sensor.
If I'm not mistaken.. the switch is a normally open.. so a wire inserted on the plug end to "close" the circuit should let you use it from the control switch.. Wife's roadster has been bypassed by previous owner.. I haven't concerned myself with "how".. just have to make sure the panel is in position to prevent any damage.

Old 04-18-2016, 03:50 PM

Thank You. I will check for the plug and see if I find it. Should be a simple fix if that is the only issue.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:46 AM

Am I looking for a wiring harness or plug that would connect to the sensor?

Quick Reply: Manual Top Operation