Crossfire Roadster A place to post Roadster specific topics.

Had a little accident this morning in the roadster

Old 03-22-2014, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had a little accident this morning in the roadster

This morning I was heading to work and I was clipped by a truck that ran a stop sign. The bad thing Is I was in a construction zone surrounded by long concrete barriers . As you can imagine after the initial impact... I was pushed into one of the barriers in which most of my damage occurred. I was only going around 15 mph so I was fortunate the airbags didn't deploy. BTW the truck never stopped ... it just rode off in the sunset while I stayed in the middle of the road with a front tire that was sideways. From the looks of it I will be needing both fenders, front bumper cover, drivers side fog light,inner fenders cover, rims, tire, both headlights, upper and lower control arms, shock and the steering knuckle or what ever you call it. Headlights don't look bad but the fenders did gouge into them. I also lost the passenger's side windshield cover, not sure if it was lost at the accident site or on the tow home. Also the drivers side bottom ground effect panel was also damaged. Not sure the cost I will be looking at but Im sure it won't be cheap. Im waiting on my insurance adjuster to contact me to see if they can do anything. I don't have full coverage but I may have uninsured motorist. I have no idea on the cost for the parts or the repairs but I know it probably wont be cheap.

20140322_113702.jpg

20140322_082424.jpg

20140322_082252.jpg

20140322_082212.jpg

20140322_063549.jpg

Old 03-22-2014, 10:37 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Had a little accident this morning in the roadster

Hope you're covered since it was a hit and run. Any witnesses?

Old 03-23-2014, 12:37 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Most work zones around me are "photo enforced" police might have a pic of the truck. If needed there are a few Crossfire's being parted out on these forums, you can get parts

Old 03-23-2014, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Abaton6
Hope you're covered since it was a hit and run. Any witnesses?
No witnesses. It was 4 am when it happened so there wasn't much traffic on the roads

Old 03-23-2014, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
Most work zones around me are "photo enforced" police might have a pic of the truck. If needed there are a few Crossfire's being parted out on these forums, you can get parts
Not quite sure about photo enforced. The officers never said anything about it. They just took a report and left.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:13 AM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are insured, don't be surprised if they write it off.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:40 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
If you are insured, don't be surprised if they write it off.
That may be the best solution to the problem, I'd be looking to dump the car if it was mine.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:52 AM

I would hate to dump the car. I've only have it since August of last year and have really enjoyed the car. Only issue I've h ad is one of the convertible top cylinders leaked, which was a easy fix.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:24 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Ahhh. Soo many ppl just want to dump there car if it is a fender bender. People we have Crossfire's not kia's . if your insurance does try to take it buy it back from them. Given the year it would just b prolly $500 taken out of the insurance check to keep the car. Then you can fix it yourself (preffeted) or part it if it is more then you can do. Anything is better then the insurance taking it and it going to a crusher.

Old 03-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear that you are okay

Old 03-24-2014, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
Ahhh. Soo many ppl just want to dump there car if it is a fender bender. People we have Crossfire's not kia's . if your insurance does try to take it buy it back from them. Given the year it would just b prolly $500 taken out of the insurance check to keep the car. Then you can fix it yourself (preffeted) or part it if it is more then you can do. Anything is better then the insurance taking it and it going to a crusher.

Yep_what he said.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That's a shame - glad you are ok.

Old 03-24-2014, 06:57 PM
Forum Regular

If you buy it to part it out for the XF community, there's always the problem of storage. I would not have the room or the time for this, but maybe someone on here does.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:02 PM
Forum Regular
Unhappy Re: Had a little accident this morning in the roadster

Originally Posted by awdspyder98
I would hate to dump the car. I've only have it since August of last year and have really enjoyed the car. Only issue I've h ad is one of the convertible top cylinders leaked, which was a easy fix.
BUMMER! We've had my wife's since new, given it a lot of TLC. She's her daily driver so always concerned about any damage. If "totaled", but not too bad, would probably buy it back from ins. co. & repair, especially after $2400 for new top! I wish she could make her a garage queen, but can't right now. Used parts, if found, might be way to go. Wish they would catch the perpetrator!

Old 03-24-2014, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by rayth
Glad to hear that you are okay
Thanks. I was alittle sore but nothing to write home about.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Abaton6
If you buy it to part it out for the XF community, there's always the problem of storage. I would not have the room or the time for this, but maybe someone on here does.
If I do buy it back I will defiantly want to try and get it back on the road. From the looks of I it doesn't look to bad... most of the repairs I could do.. just the painting is the part I would have to outsource

Old 03-24-2014, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by lovecross
BUMMER! We've had my wife's since new, given it a lot of TLC. She's her daily driver so always concerned about any damage. If "totaled", but not too bad, would probably buy it back from ins. co. & repair, especially after $2400 for new top! I wish she could make her a garage queen, but can't right now. Used parts, if found, might be way to go. Wish they would catch the perpetrator!
A part out is a possibility . I do have the space in the garage but I have a feeling it would seriously bother me to have to take it apart then scrap it. The last partout I did on a car only took me 2 weeks to sell off all the parts.. I wasn't looking to get rich so I was helping people out that needed parts that was on a budget.

Old 03-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Default update

Insurance called and informed me that the car will be covered under my uninsured motorist section. They setup a rental for me to pick up tomorrow (which I don't need). They also want to send a tow truck here to the house to pick up the car and take it to one of there facilities to look at. I asked why... He informed me in a case like mine... they are leaning to write it off as a loss. I was Like WHAT>>> you haven't even seen it! He said parts/cost ratio will be a issue on the car. I was hoping to have the adjuster come look at it here so I can be here and see what I can do. Guess not.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:50 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not go with the car to the adjusters? I did when My wife backed into a dumpster with her Sorrento. I talked the adjustor into tailgate replacement as opposed to Repair. The car was only a month old so it really wasn't that hard but.....

Oh did you ever find out about the camera? Here in Washington, you are always on camera, but the LE do not want to talk about it. You should ask the construction company if they had any cameras up.

Old 03-25-2014, 03:32 PM

Easily over 10K in damage from insurance. I had a very small fender bender and it cost insurance 8k.

Quick Reply: Had a little accident this morning in the roadster