CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Crossfire Roadster (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/)
-   -   Les needs help (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/crossfire-roadster/71882-les-needs-help.html)

Les Smith 1948 06-30-2015 12:50 PM

Les needs help

Hi everyone, I own a 2005 model Crossfire roadster. Wonderful car!!!!! I live over here in England but want to export my car to Spain. All legalities sorted. What I am struggling with is obtaining a set of LHD headlamp assemblies to convert my RHD for continental use. Does anyone out there have a set to sell or any advice on a conversion kit to convert for LHD driving. Any help would be most appreciated. If anyone is looking to export a crossfire to England, perhaps a swap might be possible. I'll try anything once !!!!
Cheers all, best regards, Les Smith. My email is:- lesasmith@live.co.uk. Looking forward to hearing from someone.

pizzaguy 06-30-2015 02:33 PM

Re: Les needs help

Are you trying to be funny?
What the hell difference would there be in headlights between a left hand and right hand drive car? ???????????????????????????????????????????????

Seldom has a post here roused my curiosity like yours has.

Les Smith 1948 06-30-2015 03:51 PM

Hi Pizza Guy,
In England when driving on the left, the headlamps dip to the left with a beam cut off into the roadside. When in Europe, and driving on the right, the headlamps dip to the left with the beam cut off to the left roadside. If one drives a left dipping car when driving on the right, the beam cut off is to the center of the road, thus blinding on coming traffic. Perhaps as most drivers in the USA only drive on the right, the headlamps are to a different spec with no beam cut off on cars produced for the USA market. Obviously, that being the case, no American headlamp will suffice in mainland Europe, so I am wasting mine and everyone else's time. I wont ask again. Thanks for your comments and help.

Les Smith 1948 06-30-2015 03:53 PM

Pizza Guy,
Sorry I mean in Europe when driving on the right the beam dips to the right. Slip pf the finger, apoplogies.
Les.

pizzaguy 06-30-2015 03:54 PM

WOW, that is a BIG difference between here and there. The aim of our lights is the same on both sides of the car.
There is simply no difference between the two.

pizzaguy 06-30-2015 03:56 PM

There are a LOT of UK guys on the Facebook page "Chrysler Crossfire Owners" - you might try over there.
Mo Perry in on most every day, or so it seems....

Mackel 06-30-2015 04:29 PM

I first learned of this on an episode of Wheeler Dealer, but the headlights they were swapping out were not the projector style like the Crossfire. They were more similar to the old sealed beam style. Would this right/left aim thing apply to the projectors?

GraphiteGhost 07-01-2015 04:40 PM

:) Cars driven on the right side of the road have their lights aimed to the right and down so as to not blind oncoming traffic. Those who drive on the other side have the opposite, for the same reason. I am not sure if there is a difference in the part numbers, and if so (if) it might just be how they are adjusted from the supplier. They (the lamp holders in the assemblies) do 'swing' with adjustments, I have never tried to 'realign' them for driving on the opposite side of the road. So, those who have a parts listing, are the RHD/LHD assemblies different in part numbers, and if so, can they be 're-aimed' if moved/registered in a country opposite its design? Now I understand why many military folks deployed chose to just buy a clunker when overseas for a year. :)

ala_xfire 07-01-2015 05:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost (Post 840934)
:) Cars driven on the right side of the road have their lights aimed to the right and down so as to not blind oncoming traffic. Those who drive on the other side have the opposite, for the same reason. I am not sure if there is a difference in the part numbers, and if so (if) it might just be how they are adjusted from the supplier. They (the lamp holders in the assemblies) do 'swing' with adjustments, I have never tried to 'realign' them for driving on the opposite side of the road. So, those who have a parts listing, are the RHD/LHD assemblies different in part numbers, and if so, can they be 're-aimed' if moved/registered in a country opposite its design? Now I understand why many military folks deployed chose to just buy a clunker when overseas for a year. :)

The headlight assemblies ARE different for LHD & RHD cars, see attached.

GraphiteGhost 07-02-2015 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire (Post 840944)
The headlight assemblies ARE different for LHD & RHD cars, see attached.

:) Iffin you have any doubt, just ask George! He's DA MAN! Thanks George! :)