CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Roadster (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/)
-   -   Cleaning the Steering Wheel to shine? (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/71752-cleaning-steering-wheel-shine.html)

kjwinston 06-16-2015 11:45 PM

Cleaning the Steering Wheel to shine?

Ok, I am using Maguire's Cleaning bottles to clean just about everything in for the 2 Twins. I use leather on the steering wheel, but it is dull? Do you guys use anything different to get the inside of the Roadster shinning when the top is down? I am sure you roadster folks would want protection and a good shine.

Thanks ahead of time.

Trenzman 06-17-2015 12:25 AM

Re: Cleaning the Steering Wheel to shine?

What will make the dash a little shiny...it seems like everything i put on it ,it just soaks it up

Pacemaker 06-17-2015 08:13 AM

I have tried several products including ArmorAll and ICE and Maguire's. Nothing gives it a "shine" due to the fact that the rough texture cannot reflect light like a solid surface. You may get a shine on the "hard" trim portions, but not on the rough portions IMHO. I'm dull, so I guess it's fitting to have a "dull" interior..;)

dinasrt 06-17-2015 09:26 AM

Exactly. I'd say that the texture design purpose is Anti-Glare.

Mike-in-Orange 06-17-2015 11:28 PM

Just say no to shiny interiors. Please. A nice, matte finish is sooo much classier. You won't find shiny interiors in S Class Benzes, Bentleys, Maseratis, Porsches, etc. and you shouldn't find them in Crossfires, either.

onehundred80 06-18-2015 12:03 AM

I made the mistake of putting some polish on a painted dash back in the '60s and the lights from the overhead road lights at night were somewhat distracting to say the least. I soon had that shine washed off.

GraphiteGhost 06-18-2015 03:41 PM

:( I have been told that 'armor all' actually eats away at the finish unless you continue to apply it and refresh it. I use light soap and water only (with an emphasis on the light) :(

kjwinston 06-18-2015 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost (Post 839610)
:( I have been told that 'armor all' actually eats away at the finish unless you continue to apply it and refresh it. I use light soap and water only (with an emphasis on the light) :(

I am using your suggested solution, but was wondering if I could put some protected solution for interiors since my top is always down, Any other ideas out there?

arejohn 06-19-2015 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange (Post 839549)
Just say no to shiny interiors. Please. A nice, matte finish is sooo much classier. You won't find shiny interiors in S Class Benzes, Bentleys, Maseratis, Porsches, etc. and you shouldn't find them in Crossfires, either.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

2005 Ragtop 06-23-2015 12:00 PM

KJ,
Adams Premium Car Care Leather Conditioner on a cleaned surface. SPF 65, matte finish and a terrific leather scent (subtle.

kjwinston 06-26-2015 09:14 PM

Thanks for the advise...will see if I can get some of these things...sorry time to wash the "Toy"

Goldwing 07-06-2015 03:01 PM

I occasionally use the Meguiar's equivalent of Armor-All. The best protection (other than my garage) is a cheap car cover from Walmart that keeps the sun off the plastic, yet is easily removed and stored in the boot.

kjwinston 07-14-2015 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by 2005 Ragtop (Post 840119)
KJ,
Adams Premium Car Care Leather Conditioner on a cleaned surface. SPF 65, matte finish and a terrific leather scent (subtle.

Thanks for the Info!!!